Carey or Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that hodgepodge who put this together?
Where are all his other disposals?

I mean Ablett had to go into the backline in order to get his hands on the footy in the third quarter as Matera and West Coast had the ball in their half of the ground. Matera single-handedly flipped the game on it's head as they scored 37 points to 8 in the third term.
This is why Ablett cops unfair certisicm in his last two grand final performances. That Geelong team had no backline. They often were carved up in a single quarter of footy against the best teams such as West Coast, Hawthorn and Carlton.

It’s amazing isn’t it. In any game of footy where a team gets absolutely belted you pass a cursory glance over how the losing team’s key forwards did and by and large you will expect them to have no more than a goal or two

We conceded 41 goals in 8 quarters of footy in the 94-95 grand finals. 41. How much time do people think the ball spent forward of centre for the cats?

Nevermind that both those sides had two of the best defences in modern footy. McIntosh, McKenna, Worsfold and Jakovich in the eagles side, Silvagni, Dean, Christos, Sexton and McKay in the Carlton team.

So it’s spending bugger all time going forward then from hardly any opportunities it’s supposed to just be a fait accompli that one player is going to kick bag after bag of goals completely against the run of play. Absolutely he didn’t play his best - you’d expect him to probably kick a few goals as Brownless did but really no more.

It’s amazing isn’t it. In any game of footy where a team gets absolutely belted you pass a cursory glance over how the losing team’s key forwards did and by and large you will expect them to have no more than a goal or two

We conceded 41 goals in 8 quarters of footy in the 94-95 grand finals. 41. How much time do people think the ball spent forward of centre for the cats?

Nevermind that both those sides had two of the best defences in modern footy. McIntosh, McKenna, Worsfold and Jakovich in the eagles side, Silvagni, Dean, Christos, Sexton and McKay in the Carlton team.

So it’s spending bugger all time going forward then from hardly any opportunities it’s supposed to just be a fait accompli that one player is going to kick bag after bag of goals completely against the run of play. Absolutely he didn’t play his best - you’d expect him to probably kick a few goals as Brownless did but really no more.

You do realise GAS will be remembered as having around about the same finals record as Walsh right? 1 season where he was the best finals player and a lot more where he was shocking. That’s it. I wouldn’t be talking that up if I were you.

We all know the obsessed troll simmers with rage whenever GAS' record is praised.

One thing he wasn't aware of is Ablett scored 4 goals more in 56% of the finals he played. And most of them he was 31 years or older.

A reminder: the only final Dustin Martin played aged 31 or older (he was bang on 31) was in 2022 and it was an utterly pathetic effort.

If you age-match their finals Ablett Seniors performances come out way ahead. Although Martin probably won't play another final to improve his veteran finals record.

You do realise GAS will be remembered as having around about the same finals record as Walsh right? 1 season where he was the best finals player and a lot more where he was shocking. That’s it. I wouldn’t be talking that up if I were you.

No.

I realise you have a deep and dark issue though that seems to be taking over your life.

What’s gonna happen if I talk it up.

Are you going to ‘come and get me.’

Are you going to keep posting on a forum and getting banned?

What’s going to happen if I keep talking it up? Tell me because like everyone I’m just hanging on your every word.

We all know the obsessed troll simmers with rage whenever GAS' record is praised.

One thing he wasn't aware of is Ablett scored 4 goals more in 56% of the finals he played. And most of them he was 31 years or older.

A reminder: the only final Dustin Martin played aged 31 or older (he was bang on 31) was in 2022 and it was an utterly pathetic effort.

If you age-match their finals Ablett Seniors performances come out way ahead. Although Martin probably won't play another final to improve his veteran finals record.

Yet everybody does/will recognise Dusty as the best finals player ever, just in front of KB. Hmm delicious

No.

I realise you have a deep and dark issue though that seems to be taking over your life.

What’s gonna happen if I talk it up.

Are you going to ‘come and get me.’

Are you going to keep posting on a forum and getting banned?

What’s going to happen if I keep talking it up? Tell me because like everyone I’m just hanging on your every word.

How many finals series was GAS the finals MVP?

Then we’ll see who’s trolling

Carey has more B&F's including one in a premiership year and another when North Melbourne were runners up, while Ablett only won one when Geelong were a mediocre side, Carey multiple Leigh Matthews Trophies, far better leader too, Ablett only really had goal kicking on his side

Carey has more B&F's including one in a premiership year and another when North Melbourne were runners up, while Ablett only won one when Geelong were a mediocre side, Carey multiple Leigh Matthews Trophies, far better leader too, Ablett only really had goal kicking on his side

And he was too stupid to figure out where his best position was until he got arthritis. His footy IQ was atrocious who even does that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many does he need to be the best in? Does it really matter? Carey wasn’t the best in any - you could MAYBE mount an argument for 1999 but Shannon Grant probably pipped him annyway - and I think he was at least the equal of Ablett if not better.

Who the f**k cares.

Exactly I was right, so not sure why you thought I was trolling.

Pumping up his finals resume isn’t a good idea. Apart from 1 season he’s no better than the average Joe.

I’d say his peak finals is better than Carey but not overall. Let’s see which one you prefer here, peak or overall?

Pumping up his finals resume isn’t a good idea. Apart from 1 season he’s no better than the average Joe.

Where did I pump it up.

I have stated facts.

The average Joe has a norm smith medal and has a nominal finals MVP award and has 1 more finals MVP award than the other guy being discussed IN THIS THREAD as another possible best ever candidate.

The average Joe across 16,000 players in AFL history have achieved this.

So 8000 players have done what he has done.

This is an interesting turn of events.

I’d say his peak finals is better than Carey but not overall. Let’s see which one you prefer here, peak or overall?
Well Ablett averaged more goals in his career finals (with almost half of them played when he was 34 years or older) than Lockett, Dunstall and Carey. 4 per game - average Joe stuff. Imagine if he got to play most of his finals during his peak years in his 20s. He would've probably averaged 6 goals per final instead of 4.

The single finals series he did get to play in his 20s he averaged 6.8 goals a game. That is absolutely insane.

Well Ablett averaged more goals in his career finals (with almost half of them played when he was 34 years or older) than Lockett, Dunstall and Carey. 4 per game - average Joe stuff. Imagine if he got to play most of his finals during his peak years in his 20s. He would've probably averaged 6 goals per final instead of 4.

The single finals series he did get to play in his 20s he averaged 6.8 goals a game. That is absolutely insane.
Kevin Bartlett at 33 averaged 7 goals in a finals series, what's Ablett's excuse, now imagine if Bartlett played as a forward in his 20s

Where did I pump it up.

I have stated facts.

The average Joe has a norm smith medal and has a nominal finals MVP award and has 1 more finals MVP award than the other guy being discussed IN THIS THREAD as another possible best ever candidate.

The average Joe across 16,000 players in AFL history have achieved this.

So 8000 players have done what he has done.

This is an interesting turn of events.

Can’t you read I said apart from his 1 best finals series he is an average Joe.

Again I said apart from his best finals series. Take that out and redo the calc. Let’s see how good his averages are.

Can’t you read I said apart from his 1 best finals series he is an average Joe.

Well no, the average Joe doesn’t follow up their finals MVP effort in their next full finals series by averaging 15 touches and 4 goals across 4 games, do they? Or are there 8000 guys who’ve done that, too? ‘Pretty embarrassing tbh’ as you’d say in one of your dipsh*t posts.

But even aside from that, you just want to disregard one of the greatest finals series of all time.

‘Apart from making Schindler’s List, has Liam Neeson been in anything good?’

‘Apart from the Game of Thrones books has George Martin produced any great literature?’

‘Aside from Seinfeld was Jason Alexander in any decent shows?’

Again I said apart from his best finals series. Take that out and redo the calc. Let’s see how good his averages are.

He had two other more full finals series where he averaged four goals a match 😂
And these INCLUDED his worst matches.

You’re too stupid for words mate.

How many was it, by the way, just to satisfy my interest?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back