Scandal Carey back to his old ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming from people that think running past a player on the ground and saying 2-3 words is worse than making disgusting, sexual comments about a person's wife.
Both of them involve making thoughtless, derogatory comments about a loved one.

You're still missing the point big time

Sure, but I dont think a reasonable person would take the denial of an admitted philanderer, sexual assaulter and domestic violence abuser on face value.
Sure, but as an official source of the validity of the rumour, it's all we have. Therefore, the rumour is dead until there's proof to the contrary.

The sledging had nothing to do with Carey, and it wasn't about Mrs Murphy cheating on Murph. It was in regards to her previous romantic involvements before they were together and as such, none of anyone else's business.
If Murphy has chosen to marry someone who has been in past sexual relationships with other AFL players he knows full well what kind of banter he may cop on the field. It is not a shot at her choice to sleep with other AFL players. It is a shot at Murphy for marrying her.

Not saying it is acceptable btw.

The real s**t in the fan will begin if spectators begin to throw those same sledges at him.

Wayne has done himself no favours over the years with past indiscretions - who would believe a thing he says ? Even with football matters (yes concerning Hawthorn) but Sam Mitchell not getting a game for any other club ? Myth busted as he's a gun for the Eagles now. And Cyril's packing his bags to the TIWI Islands........ mmmhmmmm.

Just because someone's opinion sucks doesn't mean they're a liar.

If Murphy has chosen to marry someone who has been in past sexual relationships with other AFL players he knows full well what kind of banter he may cop on the field. It is not a shot at her choice to sleep with other AFL players. It is a shot at Murphy for marrying her.

The real s**t in the fan will begin if spectators begin to throw those same sledges at him.
"Sigh"

Sure, but I dont think a reasonable person would take the denial of an admitted philanderer, sexual assaulter and domestic violence abuser on face value.
I would agree if Carey just denied the rumour but to say he is in regular contact with Marc Murphy about this issue seems to point towards him telling the truth on this instance as you wouldn't think Murphy would speak with him if there was truth to the story.

Stop your blatant trolling ..You really should be banned for the comments you made regarding Nick Riewoldts deceased sister.
I guess we've found the line.

The intended purpose of those hypothetical sledges is to find out where the line is and get you (and others) to see how it can be hurtful from Murphy's perspective. We found your line, but it still doesn't seem to have helped to see it from Murphy's view.

37 pages of "discussion" which circled to the same few posters arguing the same points ruined it.

If posters want to troll etc, by all means do so on bay 13.
This is the thread that should be shut down. It's a fairly baseless rumour that one party has publicly denied.
The other one should have been kept open to discuss the underlying issue. If it was getting out of hand then it should have been cleaned up and warnings issued.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if you are married and your wife has ever slept with anyone else in her life then it's fair game to sledge you about it, correct?

Because obviously her feelings and perspective is completely irrelevant in all of this.

If your analogy had any substance to it you wouldn't need to use a hypothetical. I don't think any footballer would touch the death of a family member at all and if they did they'd get thumped.
Exactly. Now you're getting it. Why should a partner be any different?
Was my example crude? Of course, that's the point. They are both family members to the player and loved ones. They are both hurtful comments and shouldn't be said.

The person making the denial has no credibility however. That does need to be taken into account

But Murphy and his wife also say it isn't true. Do they count as sources or do we just go 'oh yeah but of course they would say that' and dismiss them as unreliable? So a rumour remains 'true' because nobody trusts the motives of those who deny it.

Exactly. Now you're getting it. Why should a partner be any different?
Was my example crude? Of course, that's the point. They are both family members to the player and loved ones. They are both hurtful comments and shouldn't be said.

One has a hell of a lot more hurtful intent behind it. I'm sure you can guess which one. That's why it's a hypothetical.

So if you are married and your wife has ever slept with anyone else in her life then it's fair game to sledge you about it, correct?

Because obviously her feelings and perspective is completely irrelevant in all of this.

She wouldn't know about it if you sucked it up and didn't run crying to the media.

But I don't think this is about Carey anymore so this is the wrong thread.
Carey stated that he hasn't even met her. So as a starting point unless someone has some flimsy evidence that he has at least met her, its rumour busted in my eyes.

Last edited:
If someone had ****** my wife I'd sld

She wouldn't know about it if you sucked it up and didn't run crying to the media.

Carey stated that he hasn't even met her. So as a starting point unless someone has some flimsy evidence that he has at least met her, its rumour busted in my eyes.

LOL, yeah I ran straight round to Barrett and Robbo's houses to tell them all about it over a latte.

As to the point you're trying to make, you are actually saying that if she didn't personally hear all the stuff that's being said about her that makes it ok?

One has a hell of a lot more hurtful intent behind it. I'm sure you can guess which one. That's why it's a hypothetical.
Pretty sure they both have the same hurtful intent, but for some reason one seems to be more socially acceptable. Surely people aren't that blind?

If someone had ****** my wife I'd sld

Are you implying that Murphy did this?

Agree with the second part of your post though.

LOL, yeah I ran straight round to Barrett and Robbo's houses to tell them all about it over a latte.

As to the point you're trying to make, you are actually saying that if she didn't personally hear all the stuff that's being said about her that makes it ok?

If she didn't hear about it she wouldn't be upset about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back