Religion Cardinal George Pell

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An accusation in the early 70’s of him fondling boys at a pool.
Nothing for 20 years and then two accusations of him raping altar boys in the 90’s.
Nothing since.
Pedophiles don’t behave like that. There’s no chance that he’s a pedophile and I’ve heard multiple rumours that those present at his trial couldn’t believe the verdict.
More victims are coming forward - the average length of disclosure is 33 years from the event - George WAS a very powerful person - he isn’t anymore

I was just doing some checking around the internet and I just had deja vu

Dr Pell has been accused of abusing a 12-year-old boy at a church camp at Phillip Island during his time as a trainee priest.

Prime Minister John Howard telephoned the archbishop to offer his support, and later publicly stated that he believed Dr Pell was innocent.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...orce-pell-to-stand-aside-20020821-gduijp.html

Dr Pell has been accused of abusing a 12-year-old boy at a church camp at Phillip Island during his time as a trainee priest.

Prime Minister John Howard telephoned the archbishop to offer his support, and later publicly stated that he believed Dr Pell was innocent.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...orce-pell-to-stand-aside-20020821-gduijp.html
I was looking for that link, thanks.

Had this link for the results of the enquiry and also posted in the other thread, outcome of the investigation.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/exonerated-not-forgotten-20021015-gdfq57.html

I really don't know, can't recall.

Might have to go through the Broken Rites site to see if it is mentioned there.

A comment;

“I’ve been given a list of names of high profile judiciary and a former PM and I don’t know what to do with them”

in response to the Royal Commission

It can be read a few ways, one way is he does know what to do with the list and his comment is an attempt to do exactly that

Wink wink

Because the other interpretation is a member of our elected parliament who receives such a list doesn’t know how to act on it (not a good look)

A comment;

“I’ve been given a list of names of high profile judiciary and a former PM and I don’t know what to do with them”

in response to the Royal Commission

It can be read a few ways, one way is he does know what to do with the list and his comment is an attempt to do exactly that

Wink wink

Because the other interpretation is a member of our elected parliament who receives such a list doesn’t know how to act on it (not a good look)
I followed the Royal Commission hearing for quite a while then I stopped as was too distressing.

How can an adult (or anyone) keep quiet about child abuse is beyond belief.

As is often the case in these sorts of matters, there is a lot of smoke billowing before the fire can be found.

The bible bans priests from having sex with women but not boys. The bible is entirely responsible for this ordeal and is clearly an eternal problem.

I was about to say George Pell is also responsible. But if there was no bible he would've almost certainly had sex with adult women instead. Keep supporting that book and keeping it relevant like the muslims do with the Koran.

In essence both books are ****** and should've been burned from existence once the Magna Carta was signed
Wrong. The Bible says that Jewish people should refrain from sleeping with non-Jewish male slaves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I googled it, quite a few articles on Heffernan here, one states 2 ex PM's and legal fraternity. No names mentioned though.

In one way I hope he was just trying to score points as it didn't go any further and if true, offenders have gotten off free.
Shame on him!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Heffernan+allegations+on+ex+PM
My Mum told me in the early 80’s that pedophilia ran all the way to the top in Oz. She also said that an ex-PM was rumoured to be a pedophile. She didn’t say who. I wasn’t even 10.
Dad also told me a year ago that Gough Whitlam was at a do in Townsville I think in the 70’s with his boyfriend. A journo threatened to run a story on it and was told not to by Whitlam. Pollies used to be scary people.

Last edited:
My Mum told me in the early 80’s that pedophilia ran all the way to the top in Oz. She also said that an ex-PM was rumoured to be a pedophile. She didn’t say who. I wasn’t even 10.
Day also told me a year ago that Gough Whitlam was at a do in Townsville I think in the 70’s with his boyfriend. A journo threatened to run a story on it and was told not to by Whitlam. Pollies used to be scary people.
Who is Day?
All goes back to Heffernan or whoever knew about it if true, should have taken it further no matter what.

Who is Day?
All goes back to Heffernan or whoever knew about it if true, should have taken it further no matter what.

Heffernan accused justice Kirby of being a paedophile on the basis of what turned out to be forged documents, I’m not saying he’s wrong on his later accusations but I’d want a bit more than his word.

He claimed the documents he was in possession of (the later ones) came from the wood Royal Commission, I would think that their authenticity shouldn’t be too hard to verify if that were the case. For some reason he never pursued it further, which would be uncharacteristic of him if they were genuine.

I agree with you though, these kind of allegations should be thoroughly investigated.

Heffernan accused justice Kirby of being a paedophile on the basis of what turned out to be forged documents, I’m not saying he’s wrong on his later accusations but I’d want a bit more than his word.

He claimed the documents he was in possession of (the later ones) came from the wood Royal Commission, I would think that their authenticity shouldn’t be too hard to verify if that were the case. For some reason he never pursued it further, which would be uncharacteristic of him if they were genuine.

I agree with you though, these kind of allegations should be thoroughly investigated.
I have done some further reading on that and I wonder whether they might have been confusing homosexuality with pedophilia.

Can't tell if taking the piss or serious :think:

Apparently all priests have sex with boys because the holy document of vatican law doesn't prohibit it. There was a whole episode of south park where a priest tried to change the document to outlaw sodomy and allow sex with women.

Apparently all priests have sex with boys because the holy document of vatican law doesn't prohibit it. There was a whole episode of south park where a priest tried to change the document to outlaw sodomy and allow sex with women.
Is that your opinion or what you learned from an episode of South Park?

It makes you wonder though, even if he was lying he was lying for a reason.

I remember once that there was this character in Parliament House who resembled a potato, and this potato-looking individual had allegedly committed some activity that could make him be referred to the High Court. Yet he then allegedly came walking into Parliament House one day with some folders, labeled with members of the opposition. For some funny reason this potato-looking individual was not referred to the High Court. Turns out he didn't actually have anything in these folders...?

That's how Parliament House, and other aspects of Australia's hierarchical system allegedly works.

Makes you wonder what we are voting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back