Captain Sloane

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
At the season launch, it was announced that Sloane will be captain. Also in the leadership group, Tom Lynch, Matt Crouch, Brodie Smith and Tom Doedee.
They could have made the text a bit bigger announcing he was captain. All the headline text is huge and the most important bit was lucky to be 8pt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crows I Am

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
At the season launch, it was announced that Sloane will be captain. Also in the leadership group, Tom Lynch, Matt Crouch, Brodie Smith and Tom Doedee.
Happy with the make up of that leadership group. Good to get Smith in there as he seems to have a good relationship with the younger players. And Doedee's inclusion officially starts the transition to our next skipper, I think he will take over from Sloane in 3-4 years time.

Tex and Talia will still act as leaders on and off the field even though they are not officially in the group. Gives them more opportunity to focus on their footy too as they get near the end of their careers.

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Might be the best mix they could have picked. Next C/VC combo might come from Doods/Crouch, Sloane leads for 2-3 more years, and Smith and Lynch are solid senior support. Think it's the right move to remove Tex entirely and can understand not putting Talia in given his age too. If Nicks was to believed with his "less voices" over the amount of coaches it seems we've followed that with the leadership group too which I think was blowing out to 7-8 players at one point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SuperBashBros

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great choices. Doods is a natural born leader and I called his inclusion into the leadership group last years preseason (for this year). After his injury I thought it might be set back but his work in the SANFL probably solidified it further.

Clear transition into a new era with Nicks even mentioning the selfless Talia and Tex.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not meaning to be a downer, happy with the leadership group, but was anyone else a bit underwhelmed by Nicks in that video?

Seemed a bit hesitant and kept saying “right?” at the end of each sentence, as if he was trying to convince everyone

Just a thought

hey shorty

TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not meaning to be a downer, happy with the leadership group, but was anyone else a bit underwhelmed by Nicks in that video?

Seemed a bit hesitant and kept saying “right?” at the end of each sentence, as if he was trying to convince everyone

Just a thought
I thought he spoke well to be honest, some people just have their common words.

Crows I Am

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide

Just a thought
I thought he spoke pretty well, for someone who has only been in the position for a short period of time there would still be some nerves there as he knew it was being filmed for social media.

Just going by a few short videos, I feel as though he will build a good relationship with the playing group.

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Just a thought
That's how the kids talk these days...too much time on social media

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Really like the leadership group. Feels like the players genuinely picked who they wanted and the club approved it without changes.
By my reading of the article it was Nicks’s decision

“In regards to Taylor and Daniel, the feedback from their peers suggested they both could have been included in the leadership group but we have decided it is time to transition and provide leadership opportunities to others.

“They were supportive of the decision and are highly respected members of the playing group, and will continue to provide guidance and advice across the football program.”

https://www.afc.com.au/news/555633

Remove this Banner Ad