Religion Cardinal George Pell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Welcome back Justice Frogden - I have been looking forward your return from the Vatican or the dark ages. If you read the Judgements of all 3 (Three) Judges you would understand how they arrived at their decisions. I most situations of csa or indeed all sa there are no witnesses.

You are entitled to your view on the changes to the legal system - but as a survivor of one of these turds - I applaud what they’ve done. I’d really like to tel you what I think of the likes of you, but in the words of the modern day poet/philosopher JT (Justin Timberlake) “sometimes the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all”

It’s a sad balance of injustices.

Leave Pell aside for a moment.

Go down to Moorabin Magistrates Court and watch the IVOs get handed out like lollipops.

It won’t be a few that get their lives ruined by false accusations. It will be a generation. That’s why there have always been Statutes of Limitations. That’s why there has always been presumption of innocence.

Men are committing suicide hand over fist. In many cases, it’s the consequence of false reports of spousal abuse or child sexual abuse.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea

Go down to Moorabin Magistrates Court and watch the IVOs get handed out like lollipops.

It won’t be a few that get their lives ruined by false accusations. It will be a generation. That’s why there have always been Statutes of Limitations. That’s why there has always been presumption of innocence.

Men are committing suicide hand over fist. In many cases, it’s the consequence of false reports of spousal abuse or child sexual abuse.
Been there, seen it so to speak - you are not comparing apples with apples and you know that - the sieving that happens in the serious stuff has no comparison to what happens in the Mag - again I’ll refer to JT

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Been there, seen it so to speak - you are not comparing apples with apples and you know that - the sieving that happens in the serious stuff has no comparison to what happens in the Mag - again I’ll refer to JT

No. We’re not. But the Mag Crt example is an early sighter of the path we’re heading down.

The fact is that if an accuser presents as a “Witness of Truth” there is no defence to an accusation of historical sexual abuse.

And the world is full of convincing liars motivated by money and/or revenge.

To be clear, I 100% believe your particular story.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
If it was an Arab immigrant that had done what Pell did would we here impassioned defences of the man that we have? I very much doubt it.

You're probably right, and it's hard for me to judge how i'd react. I still do think the evidence appears to not be very conclusive, but it's all immaterial anyway. I think he deserved to go down for moving kiddy fiddler priests around anyway so even if he didn't do this he's certainly guilty of other crimes.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
You're probably right, and it's hard for me to judge how i'd react. I still do think the evidence appears to not be very conclusive, but it's all immaterial anyway. I think he deserved to go down for moving kiddy fiddler priests around anyway so even if he didn't do this he's certainly guilty of other crimes.
I don’t agree with that form of Justice - I’d like to see Pell held accountable for what he has done - be it fondle kids at the Eureka Pool and transfer pedo’s around

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Problem is he never once moved a kiddy fiddler priest around. He had a vague role in moving Ridsdale to a desk job but even then it’s unclear that he knew the nature of Ridsdale’s offending.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Wasn’t he quoted in a previous case as asking if “Gerry had been fiddling kids” and if so to move him?
Unfortunately we have to wait until the redacted sections of the RC Final Report are removed to see what the Commissioners thought of George’s role as a Consultor, Auxiliary Bishop and Archbishop with regard to problem Priests. It’s unbackable odds that it’s not going to be in his favour

50,000+ domestic violence incidents per year.
1 female dead as a result of DV each week.

But it's all a sham to make money or exact revenge.

All because Pell raped a 13 year old boy 30 years ago and a witness to Pell's rape didn't take the time to memorize every detail of Pell raping the 13 year old as it happened.

How low do you intend to go Bruce?

JW Frogen

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Welcome back Justice Frogden - I have been looking forward your return from the Vatican or the dark ages. If you read the Judgements of all 3 (Three) Judges you would understand how they arrived at their decisions. I most situations of csa or indeed all sa there are no witnesses.

You are entitled to your view on the changes to the legal system - but as a survivor of one of these turds - I applaud what they’ve done. I’d really like to tel you what I think of the likes of you, but in the words of the modern day poet/philosopher JT (Justin Timberlake) “sometimes the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all”

Sorry about the delay in the reply, I have just returned from a witch burning.

The presumption of innocence is a foundation stone of Western jurisprudence and the idea one word against another is enough to establish guilt will seriously crack those foundations.

Did I mention witch burning?

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

The presumption of innocence is a foundation stone of Western jurisprudence and the idea one word against another is enough to establish guilt will seriously crack those foundations.

Been happening for 700 or 800 years now, and the foundations are still standing.
Happens every day in our courts in both current-day and historical sex offences, and the foundations are still standing.
Happens every day in petty crime and traffic cases in Magistrates Courts across the land, and the foundations are still standing.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea

Next time I get raped I’ll make sure there are witnesses... go * Yourself - make sure someone is watching so they can verify it

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
50,000+ domestic violence incidents per year.
1 female dead as a result of DV each week.

But it's all a sham to make money or exact revenge.

All because Pell raped a 13 year old boy 30 years ago and a witness to Pell's rape didn't take the time to memorize every detail of Pell raping the 13 year old as it happened.

How low do you intend to go Bruce?

Not as low as your gutless, wilful, typically ignorant and lazy misrepresentation of what I wrote.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Next time I get raped I’ll make sure there are witnesses... go fu** Yourself - make sure someone is watching so they can verify it
This is why ShanDog should close down all discussion on this thread. It cannot carry on with all the emotion attached. JW isn’t saying that the survivor is a liar or the abuse didn’t happen. All he is saying is that when 25 years has elapsed and it becomes one person against another with very limited physical evidence, how can the courts convict Pell taking into account reasonable doubt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back