Cardinal Pell - Guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have expected calls of excommunication. Yet they're doubling down on him being persecuted, which almost draws comparisons with their favourite mascot.
There's always going to be some portion of supporters who live permanently in denial, but the conviction came as a surprise to a lot of experts and more than a few believe his appeal stands a good chance of success on the basis that the evidence didn't support the verdict. The below article provides a pretty good summary:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...inning-appeal-against-convictions-expert-says

That doesn't mean he's innocent, but I am not surprised that the verdict hasn't put an end to the discussion. I doubt the appeal will either. At the end of the day, this case boiled down to one man's word against another's. People are always going to pick who they want to believe.

Lucky not to get more
Nah, pretty in line with expectations. Peter Kidd is a very, very good jurist.

Last edited:

Just had a chat with my Catholic friends pretty sane and rational woman most times.
Was trying to convince me George may have done these bad things, but the court case shouldnt have found him guilty based on the evidence of just 1 victim.

I would say last Sundays sermon was all about how nice George was based on her priests views

Just had a chat with my Catholic friends pretty sane and rational woman most times.
Was trying to convince me George may have done these bad things, but the court case shouldnt have found him guilty based on the evidence of just 1 victim.

I would say last Sundays sermon was all about how nice George was based on her priests views

I don't suppose she happened to mention the other sick pedos he was both aiding & sheltering, in moving them from one school district to another, after he knew full-well the extent of the complaints about them, time & time again.

Ask her how many people giving evidence she would require to be satisfied with a guilty verdict.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't suppose she happened to mention the other sick pedos he was both aiding & sheltering, in moving them from one school district to another, after he knew full-well the extent of the complaints about them, time & time again.
Definitely did
Ask her how many people giving evidence she would require to be satisfied with a guilty verdict.
Told her most of the victims that dont come forward are either broken, dead or still feel guilt or shame or just want to forget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back