Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt's entitled to his opinion, even if it is controversial. We live in a democracy, not a totalitarian dictatorship. The biggest thing separating those two is the freedom to speak your mind. He hasn't done anything against the law. If the club revoked his membership or whatever for his opinion, that would be incredibly wrong. People are entitled to be right-wing whether you like it or not.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is deadset flog, but he's not a convicted paedophile. How would you like it if the club removed your membership because of your political views?

Whilst Andrew Bolts a ******* idiot, he’s broken zero rules and revoking somebody’s membership because you disagree with his opinion as insane as it is, but he’s still entitled to hold is a dangerous precedent to set.

Pell was a patron of the club, which is a special club appointment. Bolt's just a member, isn't he? We can't be running character checks on our regular members, we'd have no-one left.
I think it's something we should consider. Cut down members significantly by only allowing those of highest character. We could then move all home games to PRO and whinge when we don't get finals played there.

whats a convicted racist ?
On 28 September 2011, Justice Mordecai Bromberg found Bolt to have contravened section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.[38][39]

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/andrew-bolt-george-pell/

Convicted racist Andrew Bolt has taken to his blog to state that, in his opinion, Cardinal George Pell is innocent of the five child sex offences of which he has been convicted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolt doesn't have a position at Richmond, and hasn't been convicted of doing anything Illegal. If we allow Shazza to be a paying Member, then we have to allow Andrew Bolt.
He has been convicted of breaching the racial discrimination act, I don't think Shazza has .

On 28 September 2011, Justice Mordecai Bromberg found Bolt to have contravened section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.[38][39]

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/andrew-bolt-george-pell/

Convicted racist Andrew Bolt has taken to his blog to state that, in his opinion, Cardinal George Pell is innocent of the five child sex offences of which he has been convicted
That's enough for me to vote AB out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back