Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Might go Laird or Danger VC.
Not sure I'll captain Macrae. Tagged round 1, ok round 2, will likely get tagged by Tauk Miller this week. Macrae should go 100+ but I'll back Coniglio with the C to rebound with a big score if needed.

Gonna go a little different and chuck the VC on Brouch, as everyone else will be going Laird, Mrouch, Sloane or Danger. Had a huge first half before getting tagged towards the end by Hewett. Chuck the C on Bray, as he looks to have got his mojo back and Essendon are useless at the mo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have him but I reckon Whitfield is a pretty good bet for a C. He's up against Richmond who have been conceding loads of points recently, but more importantly he's a defender against Richmond. Guess who scored 142 against them in Round 2? Jack Crisp. Who top scored for Carlton against the Tigers in Round 1? Nic Newman. Guess who scored 123 against them in the Prelim? Jack Crisp (again). The common link of all of these players are that they are defenders playing against Richmond. We saw how many points the Richmond forward line leaked (in Fantasy) last year, and surely this doesn't improve, with the Tiges losing the current Coleman medallist in Jack Riewoldt.

On top of this, Whitfield has been exceptional to start the year. He was the third best Fantasy player against Essendon in Round 1 despite the ball virtually not travelling to his end of the ground at all. And in round 2 against the Eagles, he top scored with 133, which was a whole 40 POINTS more than the next best player (Adam Kennedy). Whitfield also has nothing to fear about a tag from Richmond unlike Macrae, since they don't tag and because Kelly or Coniglio should get the tag before Whitfield.

I know he wasn't amazing last time I captained him but surely Brayshaw goes massive this week. Pretty much must win against a poor Bombers team he will have to do whatever he can to make sure Melbourne wins and that means a 150 from him

My line for Danger VC just increased to 127. If you have Macrae you should accept not a point less than 130, Crae is going to go huge (150+). This is the game where he reverses all the price drops he has had so far. This is why I knew it would be so hard to just wait for macrae to drop in price...he just won't ever have a real stinker so you're not going to be able to get him in until after his bye at the very least (most likely will be longer). Those with Crae need to cash in now and captain him.

Another reason why the Danger VC line increased to 127 is because of Bray and Cogs. Both should be good for 130+ this week with their matchups. I hardly ever captain a defender (last was probably Shaw way back when he was as filthy as Lloyd is now), but Whitfield and Lloyd should really be talked about as captain options now.

In order: Macrae, Bray, Cogs, Whit, Lloyd

Danger not the best VC option but he's the best that I have. I would go for the highest ceiling because the above 5 are more than handy backups. So I like Sloane, Laird and Mrouch as VC. I reckon Laird will enjoy the freedom after being tagged last week. Mrouch had no right to ton from 19 disposals last week, he'll be back to 30+ possessions this week.

Calvin says
VC RANKINGS: Dangerfield, Matt Crouch… Sloane, Laird, Brad Crouch & Tim Kelly.
VC LINE: 120 (if you have a player in my top 5)

And for Captain
CCround3.jpg

https://dreamteamtalk.com/2019/04/03/calvins-captains-rd-3-8/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back