Opinion Carey sinks to new low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it better to be naturally good? Or to overcome being a bad person through supreme effort and turn yourself into a functioning member of society? I respect the * out of Wayne Carey for the man he has turned himself into. We all make mistakes and he made more than his fair share, but he is well on his way to earning redemption in my opinion.

Is it better to be naturally good? Or to overcome being a bad person through supreme effort and turn yourself into a functioning member of society? I respect the fu** out of Wayne Carey for the man he has turned himself into. We all make mistakes and he made more than his fair share, but he is well on his way to earning redemption in my opinion.
I'm not really arguing with you, it's just an interesting point, but how do we know he is on his way to earning redemption? Because he hasn't transgressed lately? I agree that people can be redeemed, but is he on that path or is it just long enough ago that people don't care. What has he actually done to redeem himself?

I'm not really arguing with you, it's just an interesting point, but how do we know he is on his way to earning redemption? Because he hasn't transgressed lately? I agree that people can be redeemed, but is he on that path or is it just long enough ago that people don't care. What has he actually done to redeem himself?
He does a lot of work for charity in regards to men’s health, and specifically men’s mental health. Which I think is brilliant from someone in his position. There’s a lot of men out there who in their youth would’ve been on a similar path as Wayne and to see him now and know that you can turn your life around would do wonders.

Quote from a review “It's not hair treatment, it's hair LOSS treatment.

OK maybe it's hair treatment if you get it soon enough?

And for $49 a month you can get erectile dysfunction treatment as well. But what if you can only afford one treatment and not both. I mean if your hair falls out would you even need the ED treatment? But then what if you had lots of hair but also had ED?

And then for another $49 they have a treatment for premature ejaculamation also..

Man it does my head in…wonder if they have a treatment for that too?”

I have no issue with Wayne lending his name to this or any other form of snake oil. His life to live and his choice/legacy.
My problem is his attaching aforementioned product to a very real public health problem. That.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oof. Would be pretty depressed if I was balding, had ED as well as a pre-jacking problem.

My problem is his attaching aforementioned product to a very real public health problem. That.
On a serious note, it's hardly Carey's decision that the marketing people who created the ads decided to link hair loss with depression.

Now we all know that Wayne has zero integrity, history confirms the essence of his being.
As low as I rate Carey as a human being he has plunged to new lows with his current ad campaign leveraging “men’s health” alongside another hair product for the follically challenged.
Men’s health is a serious and growing concern in society and I do not doubt that for some thinning hair can have a personal impact.
I do think using a public health issue for personal gain stinks.

TLDR
Carey shill, proves he is a crap human.

smashing a broken wine glass into a girls face was probably ranked higher
but perhaps it does rank higher than smashing the back out of his captains wife at a party

Jeez. Sorry I don’t live here.

I (opinion) didn’t like the fact that the ads lean heavily into a hugely important public health issue.
It is fine if you don’t agree.
I see it akin to if Ricky Ponting advertised scented candles and the entire ad was about mental health. Yes there may be a tenuous link to well-being.
Opportunistic and disingenuous in my opinion. You may choose to think WC is doing this for the betterment of his fellow man. It’s not my view but you are entitled to yours.

Hugely important health issue, going bald!
Thought you were having a laugh.

Me I went bald in my early 20's, no it is not something I would wish on people, but hell if that is your biggest issue in life, such is life.
If the ads are about other issues, then you may have a point, but you are being very judgemental.

It’s just advertising so I couldn’t care less. You want a new low in advertising? Jimmy Bartel being against gambling due to his father and childhood yet now he’s all for it.

It’s just advertising so I couldn’t care less. You want a new low in advertising? Jimmy Bartel being against gambling due to his father and childhood yet now he’s all for it.
Didn't Bartel also campaign about the way his father treated his mother, sister's and himself yet then leave his wife and 2 young children to have an affair with another woman himself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glassing a woman
Boning a good mates wife
Sexually assaulting a female in public
Ditching his then pregnant wife to be with a model
assaulting a police officer
having traces of cocaine and then bailing on going to prison to mentor some kids who were in jail

Making a link to balding and how it can and does effect mental health flogging some product, Not as s**t as any listed. Piss off OP

Hugely important health issue, going bald!
Thought you were having a laugh.

Me I went bald in my early 20's, no it is not something I would wish on people, but hell if that is your biggest issue in life, such is life.
If the ads are about other issues, then you may have a point, but you are being very judgemental.

I. Whaa. Dunning Krueger.

Glassing a woman
Boning a good mates wife
Sexually assaulting a female in public
Ditching his then pregnant wife to be with a model
assaulting a police officer
having traces of cocaine and then bailing on going to prison to mentor some kids who were in jail
Yeah I’d have the hair loss ad in the Top 3 of that list. Easily.

Getting a little action on the side, nothing wrong with that.

He does a lot of work for charity in regards to men’s health, and specifically men’s mental health. Which I think is brilliant from someone in his position. There’s a lot of men out there who in their youth would’ve been on a similar path as Wayne and to see him now and know that you can turn your life around would do wonders.

people should read his biography then come back and see what you think of Wayne. Bloody hard upbringing.

Now we all know that Wayne has zero integrity, history confirms the essence of his being.
As low as I rate Carey as a human being he has plunged to new lows with his current ad campaign leveraging “men’s health” alongside another hair product for the follically challenged.
Men’s health is a serious and growing concern in society and I do not doubt that for some thinning hair can have a personal impact.
I do think using a public health issue for personal gain stinks.

TLDR
Carey shill, proves he is a crap human.

You only need to look at the type of combovers and rugs that many men sport to know that it really is something that troubles them. You need a better vehicle than this to express your hatred for Carey.

How is Carey still able to be a broadcaster is beyond disgraceful.
Yeah Channel 7 hire them but the AFL should really step in and stamp out this second chance crap. It goes against everything they talk against like domestic violence and sexual assualt to drugs. Carey's done it all and his still employed in the AFL industry. It shows what a joke the AFL is and nothing really matters to them. All talk and no action.

Shows what pathetic people in charge of media organisations are too. Carey has a long list of criminal charges yet they continue to employ him. I doubt they even do criminal checks when applying for a job with Channel 7 or Fox Sports. His not even a good commentator. Says the most obvious and dumb things everytime I hear him. Plus his so negative when commentating. It's just him whinging about something. Brings no excitement to the game. I hate listening to him. Piss him off already.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Is this the history where he was brutally bashed and abused as a child, sleeping on the floor of women's refuges as teenager after his Mum fled his dad in fear of her life?

Last edited:
How is Carey still able to be a broadcaster is beyond disgraceful.
Yeah Channel 7 hire them but the AFL should really step in and stamp out this second chance crap. It goes against everything they talk against like domestic violence and sexual assualt to drugs. Carey's done it all and his still employed in the AFL industry. It shows what a joke the AFL is and nothing really matters to them. All talk and no action.

Shows what pathetic people in charge of media organisations are too. Carey has a long list of criminal charges yet they continue to employ him. I doubt they even do criminal checks when applying for a job with Channel 7 or Fox Sports. His not even a good commentator. Says the most obvious and dumb things everytime I hear him. Plus his so negative when commentating. It's just him whinging about something. Brings no excitement to the game. I hate listening to him. Piss him off already.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

It is actually worse having the convicted drug cheat Jobe Watson commentating on a sport he was banned from playing for drug cheating.

Carey has screwed up majorly in his life, but now owns it and turned his life around.

But given footy is an industry where AFLW is played at a stadium named after a noted wife basher and man who was happy to record hateful diatribes like this, hey, anything is possble.

Yes, far worse that ******* your best mate's wife or glassing a lady. Those were all fine with me, but this is a step too far.
Yes, I thought he’d reached the nadir when her forcefully grabbed a woman’s breasts and a nightclub and told her to get a bigger set but I still never thought I’d see him flogging hair loss products. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back