Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread wouldn’t seem right without asking. Where’s everyone getting their Good Friday fish & chips . I’ll go first ,
Kingfisher Blue , wheelers Hill , award winners top notch and Tigers flag flying high all year round
No fish and chips this year but Captain's Choice in Forest Hill is the best I've had.

Are you living under a rock as he was exonerated from all charges? Move on if you can’t deal with the facts as not one iota of dirt was found against him by the High Court of Australia.
Cardinal Pell has done more than you and any other person on here including myself to combat , catch paedophiles and compensate victims. Some of his tactics I disagree with , but the facts are he picked up a lot of broken pieces that Sir Frank and his cronies left behind.
Now get this inside your head:
Cardinal George Pell is not a paedophile and stop the immature slander as it just shows your level of ignorance on the matter. Do some research by reading all the articles posted on here and the outcome of the High Courts decision as they basically threw out the case in record time. It was a witch hunt and nothing else going back to the 90’s bc Pell wouldn’t allow homosexuals to take communion. The churches Australia wide were being sabotaged during communion by homosexuals with rainbow sashes in the middle of mass. After this it was a Labour Party driven chase to get him and the ABC and others jumped onboard. The stupidity in all of this was they should have tried to get Pell on attempting to hide information, but the Police knew that he’d been working tirelessly to catch out ped priests and that he was more advanced in this area than them. It’s been known that they also had been covering up for the great Sir Frank Little as numerous cases had been reported to the police well before Pell was in power. The reality is the Police and the State government are more guilty of neglect than Pell will ever be.

lol he was never tried and tested for this as they would have had egg on their faces bc as i said the police would have been dragged into it with Sir Frank.

A submission prepared by his lawyers said the commission had not found “a single witness, nor a single document, which evidences that any person, lay or religious, provided information to Father Pell which would have indicated that Ridsdale was abusing children”.
“Ultimately, when one assesses all of the evidence placed before the royal commission, including that of Cardinal Pell, the commission could not be ‘comfortably satisfied’ that any one of the allegations made against Cardinal Pell has been made out.”
The submissions released by counsel assisting the royal commission run to more than 800 pages. Their recommendations do not have to be accepted.

lol he was never tried and tested for this as they would have had egg on their faces bc as i said the police would have been dragged into it with Sir Frank.

A submission prepared by his lawyers said the commission had not found “a single witness, nor a single document, which evidences that any person, lay or religious, provided information to Father Pell which would have indicated that Ridsdale was abusing children”.
“Ultimately, when one assesses all of the evidence placed before the royal commission, including that of Cardinal Pell, the commission could not be ‘comfortably satisfied’ that any one of the allegations made against Cardinal Pell has been made out.”
The submissions released by counsel assisting the royal commission run to more than 800 pages. Their recommendations do not have to be accepted.
or..
They accused Pell of missing “an important opportunity to recognise and deal with the serious risks posed by Searson”.

Stephen Woods gave evidence that he was raped and sexually abused by three different members of the Ballarat clergy while he was a student at St Alipius Christian Brothers primary school and St Patrick’s college. He said on Monday he was “appalled” that Pell said he did not believe he had enough information to take strong action, and he was glad that the royal commission’s counsel agreed that Pell should have done more.

I don't understand 'normal' Catholic people like yourself being such strong advocates for Pell. This has nothing to do with the millions of believing Catholics out there, but the hierarchy of the church has been found guilty time and time again of sheltering which ended up fostering child abuse for decades if not centuries.

An aside, IIRC Pell required a walker frame to get into court, but practically jogged around his car at the service station the other day. Time has served him well! There is a little bullshit in all of us I guess. ;)

or..
They accused Pell of missing “an important opportunity to recognise and deal with the serious risks posed by Searson”.

Stephen Woods gave evidence that he was raped and sexually abused by three different members of the Ballarat clergy while he was a student at St Alipius Christian Brothers primary school and St Patrick’s college. He said on Monday he was “appalled” that Pell said he did not believe he had enough information to take strong action, and he was glad that the royal commission’s counsel agreed that Pell should have done more.
Nothing was tested in the court rooms and everyone has a say , but unless it’s proven under oath then it means nothing. I said this and he did this is all hearsay and your word against mine. The reason why they didn’t press any charges is the crux of the matter. It’s bc they were told to go on another tangent which led to a 7-0 HC ruling in Pell’s favour. You’re flogging a dead horse and barking up the wrong tree as the State and Police messed it all up and they would have been better to donate all the money they cost taxpayers to the victims.

I don't understand 'normal' Catholic people like yourself being such strong advocates for Pell. This has nothing to do with the millions of believing Catholics out there, but the hierarchy of the church has been found guilty time and time again of sheltering which ended up fostering child abuse for decades if not centuries.
People that have been found guilty have been tried and proven guilty , but that is irrelevant to our discussion on Pell as he was found to be Innocent. That is the typical naive response society trots out . So if an executive to an organisation is found to commit a crime that implies future executive members are guilty of the same crime ???? 🧐 Pell was found to be innocent on every charge by the high court so get that in your head. If you were really concerned you would be questioning our kangaroo courts and police system and all other parties beneath the High Courts as they xxxxed up with their corruption and abuse of taxpayers money.

Last edited:
An aside, IIRC Pell required a walker frame to get into court, but practically jogged around his car at the service station the other day. Time has served him well! There is a little bullshit in all of us I guess. ;)

Are you suggesting he put it on to gain some kind of sympathy?

Or are you more impressed by his orthopedic surgeon and physiotherapist skill and primary care?

I'm hoping if you're going to pot someone you can do it factually ;)

After being found guilty in the second trial he was immediately granted bail until 27 February 2019 in order to undergo knee reconstruction surgery in Sydney.

Or are you more impressed by his orthopedic surgeon and physiotherapist skill and primary care?

After being found guilty in the second trial he was immediately granted bail until 27 February 2019 in order to undergo knee reconstruction surgery in Sydney.
I’m surprised he didn’t do a runner.

Sometimes facts are stranger than fiction :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tuesday night 7pm, *Bolt will be interviewing George Pell.

Obviously will be skewed towards a misscarage of justice, but nevertheless will be great viewing.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Fox's News best rating show yet.

*For those unaware, Bolt is Andrew Bolt, a journalist on Fox News, writes for News Corp, and worked for Bob Hawke in three if his election campaigns.

Last edited:
I’ve got no doubt it will rate not much higher then most shows on Sky- poorly.
Most people don’t want to hear what he has to say, especially if it means listening to Andrew Bolt.
I’d rather stick nails in my eyes

Trying to look back to those days, the fact the gov allowed “The Melbourne Response” it’s mind boggling.

Just taking an idea for a walk, say Pell has no inclination to that sorta sexual deviancy for arguements sake lets presume he does find it abhorrent as any normal person would.

He was prevented from divulging any imformation that came about through their confession.
He was trained as a Priest to view every wrongdoing as forgivable, as equally forgivable. To steal is a sin to violate children is a sin and after he or the Priest had handed out the required penance to the offending individual during the confession.
Then that is that.

How the f.ck could anybody thing its a good idea to have someone in that position over seeing a process for supporting and protecting victims.
Melbourne response", should have been called. Melbourne Catholic church legal defence. It was at least a starting point. But if I was a victim of the church and knew I was going to receive. $40k, and have to sign non disclosure agreements. Would I bother going to O'Loughlin QCs office? No. As a victim you'd be looking for an apology first and compensation second. Catholic church provided neither. Melbourne response was brilliant for the church.

Nothing was tested in the court rooms and everyone has a say , but unless it’s proven under oath then it means nothing. I said this and he did this is all hearsay and your word against mine. The reason why they didn’t press any charges is the crux of the matter. It’s bc they were told to go on another tangent which led to a 7-0 HC ruling in Pell’s favour. You’re flogging a dead horse and barking up the wrong tree as the State and Police messed it all up and they would have been better to donate all the money they cost taxpayers to the victims.
I'm with you on this. There's plenty of Court cases going on at the moment. Where victims of the church pedophilia are getting their cases heard. With a lot of convictions. That's just, in my book

Are you living under a rock as he was exonerated from all charges? Move on if you can’t deal with the facts as not one iota of dirt was found against him by the High Court of Australia.
Cardinal Pell has done more than you and any other person on here including myself to combat , catch paedophiles and compensate victims. Some of his tactics I disagree with , but the facts are he picked up a lot of broken pieces that Sir Frank and his cronies left behind.
Now get this inside your head:
Cardinal George Pell is not a paedophile and stop the immature slander as it just shows your level of ignorance on the matter. Do some research by reading all the articles posted on here and the outcome of the High Courts decision as they basically threw out the case in record time. It was a witch hunt and nothing else going back to the 90’s bc Pell wouldn’t allow homosexuals to take communion. The churches Australia wide were being sabotaged during communion by homosexuals with rainbow sashes in the middle of mass. After this it was a Labour Party driven chase to get him and the ABC and others jumped onboard. The stupidity in all of this was they should have tried to get Pell on attempting to hide information, but the Police knew that he’d been working tirelessly to catch out ped priests and that he was more advanced in this area than them. It’s been known that they also had been covering up for the great Sir Frank Little as numerous cases had been reported to the police well before Pell was in power. The reality is the Police and the State government are more guilty of neglect than Pell will ever be.
Best post on this subject yet. The Vic coppers enabled these pedo priests forever. To right this wrong they now want to commit another wrong.
This case should chill everyone to the bone. All it takes for you to be convicted in Vic is the word of one claimant and no matter how improbable their claims - you will be convicted. In fact it gets better. Lead police investigator, Christopher Reed admitted in open court that they did not do any investigation of A’s second charge that Pell fondled him infront of approximately 50 Parishioners.

Richter: Well, is there any record of anyone undertaking any investigation about (A’s) allegations relating to February 1997?

Reed: No. Not that I’m — not that I can categorically recall now. No.

Richter: Right, and if there had been, you’d have known about it?

Reed: Yes, you would.

This is so scary. They did not interview one, not one other person there that day, they just charged Pell and the judiciary found him guilty. Weinberg and the high court found the whole thing “highly unlikely” yet that did not stop Pell being charged and convicted in Victoria.

The very worst part is that there is no contrition. Ashton says they did a perfect job. Andrews says there is no problem. If someone makes a rape allegation, no matter how improbable the circumstances, against anyone here and you are in Victoria and the ABC does not like you, you should be preparing to go to jail.

The only way you can get off is to have the money to take it all the way to the high court.
When the next state election happens people need to consider this case and the precedent it sets.

Best post on this subject yet. The Vic coppers enabled these pedo priests forever. To right this wrong they now want to commit another wrong.
This case should chill everyone to the bone. All it takes for you to be convicted in Vic is the word of one claimant and no matter how improbable their claims - you will be convicted. In fact it gets better. Lead police investigator, Christopher Reed admitted in open court that they did not do any investigation of A’s second charge that Pell fondled him infront of approximately 50 Parishioners.

Richter: Well, is there any record of anyone undertaking any investigation about (A’s) allegations relating to February 1997?

This is so scary. They did not interview one, not one other person there that day, they just charged Pell and the judiciary found him guilty. Weinberg and the high court found the whole thing “highly unlikely” yet that did not stop Pell being charged and convicted in Victoria.

The very worst part is that there is no contrition. Ashton says they did a perfect job. Andrews says there is no problem. If someone makes a rape allegation, no matter how improbable the circumstances, against anyone here and you are in Victoria and the ABC does not like you, you should be preparing to go to jail.

The only way you can get off is to have the money to take it all the way to the high court.
When the next state election happens people need to consider this case and the precedent it sets.
This is what I can’t understand with people as they can’t put their Catholic hate aside and look at the case itself with the actual facts at hand. It’s bloody scary that we have such corruption in our political system and police force and as you say heaven forbid if you’re accused of any serious crime. It cost my mate $20k for a false charge of theft so imagine a sex related charge. After my mates case I’ve learnt to keep receipts and digital bank transactions bc in the end that’s what saved his arse as they tried to pin him for using his fuel card for five other days of theft of fuel and goods at this service station. On one of the days he’d purchased timber 350 km away where we spent the day erecting a garage on his farm. The Kyneton and Morwell police rode with the accusations made by the tycoon and didn’t investigate the case , but instead rang my mate up and told him he was basically guilty. They didn’t even ask the owner at the station how many people had a fuel card under the tycoons account.
As you say people should be scared of our whole justice system in this state and this case needs to be outlined at the next election.

This is what I can’t understand with people as they can’t put their Catholic hate aside and look at the case itself with the actual facts at hand. It’s bloody scary that we have such corruption in our political system and police force and as you say heaven forbid if you’re accused of any serious crime. It cost my mate $20k for a false charge of theft so imagine a sex related charge. After my mates case I’ve learnt to keep receipts and digital bank transactions bc in the end that’s what saved his arse as they tried to pin him for using his fuel card for five other days of theft of fuel and goods at this service station. On one of the days he’d purchased timber 350 km away where we spent the day erecting a garage on his farm. The Kyneton and Morwell police rode with the accusations made by the tycoon and didn’t investigate the case , but instead rang my mate up and told him he was basically guilty. They didn’t even ask the owner at the station how many people had a fuel card under the tycoons account.
As you say people should be scared of our whole justice system in this state and this case needs to be outlined at the next election.
And RFC have on its board the guy who was the head of integrity and 2IC while lawyer X Pell and god knows what else was going on. When Pell was stripped of his RFC honours Gale said “his association is no longer tenable or appropriate”. Is it tenable for RFC to have such a person on our board? I feel this whole issue needs to be addressed. It’s not like they have much to do at the moment.

Then you get people in jury’s with preconceived ideas about people, like he plays for another team etc......I can see how this could be an issue

Imho the scariest part is not the charges per se , was firstly that the jury believed the allegations beyond “reasonable doubt” and secondly that his appeal was dismissed 2-1 .

Imho the scariest part is not the charges per se , was firstly that the jury believed the allegations beyond “reasonable doubt” and secondly that his appeal was dismissed 2-1 .
Well perhaps those who testified against Pell, not the Victorian Police and who ever else was involved, but the so called victims themselves were rather convincing. 12-0 verdict seems to suggest so, or are all 12 members of the jury crooked. Obviously the beyond reasonable doubt could not be proven, so Pell got off and rightly so as it turns out. This is not so black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back