The Law Cardinal Pell

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journalists are more than straight news reporters.
Yep. According to the Media Entertainment & Arts Alliance, MEAA members engaged in journalism commit themselves to:

Honesty
Fairness
Independence
Respect for the rights of others

News reporters just report the "raw" news, well at least that is what they are supposed to do but many of the stories brought to us by reporters come with a certain amount of editorialising.

I think the McCanns get a lot of dislike for the way they've kept the media circus going around poor Madeline. Many find it over the top and publicity seeking.

The funny thing is, if most people were in the same situation they'd probably do all they could to keep publicity about it and trying to find a resolution in some way.
I'd say the dislike is for the fact they left their kids alone in a foreign country.

DD4nsOVXkAE7YWV.jpg

Vatican rocked: Police raid drug fuelled gay orgy at a cardinals apartment. :joycat::joycat:

"The incident is symptomatic of a difficult period for the Pope. Four years into his papacy the Catholic Church appears racked by conflict and scandal.

Critics blame the Pope's choice of personnel: cardinal George Pell, appointed to clean up the Vatican's murky finances, has taken a leave of absence to defend himself against sex abuse charges in Australia."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11886097

Vatican rocked: Police raid drug fuelled gay orgy at a cardinals apartment. :joycat::joycat:

"The incident is symptomatic of a difficult period for the Pope. Four years into his papacy the Catholic Church appears racked by conflict and scandal.

Critics blame the Pope's choice of personnel: cardinal George Pell, appointed to clean up the Vatican's murky finances, has taken a leave of absence to defend himself against sex abuse charges in Australia."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11886097
It never ceases to amaze me that such a small group of people can cause conservative institutions to tie themselves into knots. Even more absurdly, they're picking fights they can't possibly win.

If I was him I'd turn up in aus way before the trial, then head back to Rome, and get doctors no go come trial time. Can argue he'd tried and had come back.

Now if they take his passport off him! That would be fun

I think that's what he'll do as well, this could be just to give the appearance of willingness.

Yep. According to the Media Entertainment & Arts Alliance, MEAA members engaged in journalism commit themselves to:Honesty, Fairness, Independence, Respect for the rights of others.
News reporters just report the "raw" news, well at least that is what they are supposed to do but many of the stories brought to us by reporters come with a certain amount of editorializing.

LOL.....It's sweet that anyone would still believe this.....And how Entertainment & Arts are commensurate with truth is anyone's guess.

Yep. According to the Media Entertainment & Arts Alliance, MEAA members engaged in journalism commit themselves to:

Honesty
Fairness
Independence
Respect for the rights of others

News reporters just report the "raw" news, well at least that is what they are supposed to do but many of the stories brought to us by reporters come with a certain amount of editorialising.
There was a time when there was a modicum of ethics in mainstream journalism. When the accurate presentation of news and the fair presentation of views was front and centre. Now accuracy accounts for little and you need a miners lamp and search party to sort out opinion from news in most so-called 'news' pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can barely remember my uni days, let alone criminal law unit, but those that work in the area, what's the go with seeking to have someones passport surrendered? At what stage of hearings would that request happen?

I know nothing about law or what happens during trials.

I'm sorry, Shelly, there are many people in this thread that are far more equipped to answer that than me!

A lawyerly friend of mine has him tipped as bunking in the Ecuadorian Embassy .... funny man

I can barely remember my uni days, let alone criminal law unit, but those that work in the area, what's the go with seeking to have someones passport surrendered? At what stage of hearings would that request happen?

It can happen at a Magistrates filings hearing as part of the conditions for granting bail. But he's not in custody so bail doesn't come into it. And given that he has voluntarily flown across the world to defend himself I doubt he would be considered a flight risk.

It can happen at a Magistrates filings hearing as part of the conditions for granting bail. But he's not in custody so bail doesn't come into it. And given that he has voluntarily flown across the world to defend himself I doubt he would be considered a flight risk.

Don't the charges have to be formally read to him and he's bailed from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back