Captaincy 2020 -

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He wasnt alone but that final against GWS this year showed the Bont wasnt ready to be captain Give Wood one more year and then the Bont should get the job
Bont looked pretty good when we won the flag in 2016 - in fact he really stood up in the GF let alone his BOG in the semi where he made Hawthorn his bitches.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Surprised we haven't had co-captaincy yet. Wood was always going to take the captaincy after Murphy but Bontempelli was ready to be captain in 2018.

I think we're already overly reliant on Bontempelli and maybe they don't want to add to his burden when we have Wood here already.

Would be surprised if Wood wasn't captain again in 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if Bontempelli joined him though.

Last edited:

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surprised we haven't had co-captaincy yet. Wood was always going to take the captaincy after Murphy but Bontempelli was ready to be captain in 2018.

I think we're already overly reliant on Bontempelli and maybe they don't want to add to his burden when we have Wood here already.

Would be surprised if Wood was captain again in 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if Bontempelli joined him though.
Not a fan of co-captaincy at all

The Bont, the Bont.

As soon as he's on the bench Bev is on the phone relaying instructions to him. Not Easton.

He sometimes looks frustrated with his teammates, not a bad thing. I can see him putting a rocket up their arse. Good cop/Bad Cop with Bev.

He's a bit scary when he's angry, You wouldn't want to let him down or go in half-arsed. Maybe as captain some mids might protect him a bit more?

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Definitely time. In the GWS game before the final he was the one who stood up prior to half time. players look up to Bont and is a natural leader. Would be very disappointing if he is not captain next year.

WBD76

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Speaking of leadership, what is Lachie Hunter's on-field role exactly? I've heard him give match day interviews where he sounds like an assistant coach.

Urtle

Debutant
Oct 6, 2000
The Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Steelers
Baffled when people have been questioning Woods form

The bloke was a skinny mid sized flanker...and is still mid size (prob 6'2"??) yet has been playing above his weight like most of our boys have since we lost Hamling/Adams and slow demise of Mozz

We always know he carries some form of niggle and plays through it with no complaints.

The inner 4 walls would be well aware of that and more, the bloke is our captain, leader, general....no one else even close to being ready yet. Continue to praise Bont by all means but the boy isn't ready to take on the role 365 days a year....let him enjoy his role as it is while he can

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He wasnt alone but that final against GWS this year showed the Bont wasnt ready to be captain Give Wood one more year and then the Bont should get the job
giphy (1).gif
giphy (1).gif

Back