Scandal Carey back to his old ways

Remove this Banner Ad

No we should never look at things objectively, we should always assume the worst of the accused and never consider that a cheated on partner could be being vindictive.

We should always believe what is reported in the Herald Sun as gospel. End of story.

You are not "being objective" here. Rather, you're just assuming that anyone but Carey is the one buggering things around here, despite all evidence to the contrary. As a fellow North fan, stop making excuses for the guy - he is a s**t bloke.

Bogan from a bogan family with an unprivileged upbringing ends up being a bogan, gets away with a lot of stuff and never changes...quick, someone write a play

It's up to C7 and his other employers to determine whether being a s**t bloke is enough to not want him or does he need to actually commit a crime (this is ont civil at the moment??). I doubt this will affect viewers or anything so nothing will change. But I can't wait for the C7 commentators to talk about how great Jimmy Bartel is for his stance...(he of course is, just pointing out that C7 stance is vomit-worthy)

You are not "being objective" here. Rather, you're just assuming that anyone but Carey is the one buggering things around here, despite all evidence to the contrary. As a fellow North fan, stop making excuses for the guy - he is a s**t bloke.
Actually if you've read some of my other posts I do say I think Carey is probably being a s**t bloke. I just don't read an article in the Herald Sun and think well it's in the paper it must be true.

Last edited:
Agree,he will always be the king as a player but the simple facts are he's a turd of a person

Is..is this irony?
it's a bit different really big guy, don't you think? If James Hird, or I dunno, Paul Salmon or Gavin Wanganeen or anyone like that was doing what Carey was doing I wouldn't be blindly backing them and blaming the victim.

Bit different to wanting to find out the outcome of an enormously complex investigation and defending your team in the meantime

Actually if you've read some of my other posts I do say I think Carey is probably being a s**t bloke. I just don't read an article in the Herald Sun and think well it's in the paper it must be true.

Okay buy you haven't been saying "Hun article probably inaccurate" you've been saying "The woman is probably the villain in this one" with no good reason to think as much.

it's a bit different really big guy, don't you think? If James Hird, or I dunno, Paul Salmon or Gavin Wanganeen or anyone like that was doing what Carey was doing I wouldn't be blindly backing them and blaming the victim.

Bit different to wanting to find out the outcome of an enormously complex investigation and defending your team in the meantime

I'm just glad Saint James didn't do anything wrong when he was in France. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay buy you haven't been saying "Hun article probably inaccurate" you've been saying "The woman is probably the villain in this one" with no good reason to think as much.
My last post in this thread. I'm going to stop feeding the fire.

I 95% believe that Carey has done what he is accused of. He most likely did cheat on his partner and was then talking s**t about her when they broke up.

There is a 5% chance that she has done this as a big FU to him for doing the dirty on her. Anyone who doesn't think that a spurned woman could use the courts and or the media to hurt a cheating partner is living in fantasy land.

The reason I think this is the consequences. For her the consequences of going to court are just as likely to have an adverse affect on her career than anything Wayne Carey could be saying about her. Employers don't like litigants it scares them. Yet the consequences for Carey are much greater, possible loss of job and a new stream of articles written by every gossip columnist around.

It comes down to this. Is there a chance that she said you know what f*** you Wayne you cheated on me now I'm going to ruin your career.

It's a much smaller chance than Wayne Carey being a s**t bloke but still a chance.

Shame - I quite like listening to him on Talking Footy, but I suspect might have cooked his goose on his media career for a while (again).

He should stay single. He's not a relationship kind of guy.

Seems your last sentence is true but why would he disappear from our screens if he only cheated. If he is disparaging towards her (or worse) in a manner that tries to exert power over her because of her decision, send him on his way.

However, if cheating is the level at which we measure those in the media / public eye then we would be staring at blank screens - inclusive of both sexes.

As to his partner endangering his job...please. I dare say it has been his decision to cheat and then disparage her that may do that. A women protecting herself physically, emotionally or indeed her reputation is not the trigger.

Edit - the last paragraph is not a response to your post that I quoted.

15.gif
I've been in the cans this arvo, * mate that is a good gif

that's not ironic. Not even slightly. How exactly is she "going public saying things about him"?

Beginning legal action to stop his actions doesn't mean she's doing what he's doing. She's not going public, she's not disparaging him to friends, she's trying to make hims stop.

Yes it is - completely.
It's a second order consequence yes but clearly ironic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back