The Law Cardinal Pell

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony dragun

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
They can get comfort from their faith in the reassurance that it's all part of god's plan. Something the faithless can't do.

As do the Police Boys as part of the Police Boys plan, Uniting Church as part of the Uniting Church's plan, foster parents as part of the foster parents plan.

Should I go on?

If "that guy" means "self appointed ****** who considers himself oh so much smarter than the rest" then "that guy" you are.

What a toss bag.

Yes, but he's OUR toss bag. Who is also correct.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
I hate to be 'that guy', but can't resist ...appeal to popularity logical fallacy.

appeal to authority fallacy

That new avatar of yours is looking rather f(ph)allacious n all.

As do the Police Boys as part of the Police Boys plan, Uniting Church as part of the Uniting Church's plan, foster parents as part of the foster parents plan.

Should I go on
?

Oh yes, please do....It's not like anyone is going to stop you now.

tony dragun

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
That new avatar of yours is looking rather f(ph)allacious n all.

Oh yes, please do....It's not like anyone is going to stop you now.

Every organisation, including the catholic church.

Level of scrutiny of every organisation seems a bit somewhat, what can I say, disproportionate.

So, besides the Micks, who had the same level of scrutiny. And, before you start, don't try to tell me the level of abuse was different. Public school teachers and boys clubs too.

tony dragun

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was his head spinning and did he vomit green stuff?

Or is that something else?

Don't search it. Suffice to say, Chief was gleeful.

Why we all had to know about it is anyone's guess.

I'm thinking about starting a thread about giving up carrots.

I envy the buggers. When something goes **** up in my life I'm left to contend with concept that it's often my fault. They've got a get out of jail free card, all in the masterplan, and they find comfort in that. I'm just left to pick up the pieces.
It comes with a lot of psychological baggage. Image being born into sin and having to apologise to a sky tyrant for the rest of your life.

Well, yes it does. Colours your (tunnel visioned) views on the matter.
Of all of my posts you decided to quote me pointing out some obvious logical fallacies in order to demonstratete I have tunnel vision?

Thats a bit weird. Pot, Kettle,black perhaps?

tony dragun

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Of all of my posts you decided to quote me pointing out some obvious logical fallacies in order to demonstratete I have tunnel vision?

Thats a bit weird. Pot, Kettle,black perhaps?

I just can't stand people who have Pell tried and found guilty well before the trial. I suspect there will be a lot of disappointed posters on here.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes, but he's OUR toss bag. Who is also correct.

Correct about what, Chief? The absence of a deity? He might be. You could almost say it's probable. But it's definitely not certain.

But for him to speak of it with such sneering certainty as though he was armed with irrefutable evidence or even logic is what makes him a toss bag. For him to label those who believe differently as "lunatics" makes him a bigoted flog.

I don't care if you're Catholic, Protestant, Atheist, Islamic, Jewish or whatever. Believe what you want. As far as I'm concerned, the evidence for either, and there is evidence for both, the existence or otherwise of a deity, is unsatisfactory in establishing the matter either way. So it comes down to faith. And at least the religious types admit that part.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Oh, ok. Well, no, he's wrong. Had he said all those people were wrong in their belief, then that's fine. Not necessarily correct, but fine for the purposes of argument. But he labelled people "lunatics" due to their belief in a deity. That defies any sort of logic, let alone any medical/psychiatric scrutiny. He's simply a bigot who is intolerant of those who have a different belief system to him.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
I don't care if you're Catholic, Protestant, Atheist, Islamic, Jewish or whatever. Believe what you want. As far as I'm concerned, the evidence for either, and there is evidence for both, the existence or otherwise of a deity, is unsatisfactory in establishing the matter either way. So it comes down to faith. And at least the religious types admit that part.
Oh please do share,I'm sure I,along with 7+billion humans would be very interested in your next post and may revolutionise this debate!?

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I just can't stand people who have Pell tried and found guilty well before the trial. I suspect there will be a lot of disappointed posters on here.

What about those who presume his innocence before the case is heard, & present a posture of pre-emptive certitude to the contrary?.....They must really get up up your nose!

tony dragun

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Given his 'form' & the circumstances surrounding his proximity to all that went down in the Ballarat Diocese cover-ups.....That's not a presumption he has merited.
Be you a Cardinal or a pleb, that presumption forms the basis of our legal system. People like you can't change that. As much as it sounds you want to.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Be you a Cardinal or a pleb, that presumption forms the basis of our legal system. People like you can't change that. As much as it sounds you want to.

Did I argue that he won't be getting it in a court of law?.....No.....I'm not presenting a case to extinguish that ipso facto.

But lets keep sight of all that has preceded this case.....Things don't just occur in isolation, external to a context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back