Cars & Transportation Car Torque

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I think I could get used to staring at one of these.

%2Feditorial%2F118825%2F2004-holden-calais-505.jpg

I dont own these cars but Im the one who gets to enjoy them the most. Last week I picked up a 2018 BMW X5. We trialled Tesla Model X and the Audi Q8 but found this to be the more convenient car for the bosses wife. I preffered the Tesla but it's too much of a fishbowl at the front for her.

But today, today I picked up a 2018 AMG Mercedes S400d L. This is a really, really sweet car. Going to take me a week to understand and use all the features in this car. Took it onto the Autoroute today and was at 170 kmh before I noticed and then backed right off (was a 110 zone, but quiet). This replaces a 2006 S500 L, which now just sits outside like a child that isnt wanted anymore.

I wish I could afford the AMG, it's an incredible drive, but at 100,000 euros($150,000 AUD)... Well, it's just not for normal people.

Like yourself I don’t own the car, a Ferrari, but I get to enjoy a FIFO mates run about

f69577ac10769fdcba835b7bf4623826.jpg

My brother in law also let’s me play with his Maclaren and lambo

The Maclaren is in a league of its own

Like yourself I don’t own the car, a Ferrari, but I get to enjoy a FIFO mates run about

f69577ac10769fdcba835b7bf4623826.jpg

My brother in law also let’s me play with his Maclaren and lambo

The Maclaren is in a league of its own

i would love to own a McLaren, i love they way they look

crazy rich Asians

this was three of his mates taking their combined $3.7m of Lambo's for a cruise from Singapore into Malaysia

View attachment 706175

and no insurance
If they can afford those then they probably don't care about insurance! That's crazy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they can afford those then they probably don't care about insurance! That's crazy!

That’s why they didn’t bother

$10k for every service, every 5,000km
$10k every 10,000 for tyres

The depreciation is nuts, the rego in Singapore is around $80k

Unless it’s through away money, it’s madness.

First car was a 1972 Valiant Charger with a 265 HEMI 6 in it
Talk about stupdity for a 17 yr old

Owned a nice VK Belina 5 lt for a few years

Lately got a look at the current Civic Type R must going nuts but I want one

Tell me more about this Berlina! And maybe the Charger too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the discussion about Singapore and cars , I heard a podcast talking about wealth and status and the ways cultures show this.

It seems some Asian countries display status by the cars they own/have/lease. To the extent they will forfeit other areas of their lives to maintain that outward appearance

Do people really prefer the modern interior design of vehicles to the past? To each their own, but this is one area I'm really bemused about.

Do people really prefer the modern interior design of vehicles to the past? To each their own, but this is one area I'm really bemused about.
For each addition to the dash and the steering wheel that I have no clue about, I am not sure going back will be better either

No cruise control, no intermittent window wipers, no speed warning etc etc etc

Love a day drive in a car without those but not everyday

For each addition to the dash and the steering wheel that I have no clue about, I am not sure going back will be better either

No cruise control, no intermittent window wipers, no speed warning etc etc etc

Love a day drive in a car without those but not everyday

You can keep the technology and features without modern design, everything being controlled via the steering wheel or a touchpad on the console and very little in between. That's the thing, I don't think there has been any new additions to the dash.

I posted a pic of the VY Calais earlier, it can do all those things but still has older looks. Looked at a VF Calais and despite being newer and more features, looked a whole lot less interesting on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back