Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt doesn't have a position at Richmond, and hasn't been convicted of doing anything Illegal. If we allow Shazza to be a paying Member, then we have to allow Andrew Bolt.
I have no problem Shazza_ keeping on robbing Safeway.

Bolt is a * wit, I don't think even our conservative members would think much of him. But he holds no official or honorary role at the tigers so I can't rationalise stripping his membership. That's verging on communist party / Saddam Hussein territory.

Perhaps the OP can provide a list of offences that will get memberships revoked. I dare say there's a few posters on here who are not high profile but who might have fallen foul of the law back in the day. Where do we draw the line?

Bolt is a **** wit, I don't think even our conservative members would think much of him. But he holds no official or honorary role at the tigers so I can't rationalise stripping his membership. That's verging on communist party / Saddam Hussein territory.

Perhaps the OP can provide a list of offences that will get memberships revoked. I dare say there's a few posters on here who are not high profile but who might have fallen foul of the law back in the day. Where do we draw the line?
I say getting convicted of breaching the racial discrimination act is enough. It's not as if they do that lightly. It's worse than yelling something racist at a player, and you lose your membership for that.

I say getting convicted of breaching the racial discrimination act is enough. It's not as if they do that lightly. It's worse than yelling something racist at a player, and you lose your membership for that.
Is he a representative of the Richmond football club?

He's not a representative but everyone knows he is a Richmond member and he is a high profile "jounalist". I'd like to know where you would draw the line.He ridiculed Adam Goodes and suggested that he should apologise for calling out a racist slur at the football because the girl was 16. Everyone knows he's a racist, he's been convicted of it what more do you want?

I'm pretty sure that no-one has called for him to lose a non-existent position (as a rep or otherwise) at the club. The OP called for his membership to be revoked. It was pointed out above that AFL club members can have their membership revoked for calling out racist remarks to a player. I believe that no more that such a revocation has been proposed.

He's not a representative but everyone knows he is a Richmond member and he is a high profile "jounalist". I'd like to know where you would draw the line.He ridiculed Adam Goodes and suggested that he should apologise for calling out a racist slur at the football because the girl was 16. Everyone knows he's a racist, he's been convicted of it what more do you want?
Dude, the Herald Sun was sued for two articles he wrote the Court found in favour of the people suing. One of the six that were suing was a bloke called Geoff Clarke. Remember him?
The articles facts where incorrect thats why the Herald Sun lost.
The guy is a knob and he got embarrased infront of Melbourne for being a sh.t talker and a knob but he hasn’t been convicted of anything.

Everybody doesn’t know that at all, I’d wager most wouldn’t have known if you didn’t point out.
As s**t as his opinion is he’s still entitled to make it, your suggestion to drop people as members based on this is stupid we don’t live in North Korea FFS

Dude, the Herald Sun was sued for two articles he wrote the Court found in favour of the people suing. One of the six that were suing was a bloke called Geoff Clarke. Remember him?
The articles facts where incorrect thats why the Herald Sun lost.
The guy is a knob and he got embarrased infront of Melbourne for being a sh.t talker and a knob but he hasn’t been convicted of anything.

sold a lot of papers but

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bolt court case probably recouped legal costs in terms of publicity and circulation.

Last edited:
With convicted paedophile George Pell barred from having Richmond membership , is it time to get rid of other ratbags? Andrew Bolt is a Richmond member and a convicted racist, a climate change denier a, African Gangs wolfwhistler and homophobe. To add insult to injury, he is now a paedophile sympathizer, defending George Pell at every opportunity.I sent numerous emails to club regarding Pell's membership at the club but they only now have disowned him.Richmond leads the AFL community on important social issues but I have never heard any club spokesman distance themselves from Bolt.Are they afraid of the Herald Sun or just slow off the mark?
Maybe if you read the actual court transcripts you might change your mind instead of trying to save the world with your fascist comments.

With convicted paedophile George Pell barred from having Richmond membership , is it time to get rid of other ratbags? Andrew Bolt is a Richmond member and a convicted racist, a climate change denier a, African Gangs wolfwhistler and homophobe. To add insult to injury, he is now a paedophile sympathizer, defending George Pell at every opportunity.I sent numerous emails to club regarding Pell's membership at the club but they only now have disowned him.Richmond leads the AFL community on important social issues but I have never heard any club spokesman distance themselves from Bolt.Are they afraid of the Herald Sun or just slow off the mark?
So what, you now have to be a bleeding heart lefty to be a member at Richmond? Geez I'm stuffed.

Maybe if you read the actual court transcripts you might change your mind instead of trying to save the world with your fascist comments.
Which court transcripts? If you are referring to the racism conviction ,I've read through the case and regard Bolt as detestable.Why are you defending this guy now he is trying to protect paedophiles? Am I missing something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back