Religion Cardinal George Pell

its free real estate

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yet if we are complacent like you, this behaviour if not stopped can turn into something much worse... like child abuse.

I went to a church kids CEBS group when I was less than 10 which was run by a guy called Rob Brandenburg. Apparently told my Dad after 1 session that he creeped me out & didn't want to go back. I don't recall telling Dad that, but he reminded me when Brandeburg was convicted decades later for multiple crimes... so I was lucky that I was a strong willed kid unlike others who were abused.

We must be vigilant if our gut feel is something is not right.
Anything can be a gateway to anything - eg marijuana is a gateway to heroin.

We must take things at face value - Pell's behaviour at the surf club on its own did not cross the threshold for abuse. In the context of other accusations it possibly demonstrates a pattern, but by itself it is insufficient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane McGoodwin

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Anything can be a gateway to anything - eg marijuana is a gateway to heroin.

We must take things at face value - Pell's behaviour at the surf club on its own did not cross the threshold for abuse.
If you think Pell's behaviour of being naked staring at young naked kids is nothing to worry about, then I can't help you...

its free real estate

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you think Pell's behaviour of being naked staring at young kids is nothing to worry about, then I can't help you...
Depends what is meant by staring - as stated previously, there are plenty of overreactions to single males being around kids, very few are paedophiles. That's not to say the heuristic of suspicion isn't justified, but it doesn't cross the threshold of abuse. Do you understand?

Kane McGoodwin

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Depends what is meant by staring - as stated previously, there are plenty of overreactions to single males being around kids, very few are paedophiles. That's not to say the heuristic of suspicion isn't justified, but it doesn't cross the threshold of abuse. Do you understand?
You clearly don't nor obviously listened to what the witness said. He was in absolutely no doubt nor was the other who gave a similar story. The fact you think this is normal behaviour is a worry...

its free real estate

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Suggest you watch 4 corners There was a similar story told independently by 2 different witnesses on how Pell hung around young naked kids. This isn't normal no matter how you try to spin it!
So there was no second witness to this event at the Surf Club?

Do you realise what is required to substantiate abuse? It's not innuendo and suspicion.

its free real estate

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
No it was a completely different event but same modus operandi with a different witness.
"Modus operandi"

Someone has watched too many cop shows.

Third party witness memories are unreliable, before we start Paedogeddoning every interaction between men and children, and setting fire to paediatric clinics in our derangement, we should take a moment to consider what actually constitutes abuse.

Kane McGoodwin

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
"Modus operandi"

Someone has watched too many cop shows.

Third party witness memories are unreliable, before we start Paedogeddoning every interaction between men and children, and setting fire to paediatric clinics in our derangement, we should take a moment to consider what actually constitutes abuse.
Yes, all these countless witnesses with similar stories must have got it wrong...

Fortunately you were not on the jury, but you could get a senior role in the Catholic Church to attempt to coverup paedophiles...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane McGoodwin

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
You counted two, each on separate occasions. I'm no Georg Cantor, but I'm pretty sure this does not meet the standard for 'countless'.
I suggest you watch 4 Corners from last night (there is a link in the other Pell thread) & better inform yourself to make comment in these threads... as there are more than 2x2 witnesses. Also, it is likely more will come out of the woodwork now that this has all been made public.

its free real estate

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
I suggest you watch 4 Corners from last night (there is a link in the other Pell thread) & better inform yourself to make comment in these threads... as there are more than 2x2 witnesses. Also, it is likely more will come out of the woodwork now that this has all been made public.
I have no doubt there will be more accusations against Pell, I just don’t think we should count examples where someone looked at kids funny.

western royboy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I have no doubt there will be more accusations against Pell, I just don’t think we should count examples where someone looked at kids funny.
George is a closet homosexual and a pervert at best...let’s just leave it at that at worst he’s part of the Mulkearns Ballarat Paedophile ring and will deservedly take his place in the Mulkearns Wing of The Hopkins Correctional Centre at Ararat with several of his cohorts

Top Bottom