• Ollie Wines

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • Charlie Dixon

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My first instinct was that Dixon is too relaxed a character and not well spoken enough to be captaincy material. But you're right, Walker has done a super job at the Crows when those accusations could easily have been levelled at him.

Too relaxed? Don't think so.

Hopefully the club didn't give any guarantees to Ollie when he last signed.
For me, I'm really leaning towards Charlie now. He just attacks the ball all game, is ferocious at the player, and is just a pure born leader.
It's not just about kicking goals, its everything else he does.
Ollie for VC or dare i say it, could we go with dual captains :$!

I am on board the Dixon for captain bandwagon. He is big, strong, competitive and steps up when things aren't going our way. The sort of leader who will find a way to impose himself on the game!

I mean he pretty much singlehandedly kept us in the game in the first 40 minutes and then put himself in the position to seal it several times but just couldn't finish his work (no doubt because he was running on fumes by that point!).

He fixed his marking last summer, time to get his set shot in order and he will be the complete player.

I think Ollie needs a bit more time and Boak doesn't have the necessary campaigner.

If he kicked the goals that got us over the line in a tight final I'd consider it. But 6 straight points including 2 simple misses in extra time which would have sealed the game. No. He is the big recruit we needed to step up and he didn't do it, played well but his job is to kick goals, he didn't. He cost us a final, as well as he played he didn't get it done when it mattered most. Harsh, but true.

Dixon would have to be a leading candidate after this 2017 season.

Seriously, the only mofo who gave a s**t 100% of the time.

Every single contest.

Every one.

Makes everyone else in the side look the pretenders they are.

Wines has hurt opinions of him through his disappearing acts when the game is on the line. He kicked some seriously important goals on the weekend, clutch even - which has to be said.

However. He was and is a prime candidate for doing NOTHING while the game(s) got away from us, and when he did get the ball, literally hand passing it to the opposition in the midfield.

Boak2Nankervisesque at times.

If he kicked the goals that got us over the line in a tight final I'd consider it. But 6 straight points including 2 simple misses in extra time which would have sealed the game. No. He is the big recruit we needed to step up and he didn't do it, played well but his job is to kick goals, he didn't. He cost us a final, as well as he played he didn't get it done when it mattered most. Harsh, but true.

Very harsh i think. You are correct as in he didn't kick the clutch goals, but to say he cost us the game, is a bit savage. What about everything else he done. That was Charlies best game in a Power jumper. Why don't you name other players that had very poor games, one being one of my favourite players in Paddy, and there were others who cost us the win more than Dix did. As for being captain, i don't mind the option at all. Gives Ollie time to settle in for a few more years, albeit, i think he would make a great captain now as well.

How could you suggest this? He was supposedly so toxic to the culture at gold coast that they still haven't recovered after two years.
And as said before he's likely to be injured half the time anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could you suggest this? He was supposedly so toxic to the culture at gold coast that they still haven't recovered after two years.
They keep changing the narrative on their board. One minute they pushed him out the door because of the damage he was doing to their culture, next thing they are accusing him of being a mercenary and only leaving them because he wanted more money. :rolleyes:

Not sure if that's directed at me, but did you not see the passion he displayed. Not entirely sure if he brought the whole culture thing to the GC on his own either.
And as for being likely to be injured half the season, can you pass on this weeks lotto numbers, as i took a bit of a hit on the weekend.

Not sure if that's directed at me, but did you not see the passion he displayed. Not entirely sure if he brought the whole culture thing to the GC on his own either.
And as for being likely to be injured half the season, can you pass on this weeks lotto numbers, as i took a bit of a hit on the weekend.
He wasn't having a go, I reckon that was a tongue-in-cheek post :)

Charlie would make a good vice captain.
I'd have - Dixon and boak vice captain and john butcher captain. Na jokes but seriously Ollie wines should be captain.

Interesting opinions in this thread, good debate

Wines c, Dixon vc, Boak to play on to mentor the two.
Say what you want about Boak's season this year, but he has been a great captain over many years and deserves respect and the opportunity to pass the baton whilst hes still playing.

He can't be our captain. Won't play a full season with his glass ankles.

;)

Hilarious in hindsight. He played 23 games this season, which is more games than any Gold Coast player has played in a season for them ever.

I'm a fan of having someone from each area of the ground in the leadership group, last time this happened I think was 2012 with Schulz and Jackson.

We should return to this and Dixon must be the forward to represent.

Sent from mTalk

Back