Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some of you blokes will defend the club blindly no matter what, redacted has been found guilty of redacted, but you want to wait until he's found guilty twice and then it will be ok guys he might appeal the club should wait just to be sure.

Some of you blokes will defend the club blindly no matter what, redacted has been found guilty of redacted, but you want to wait until he's found guilty twice and then it will be ok guys he might appeal the club should wait just to be sure.

I wouldn't be shocked if we have already dealt with it but nothing public on it.

We are a pretty slick club these days.

I wouldn't be shocked if we have already dealt with it but nothing public on it.

We are a pretty slick club these days.

Mate if the Vatican can publicly sack him then I'm sure we can knock out a quick email.

Mate if the Vatican can publicly sack him then I'm sure we can knock out a quick email.

Why bring attention to ourselves with it though ?

At a guess 70% of members wouldn't even know he is linked to us so why change that?

Just do what we have to do behind the scenes and move on I reckon

Why bring attention to ourselves with it though ?

At a guess 70% of members wouldn't even know he is linked to us so why change that?

Just do what we have to do behind the scenes and move on I reckon

The club publicly was challenged on this in 2017 and again six months ago. Both times the club said in the age and hun that the club would wait until a verdict to make a final action.

Respect to the suppression order. Sack him for being sacked by the Vatican for "stuff"

We publicly defended his presumption of innocence, we are morally bound to publicly make our response known too

The club publicly was challenged on this in 2017 and again six months ago. Both times the club said in the age and hun that the club would wait until a verdict to make a final action.

Respect to the suppression order. Sack him for being sacked by the Vatican for "stuff"

We publicly defended his presumption of innocence, we are morally bound to publicly make our response known too

I must have been living under a rock!

Thanks for the info!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our clubs dynamic duo haven't failed us in the past, and I'm more than confident they won't fail us now.
I'm sure they'll make the right decision when the time is right.

Come on mate there’s still more charges he’s facing (apparently). There’s a suppression order for a reason and I’d rather those people get justice over footy fans who want a symbolic statement from the club. Laws of the land apply here, not some imaginary friend for adults society in Rome.

Come on mate there’s still more charges he’s facing (apparently). There’s a suppression order for a reason and I’d rather those people get justice over footy fans who want a symbolic statement from the club. Laws of the land apply here, not some imaginary friend for adults society in Rome.

Where am I saying break the suppression order?

I'm saying we just say "he's no longer our patron" .that's it

Richmond football club has today announced the removal of pell from his roles at the Richmond football club

Done easy doesn't affect any suppression orders or any trials.

He's pretty old and sick though so maybe you guys will be happy when he's dead and it's easy to do. Even then someone will go on about respecting the dead.

Richmond football club has today announced the removal of pell from his roles at the Richmond football club

Done easy doesn't affect any suppression orders or any trials.

He's pretty old and sick though so maybe you guys will be happy when he's dead and it's easy to do. Even then someone will go on about respecting the dead.
Sterge - can you share the announcement - (link etc) … thanks

Sterge - can you share the announcement - (link etc) … thanks
Pretty sure he was giving an example of the type of simple announcement the club could make

I think the club is in a pretty tough spot though as most people wouldn't even be aware that he's associated with the club.
By coming out with a very public announcement during a time where his name is already in the news, it will just bring negative attention to the club

Pretty sure he was giving an example of the type of simple announcement the club could make

I think the club is in a pretty tough spot though as most people wouldn't even be aware that he's associated with the club.
By coming out with a very public announcement during a time where his name is already in the news, it will just bring negative attention to the club
Ok thanks - I agree its a delicate issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back