Opinion Captain Nat Fyfe- 2017 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

The players vote is just like any vote, not just a popularity contest but a political one. Otherwise Barlow would be the captain.
They will vote for Fyfe because they will know that's whats expected of them and what is necessary.

Last edited:
If they stay with the leading teams it won't happen, Fyfe rubs players up the wrong way.
Load of crock, you know this how? A couple of rumours? Maybe one or two players that's he's not happy with or impressed by? If they all worked as hard as Fyfe did we'd be in the eight at the moment.

Don't know. Somehow this year has messed it up. For me a captain stay captain until he retires. Stepping down for some personal reason might be ok, but in case of Pav it didn't work at all because he is so high profile he can't play on as non-captain anymore. Hard to say what to do now, when Mundy plays on he should remain captain for me everything else would make the captaincy look more like a joke. Player's should stick with their decision...
Mitchell gave it up..

Mitchell gave it up..
But only because Hodge is a better bloke...

Actually think he got a lot of critic similar to Mundy atm at that time. Don't think that change of captaincy had too much influence in Hawthorn return to success after two disappointing years following their 2008 premiership. He'd be considered pretty heroic by now as a 4 time premiership captain and those years would be forgotten...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That article is a worry if every senior player was invited to the wedding except Fyfe. Things really do sound bad between the players at the club.

More likely he fumbled it and then dived on it and was caught holding it...
But where is the burst out of the pack story.
Then the bride tell him the wedding is off, she run off , and suban get very angry the players invite try to hold him off and he try to break them off thinking he is playing afl.

That article is a worry if every senior player was invited to the wedding except Fyfe. Things really do sound bad between the players at the club.
I actually like it , so soap opera.

Could have been bullshit from the caller . When was this wedding? Fyfe could have been invited and been away that date. There is a 100 reasons why he didn't make it.

Could have been bullshit from the caller . When was this wedding? Fyfe could have been invited and been away that date. There is a 100 reasons why he didn't make it.
Nah , like i said fyfe getting invite but give all excuses like not available to avoid going. Typical star player attitude, but for me fyfe done nothing wrong.

Many of you will find this hard to believe but as a young man growing up, I was considered an absolute a-hole and a s**t bloke; however, I achieved more in life than my detractors because I am smarter than them.

There's a moral there........I think.

Many of you will find this hard to believe but as a young man growing up, I was considered an absolute a-hole and a s**t bloke; however, I achieved more in life than my detractors because I am smarter than them.

Now you make me jealous .

Who ever said the meek shall inherit the world did not know wtf they were talking about.

A lot of successful people are s**t blokes who will tread on anybody to get a step up. I'd like to think that Karma will win out in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back