Universal Love Captain Roughie

Remove this Banner Ad

And Roughy shorter than Clarkson? Maybe if you cut off Rough's legs at the knees and I reckon it would still be a line ball call.

I figure they'd need a platform for Clarko because if Roughie raised his arms Clarko would be lucky to get a finger on the base of the cup.

Sorry to intrude .
As somebody who has had a family member die from Cancer recently this is really nice news.
Good on him. Great player, great bloke. Will be a great Captain :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Cancer can go and get f****d. This is the best victory Roughie has ever had:thumbsu:
Great post. I think this is why some of us reacted so strongly to trolling in these threads. Roughie being made Captain transcends footy. It's an absolute blessing but also reminds us that life is short. It was "wacky as" that it was announced on a very tragic day in Melbourne. Strange confluence.

But in a couple of months it will be more in line with what Roughie wants - business as usual.

Sorry to hear of your loss and thanks for your classy and personal post.

Edit: You're "so not" intruding btw. Welcome any time

Can you lay an early bet on Roughy winning the Norm Smith this year?
Sportsbet has a Norm Smith medalist market open.

Luke Hodge @ 51.00 is the shortest odds for a Hawk player. Roughead doesn't appear to even be listed.

Harris Andrews has the equal longest odds @ 2001.00. And if you're asking yourself "who the * is Harris Andrews?" then that's the correct response.

If you really wanted to lay a bet on Roughy for the NS then you'd have to call up and ask for them to make it for you. Wouldn't be the worst bet ever. I'm sure if we got there and he played a good game then the voting panel might be swayed to see a great sporting comeback story reach a really climatic finish.

Luke Hodge @ 51.00 is the shortest odds for a Hawk player. Roughead doesn't appear to even be listed.

Harris Andrews has the equal longest odds @ 2001.00. And if you're asking yourself "who the **** is Harris Andrews?" then that's the correct response.

If you really wanted to lay a bet on Roughy for the NS then you'd have to call up and ask for them to make it for you. Wouldn't be the worst bet ever. I'm sure if we got there and he played a good game then the voting panel might be swayed to see a great sporting comeback story reach a really climatic finish.
This was my thinking. Both on the voting and the Harris Andrews situation

Harris Andrews has the equal longest odds @ 2001.00. And if you're asking yourself "who the **** is Harris Andrews?" then that's the correct response.

Harris Andrews is a young key back from the Brisbane Lions, will be a very very good player. And no I didn't need to google him.

Harris Andrews is a young key back from the Brisbane Lions, will be a very very good player. And no I didn't need to google him.
If he's from Brisbane, what the * is he doing in Norm Smith calculations??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-hawthorn-hawks-in-2017-20170119-gtv54f.html

The part about how his cancer has put life into perspective is interesting. I think this experience will do wonders for his football. It's often said that a large part of the game is played between the ears, and we've seen in the past how Roughy's confidence has impacted on his footy (particularly in his goal kicking). His words come across in a way that makes me feel he's going to be quite comfortable with his ongoing footy life, as if very little could phase him.

With this new found perspective it wouldn't surprise me to see him reach a new peak in his game. Similar to how Sam Mitchell reached a new peak following the birth of his twin girls and the serious illness one of them had to overcome. Sam just seemed far more relaxed with his footy and it made him better and more consistent.

When you compare what Roughy has been through over the past couple years to the highest pressure scenario you could imagine a player facing out on the ground then it's difficult to think that the latter footy scenario could rattle him. We just might be about to see Roughy at his best.

If he's from Brisbane, what the **** is he doing in Norm Smith calculations??

More chance of University being readmitted into the comp than the Lions making a grand final this year.

Seems legit to me. I don't know why haters are suggesting it's been photoshopped...
It's either photoshopped or 89 Adopter has used some kind of spaceship to pass through a black hole into the future to take the picture. When you sit down and think about it for a moment, anyone can take a photo, photoshopping takes a little bit more skill—especially to the standard on the photo in discussion.

It's either photoshopped or 89 Adopter has used some kind of spaceship to pass through a black hole into the future to take the picture. When you sit down and think about it for a moment, anyone can take a photo, photoshopping takes a little bit more skill—especially to the standard on the photo in discussion.

My photoshop skills are pretty amateur - and were non-existent until I found the PS app on the app store late last year. It did allow me to make my avatar of Clarko in his 'Make Hawthorn Premiers Again' hat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back