Cardinal Pell - Guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

Good. Hope this sick Pedo rots for the s**t he did and then the constant denial and victim blaming.

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
How on earth are people of certain political persuasion who endlessly take to task the Victorian court system about it's soft approach on crime all of a sudden condemn, or at the very least, question this verdict. It was a jury and he has been afforded more rights than a lot of other people don't get to have.

Hope he ends up in prison with some people whom he was responsible for ruining their lives sadly I can see him not seeing a day behind a proper gaol.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not that knowledgeable on it, but this is the first conviction I can remember seeing where it was someone who was still active in the Catholic Church and not someone who was exiled and swept under the rug decades ago. A positive step in terms of actively tackling the problem rather than just sweeping up after the church.

Highlights of the Vaticans statement on this:
“In this respect, we now await the outcome of the appeal process, recalling that Cardinal Pell has reiterated his innocence and has the right to defend himself to the last degree.

“Until the definitive verdict, Cardinal Pell is forbidden, as a precautionary measure, from continuing in his ministry and from having contact with minors in any form.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/n...l/news-story/18ca063fca5be49d9d327ef845587f73

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Pell is having the ultimate Jesus experience as the Romans carry him off to gaol.

After his hate campaigns against gay people I hope he rots there.

No surprise Lyle is defending him.

Last edited:

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
How on earth are people of certain political persuasion who endlessly take to task the Victorian court system about it's soft approach on crime all of a sudden condemn, or at the very least, question this verdict. It was a jury and he has been afforded more rights than a lot of other people don't get to have.

Hope he ends up in prison with some people whom he was responsible for ruining their lives sadly I can see him not seeing a day behind a proper gaol.
That’s the irony.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It's a measure of how big a sack of s**t Pell is that, even if this were a miscarriage of justice (spoiler: it isn't), he would still be a thoroughly terrible person. He is malicious and worked to make life harder for people his entire adult life.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Just goes to show that the church is losing a significant amount of power these days and is becoming more and more irrelevant.

There's a political lag however. Abortion and assisted dying for the terminally ill remain poorly or not at all addressed by law as a direct consequence of die hard Christians in the Coalition and Labor having numbers in the parliaments well out of step with their proportion of the population.

There's a naive belief their power will go away on its own. It won't. Euthanasia reform is sabotaged time and time again by these people. Wholly intentional.

Last edited:

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
There's a political lag however. Abortion and assisted dying for the terminally ill remain poorly or not at all addressed by law as a direct consequence of die hard Christians in the Coalition and Labor having numbers in the parliaments well out of step with their proportion of the population.

There's a naive belief their power will go away on its own. It won't. Euthanasia reform is sabotaged time and time again by these people. Wholly intentional.
How on earth the Catholic Church can dare to influence when a person chooses to die to alleviate pain and suffering from a terminal condition is a complete contravention of human rights. Come to think of it, everything the CC stands for is a contravention if human rights.

Pell is a figurehead fronting an organisation based off legal corruption and the exploitation of those unfortunate enough to buy into the philosophy or be the victims of direct sex crimes.

The whole organisation needs a royal commission. The compensation to the victims of these crimes shouldn’t come from victims of crime payments from the government, it should come directly from the coffers of the CC. These people who have suffered need to have an opportunity to rebuild what’s rest of their life.

The CC should fund every single victim substantially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as he dies in incarceration I’ll be happy. Zero access to a church again. What a stain of a human being. I wonder what the catholic deity thinks of child sex offenders?
It's fine, all it takes is a single confession for him to see the pearly gates.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looking forward to the right wing fanatics climbing into this thread in defence of religion and the Catholic Church even in the face of sex crimes against minors.

The Vatican could of provided him refuge.

But it was science that withheld his name and case details

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
How on earth the Catholic Church can dare to influence when a person chooses to die to alleviate pain and suffering from a terminal condition is a complete contravention of human rights. Come to think of it, everything the CC stands for is a contravention if human rights.

Yeah it's kind of their thing. Contraception bad, abortion bad, euthanasia bad, gays bad, systemic abuse of young boys... misunderstood?

nylexbandit

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Why? There is overwhelming evidence against him and multiple victims who’ve testified. We also know from a cultural and historical perspective that this has been an issue for a long time.
Can you post a link to the overwhelming evidence? I’m struggling to read an unbiased summary of the facts (all the versions I see seem to have the catholic/defence viewpoint strongly reflected which makes it difficult for me to understand the beyond reasonable doubt verdict).

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Can you post a link to the overwhelming evidence? I’m struggling to read an unbiased summary of the facts (all the versions I see seem to have the catholic/defence viewpoint strongly reflected which makes it difficult for me to understand the beyond reasonable doubt verdict).

I'd be interested in this too, I haven't delved too deep into the case, just read a shitload of rhetoric basically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back