Captaincy 2020 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting.

When Easton Wood was announced on the TV coverage of the AFL draft tonight, before he presented Cody Weightman with a new Bulldogs jumper, he was described as "2016 premiership captain". Nothing about being current captain.
It was Gil fluffing his lines again. He meant "2020 Premiership Captain, Easton Wood".

As much as well all want Bont to be Captain i dont see bevo or the team vote taking it off Wood.
Unless he relinquishes the duty Wood will be Captain once again in 2020.
It’s not about taking it off Wood. It’s about making this Bont’s team. It’s his team now. He’s the one they all look up to and aspire to be. He sets the tone.

Just look at GWS. Wasn’t about Davis and Ward losing the captaincy. Everyone involved knew it was Coniglio’s time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not about taking it off Wood. It’s about making this Bont’s team. It’s his team now. He’s the one they all look up to and aspire to be. He sets the tone.

Just look at GWS. Wasn’t about Davis and Ward losing the captaincy. Everyone involved knew it was Coniglio’s time.
Like i just said we all want Bontempelli to be captain, including myself

I just don't see how that happens when right now leading the team we have a bloke who led us to our first premership since 1954. he is a much loved and respected person at the kennel and when you consider the coaching staff and players decide who the captain is its hard to look past Easton Wood.

And we dont follow in the plastics footsteps...
They follow in ours!

Last edited:

I just don't see how that happens when right now leading the team we have a bloke who led us to our first premership since 1954. he is a much loved and respected person at the kennel and when you consider the coaching staff and players decide who the captain is its hard to look past Easton Wood.

They follow in ours!
I’m not even sure Wood is 100% in our best 22 next year, let alone by end of year. We all saw how that worked out when guys like Redpath were in the leadership group. He was back out pretty quick.

They follow in ours!

Maybe we could take a hint from another team... there’s a time for sentimentality and this isn’t it.

1575405295002.jpeg

I’m not even sure Wood is 100% in our best 22 next year, let alone by end of year. We all saw how that worked out when guys like Redpath were in the leadership group. He was back out pretty quick.
Trengove was in our leadership group in 2019, even if he's not best 22 he's a chance again in 2020.

Trengove was in our leadership group in 2019, even if he's not best 22 he's a chance again in 2020.
Yeah I don’t agree with that either. Kane Cornes today did a bit with all the AFL captains and days it’s clearly Bont’s time. Strangely, agreed with all but one of Kane’s decisions. Must be a full moon.

I’m petty and it annoys me Patrick Cripps is a co-captain of Carlton (I’m also not a fan of co-captaincy and don’t think it’s a huge step up from Vice Captain mind you). I don’t want to hold Bont back, he’s a bonafide superstar and had totally earned it. I get that people are saying his time will come but there’s no denying he’s the future of the club. What more does he have to do?

I’m petty and it annoys me Patrick Cripps is a co-captain of Carlton (I’m also not a fan of co-captaincy and don’t think it’s a huge step up from Vice Captain mind you). I don’t want to hold Bont back, he’s a bonafide superstar and had totally earned it. I get that people are saying his time will come but there’s no denying he’s the future of the club. What more does he have to do?
Wait his turn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back