Cars & Transportation Car Trade In

Remove this Banner Ad

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I had someone smash into my car in a parking lot so it's drive-able but it isn't easy on the eyes at the moment. People have told me about trading the car in for like a max of 3 grand or so. My car was only about $1500 worth anyway so I figured it makes more sense to trade it in and put it towards something else.

So my questions are:

1) Do they care about the damage that much if the car is still drive-able?
2) If so wheres a good place to go in Perth
3) Anything else I'd need to take into account?

I had someone smash into my car in a parking lot so it's drive-able but it isn't easy on the eyes at the moment. People have told me about trading the car in for like a max of 3 grand or so. My car was only about $1500 worth anyway so I figured it makes more sense to trade it in and put it towards something else.

So my questions are:

1) Do they care about the damage that much if the car is still drive-able?
2) If so wheres a good place to go in Perth
3) Anything else I'd need to take into account?

Your car was worth $1500 before the smash and your aiming for $3k afterwards for a trade in? Don't like your chances.

You will struggle to get a trade in for it at any major dealer even with no damage! If it is only worth $1500 for the dealership to make any money what so ever on your car is virtually impossible with those margins and value when it has to be on sold and a warranty of some sort attached etc depending on age and K's on it.

They will just say they do not want it.

Your car was worth $1500 before the smash and your aiming for $3k afterwards for a trade in? Don't like your chances.

Old mr Hughes out at vic park always guarantees a couple of grand for a trade in - don't know if that's only on new cars though. Just has to be licenced, drive able and in your name

Otherwise see what a wrecker will give you for it

Don't go dealing with a greasy, greedy used car salesman, or any kind of car salesman. The used car salesmen are shifty while the new ones are full of absolute s**t and that far up their own arses.

Go private.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it wasn't illegal I'd insure it, then report it stolen and have it found burnt out where they find burnt out stolen cars. But you're not me. Then always go private.

Only problem with John Hughes and his 3k min trade in is that you have to buy one of his POS cars...depends what you're after I guess!

Those minimum trade in guarantees sound good, but they always sting you on the price of the car you're trading up to. If you're buying from a dealer, you can negotiate a better deal if you're a clean skin.

As others have said, need pics to see..might it's $3000 to fix, the chances are that its going to be very unlikely that someone would spend more than a grand if it will take 2-3000 to fix when the car isn't worth that.

Your other option is to sell parts on eBay and make money back that way.

I will buy it, I just need a copy of your license, registration and bank account details to verify your identity and deposit the money into your account.
Been a pleasure doing business with you.

Ring up a wholesaler and see how much they might give you. Be careful of them too though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back