Player Watch Rory Sloane - Re-Signed for 2024

Should Rory Sloane retire or play on in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure were i should post this. but any way a mate of mine runs a wine tour at the barossa. he is very clicky with a few crows players. anyway about 4 weeks ago the crouch brothers Cheney and seeds were down there they were all very open except matt crouch. mate said very reserved guy. brad on the the other hand very open.
cut along story short. brad will finish his carrier here at the crows thats right "BRAD"
Cheney seeds and matt all have intentions to go back to Melbourne. were not talking this year but the near future.
i believe seed will only sign a 2 year contract. announced very soon.
Matt will not sign another contract. Cheney i have no idea when his current contact ends. but from what i have heard it would be a 1 year extention on his current contract. but brad will be a one club player
You make up so much rubbish it’s rediculous, are you Sam McClure by any chance?

not sure were i should post this. but any way a mate of mine runs a wine tour at the barossa. he is very clicky with a few crows players. anyway about 4 weeks ago the crouch brothers Cheney and seeds were down there they were all very open except matt crouch. mate said very reserved guy. brad on the the other hand very open.
cut along story short. brad will finish his carrier here at the crows thats right "BRAD"
Cheney seeds and matt all have intentions to go back to Melbourne. were not talking this year but the near future.
i believe seed will only sign a 2 year contract. announced very soon.
Matt will not sign another contract. Cheney i have no idea when his current contact ends. but from what i have heard it would be a 1 year extention on his current contract. but brad will be a one club player

If this is the same bloke I know that runs wine tours in the Barossa, I would take ANYTHING on any subject with an entire salt cellar rather than a grain of.
Cheney is currently on a one-year deal IIRC.
On reflection, let's start the Matt staying or going thread and see how many pages and how much angst we can create until he announces what he's doing.

At the season launch, it was announced that Sloane will be captain. Also in the leadership group, Tom Lynch, Matt Crouch, Brodie Smith and Tom Doedee.

They could have made the text a bit bigger announcing he was captain. All the headline text is huge and the most important bit was lucky to be 8pt.

06f4713e751373c4d11a4019e01e6e69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the season launch, it was announced that Sloane will be captain. Also in the leadership group, Tom Lynch, Matt Crouch, Brodie Smith and Tom Doedee.
Happy with the make up of that leadership group. Good to get Smith in there as he seems to have a good relationship with the younger players. And Doedee's inclusion officially starts the transition to our next skipper, I think he will take over from Sloane in 3-4 years time.

Tex and Talia will still act as leaders on and off the field even though they are not officially in the group. Gives them more opportunity to focus on their footy too as they get near the end of their careers.

Might be the best mix they could have picked. Next C/VC combo might come from Doods/Crouch, Sloane leads for 2-3 more years, and Smith and Lynch are solid senior support. Think it's the right move to remove Tex entirely and can understand not putting Talia in given his age too. If Nicks was to believed with his "less voices" over the amount of coaches it seems we've followed that with the leadership group too which I think was blowing out to 7-8 players at one point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great choices. Doods is a natural born leader and I called his inclusion into the leadership group last years preseason (for this year). After his injury I thought it might be set back but his work in the SANFL probably solidified it further.

Clear transition into a new era with Nicks even mentioning the selfless Talia and Tex.

Not meaning to be a downer, happy with the leadership group, but was anyone else a bit underwhelmed by Nicks in that video?

Seemed a bit hesitant and kept saying “right?” at the end of each sentence, as if he was trying to convince everyone

Just a thought

Not meaning to be a downer, happy with the leadership group, but was anyone else a bit underwhelmed by Nicks in that video?

Seemed a bit hesitant and kept saying “right?” at the end of each sentence, as if he was trying to convince everyone

Just a thought
I thought he spoke well to be honest, some people just have their common words.

Just a thought
I thought he spoke pretty well, for someone who has only been in the position for a short period of time there would still be some nerves there as he knew it was being filmed for social media.

Just going by a few short videos, I feel as though he will build a good relationship with the playing group.

Just a thought
That's how the kids talk these days...too much time on social media

Back