Caravan holiday locations

Jul 26, 2004
rAdelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Leeds United
My wife and I have recently purchased a vintage caravan that we will be restoring and taking on family holidays, being new to the world of caravanning I was wondering if anyone had any holiday locations they would recommend?

Initially we plan on staying relatively locate (4hr vicinity) but early next year we would love to head over to the East Coast but picking locations to set up camp is difficult with the amount of choice over there, would love to avoid the bigger cities such as Sydney and Newcastle and find some nice smaller coastal towns.

any help would be great.

cheers,

srv23

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
My wife and I have recently purchased a vintage caravan that we will be restoring and taking on family holidays, being new to the world of caravanning I was wondering if anyone had any holiday locations they would recommend?

Initially we plan on staying relatively locate (4hr vicinity) but early next year we would love to head over to the East Coast but picking locations to set up camp is difficult with the amount of choice over there, would love to avoid the bigger cities such as Sydney and Newcastle and find some nice smaller coastal towns.

any help would be great.

cheers,

Looking at caravan parks or bush camping?

Jul 26, 2004
rAdelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Leeds United
2 kids but aged under 4 so would probably have to stay in a caravan park or National Park with toilet facilities.

We live South of Adelaide so looking at anything within 4-5 hours initially but then trek a bit further when time permits.

Usually a beach orientated person but got the caravan so we could travel to places we wouldn't normally go or haven't gone yet i.e Wilpena Pound.

Back