Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Third most senior Catholic in the world convicted on five child sexual abuse charges by jury.
Deserves its own thread.

Yep, found guilty of child abuse. Good riddance and I hope he rots in jail.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ge...e/news-story/96f368233ea0e5cdec684ddebc9b57b2

George Pell found guilty of child sex abuse
Cardinal George Pell has been found guilty of child sex abuse.

Megan Palin@megan_palin
9a2403f34b35eede12c78dbb470ad559

news.com.auFebruary 26, 201911:22am
f83a4187f8d010306712af882d1d3cb2

Cardinal George Pell has been found guilty of child sex abuse and is facing a significant term of imprisonment following a sensational trial in Melbourne.
The third most powerful man in the Vatican and Australia’s most senior Catholic has been found guilty of raping one choirboy and molesting another in Melbourne’s St Patrick’s Cathedral 22 years ago.
A jury delivered the unanimous verdict on 11 December in Melbourne’s county court, but the result was subject to a suppression order and could not be reported until now. It’s expected there will be calls for Pell to be defrocked.
He’s due to return to the County Court for a plea hearing tomorrow and Chief Judge Peter Kidd will sentence him in March.
Pell’s victims were two 13-year-old boys on scholarships to the prestigious St Kevin’s College.
The pair “nicked off” after a Sunday solemn mass in late 1996 and were caught swigging sacramental wine in the priest’s sacristy by Pell, newly installed as Archbishop of Melbourne.
Pell scolded them, exposed his penis from beneath the ornate ceremonial robes, and molested them.
A Melbourne jury in December found Pell guilty of five charges — one of sexually penetrating a child and four of committing indecent acts with children. That verdict was made public on Tuesday after months of procedural secrecy, and the abandonment of a second trial over allegations Pell indecently assaulted boys in Ballarat in the 1970s.
Pell has maintained his innocence over all allegations and has lodged an appeal of his conviction.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
So perplexing that they let him walk.
Knee surgery ? High chance of taking the easy way out now I think. If so it would effectively mean he goes unpunished and leaving the victims with more suffering...

So perplexing that they let him walk.
Knee surgery ? High chance of taking the easy way out now I think. If so it would effectively mean he goes unpunished and leaving the victims with more suffering...

What? He's had the surgery already, that was after the first trial. He left today because bail was posted on charges that were drop. He has a plea/sentence hearing tomorrow where he will be remanded afterwards. Try reading or watching what has happened before getting carried away.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pell's greatest crime remains unpunished (yet rewarded with promotions by the Church).

Pell was the guy who covered up for priests who were also serial child rapists. It was Pell who regularly moved guys like Ridsdale into unsuspecting and trusting communities.

What a sick world we live in where the Catholic Church is still so revered by so many.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
So he's actually a pedophile too? Not just a pedophile protector?

I wonder how they managed to prove those two boys weren't lying. Hopefully this isn't another metoo movement false conviction.

Last edited:

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
You’d think that maybe on one of their quiet days, this might be something that the U.N might want raise in between their hatred of Israel and gobbing off of anything islam.

Personally, you’d also think that anyone powerful and wealthy enough, would have a fairly robust case at The Hague against the roman catholic church for crimes against humanity.

I’m not saying that every catholic church should burn to the ground, but I’ve unfortunately lost my train of thought on that one.

Funnily enough, you’d also imagine that there’d be a flood of apologies from the many posters in here that played at some of the most exquisite mental gymnastics in their apologetics for both Pell and their beloved church!
I’d like a personal apology firstly and secondly if you wouldn’t mind, to all of the victims, for the supposed moral arbiters that betrayed the most vulnerable within and outside of your church!

Lets ******* hear it!!

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pell's greatest crime remains unpunished (yet rewarded with promotions by the Church).

Pell was the guy who covered up for priests who were also serial child rapists. It was Pell who regularly moved guys like Ridsdale into unsuspecting and trusting communities.

What a sick world we live in where the Catholic Church is still so revered by so many.

Centuries of indoctrination from cradle to grave. Preaching fear & damnation. An all powerful clergy with no oversight.

Same with Protestant Churches, these born again happy clappers, the real cultish groups like Scientology & the secret Bretheren types.

Then we have the other all powerful religions like Islam. How many little boys have suffered under all those 'all powerful' Imams & acolytes. They are centuries behind even the Catholics.

We have such a long way to go. So have, are & will suffer because of these bastards.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
What? He's had the surgery already, that was after the first trial. He left today because bail was posted on charges that were drop. He has a plea/sentence hearing tomorrow where he will be remanded afterwards. Try reading or watching what has happened before getting carried away.
Information is changing fast around this because of legal suppression that just got lifted but i admit i was not correct......was quoting the live ABC feed at time of post in defence

Point stands though....who gets found guilty of multiple kiddy sex offenses and gets bail ?

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
The info is fast moving and changing because of the supression order

"As many as 100 journalists accused of breaching the suppression order have been threatened with a charge of contempt of court and could face possible jail terms "
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...reasurer-found-guilty-of-child-sexual-assault

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
You’d think that maybe on one of their quiet days, this might be something that the U.N might want raise in between their hatred of Israel and gobbing off of anything islam.

Personally, you’d also think that anyone powerful and wealthy enough, would have a fairly robust case at The Hague against the roman catholic church for crimes against humanity.

I’m not saying that every catholic church should burn to the ground, but I’ve unfortunately lost my train of thought on that one.

Funnily enough, you’d also imagine that there’d be a flood of apologies from the many posters in here that played at some of the most exquisite mental gymnastics in their apologetics for both Pell and their beloved church!
I’d like a personal apology firstly and secondly if you wouldn’t mind, to all of the victims, for the supposed moral arbiters that betrayed the most vulnerable within and outside of your church!

Lets ******* hear it!!
You should apologise to yourself. Pell will get off on appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why do you think that?
An accusation in the early 70’s of him fondling boys at a pool.
Nothing for 20 years and then two accusations of him raping altar boys in the 90’s.
Nothing since.
Pedophiles don’t behave like that. There’s no chance that he’s a pedophile and I’ve heard multiple rumours that those present at his trial couldn’t believe the verdict.

Nothing for 20 years and then two accusations of him raping altar boys in the 90’s.
Nothing since.
Pedophiles don’t behave like that. There’s no chance that he’s a pedophile and I’ve heard multiple rumours that those present at his trial couldn’t believe the verdict.
The trial for the 'fishing' incident is not what he has been found guilty of.

You haven't read today's statement from the victim?

Are you an expert on pedophilia to know how they behave? What about rape?

Neither of us have heard the evidence that was presented in court yet you think that 12 jury members got it wrong?

It isn't the press nor the public that found him guilty it is the jury that heard all the evidence.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
The trial for the 'fishing' incident is not what he has been found guilty of.

You haven't read today's statement from the victim?

Neither of us have heard the evidence that was presented in court yet you think that 12 jury members got it wrong?

It isn't the press nor the public that found him guilty it is the jury that heard all the evidence.
I read the statement and I know that the older Ballarat charges were dropped.
I’ll wait and see what happens next before I make any further comments.

I read the statement and I know that the older Ballarat charges were dropped.
I’ll wait and see what happens next before I make any further comments.
I don't think it will matter you seem to have made up your mind.
You haven't answered :

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Nothing since.

And how do you know what Pedophiles typically act and behave like?

You have studied their movements?

Explain how you are an authority on this matter.

You have a dubious, bordering on utterly embarrassing, posting history. So good luck.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Nothing since.
Congratulations on going into bat for a convicted pedophile, what on earth do you hope to gain by doing so?

I thought Essendon* supporters defending James Hird was bad enough but this takes tribalism to a new and sickening level.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Congratulations on going into bat for a convicted pedophile, what on earth do you hope to gain by doing so?

I thought Essendon* supporters defending James Hird was bad enough but this takes tribalism to a new and sickening level.
Ok, I’ll admit that me saying there’s no chance of him being a pedo is a poor choice of words. “Very unlikely” would be a more accurate description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back