Rumour Carey v. Stevens II : The long awaited rematch

Remove this Banner Ad

*I say rumours as I don’t know if it was ever confirmed even though I’m 99% sure it’s true.
Good on you. Usually if multiple people say it on BF it's just accepted as a fact.

yeah for some reason people seem to excuse footballers going after school girls

Stringer's actions were completely *ed, but it's not really relevant to a discussion on Carey is it, whose actions have also been *ed and he's got quite a long catalog of said actions
17 year old school girl whose parents were fine with it. He was 23. Not really a big deal.

The thing that was completely ****ed was cheating on his partner and mother of his babies.

17 year old school girl whose parents were fine with it. He was 23. Not really a big deal.

The thing that was completely *ed was cheating on his partner and mother of his babies.
yeah I don't agree with that, we're talking about someone who is a minor

It might not be illegal in Vic at 17 but we're talking 5 year age gap, like it's not as if they were a year level apart in school or anything

23 year olds shouldn't be hanging around high schools

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

It's interesting that you think that is the part that is *ed up though.
I never said what he did to his partner wasn't ****ed up, I don't agree with the whole school girl thing being not that bad

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

The thing that was completely *ed was cheating on his partner and mother of his babies.
A 23 year old dating a 17 year old may be legal but it is definitely not okay.

The second part is also ****ed.

I never said what he did to his partner wasn't *ed up, I don't agree with the whole school girl thing being not that bad
Yet you didn't mention it in your op. Just the schoolgirl stuff.

A 23 year old dating a 17 year old may be legal but it is definitely not okay.

The second part is also *ed.
Did I say it was ok?

I said it's not really a big deal. Especially with consenting parents. What he did to his partner was far worse.

But still, thread is about how Wayne Carey is a piece of a s**t. Let's get things back on track. 👍

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did I say it was ok?

I said it's not really a big deal. Especially with consenting parents. What he did to his partner was far worse.

But still, thread is about how Wayne Carey is a piece of a s**t. Let's get things back on track. 👍
I think it’s definitely a big deal.

Put it this way, a 23 year old is old enough to be a teacher, 17 year olds are in year 11/12, if you found out a teacher was in to year 11s and 12s you’d rightfully think that’s a big deal.

I think it’s definitely a big deal.

Put it this way, a 23 year old is old enough to be a teacher, 17 year olds are in year 11/12, if you found out a teacher was in to year 11s and 12s you’d rightfully think that’s a big deal.
Incredibly different scenarios - in no way comparable.

one is illegal and breaches code of ethics / duty of care.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
He’s actually a nice story of how you can turn your life around and become a better person. Not everyone has the easiest upbringing and if you don’t seek the right type of help that bleeds into your early years as an adult. I think it’s important that some people have examples like Carey who have gone down a bad path, and still managed to turn their life around.

Thanks Wayne.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Did I say it was ok?

But still, thread is about how Wayne Carey is a piece of a s**t. Let's get things back on track.
Statutory rape not a big deal but consensual sex is, got it.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Age of consent is 16 in Victoria.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your vivid imagination though.
not for a 23 year old partner it's not, really not sure why you're so hung up on defending this one Beery

not for a 23 year old partner it's not, really not sure why you're so hung up on defending this one Beery
Can you provide a link for that?

Odd that he was never charged with rape if that's the case.

Can you provide a link for that?

Odd that he was never charged with rape if that's the case.
I had a look at legal aid and the rule has been changed

If Jake was her coach then it would be illegal, or a guardian or teacher etc

Still, what's legal in this space isn't the bar for me

So, you have issue with 1/2 the St Kilda team bunking down with "she who should not be named"?

Or is that in a different light?
I have an issue with anyone over the age of 18 running with the 16 is legal defence

Now, I'd prefer if people stopped defending Stringer in here and instead bagged out Carey for being a total campaigner of a human

I had a look at legal aid and the rule has been changed

If Jake was her coach then it would be illegal, or a guardian or teacher etc

Still, what's legal in this space isn't the bar for me

I have an issue with anyone over the age of 18 running with the 16 is legal defence

Now, I'd prefer if people stopped defending Stringer in here and instead bagged out Carey for being a total campaigner of a human

No offence, but what your bar is of zero concern to anyone. That is why we have Laws.

Specific to Stringer, he was 23 who was with a consenting 17 year old. In the eye's of the law it was legal. He was not her guardian so why you even bring it up is just nonsense. IF Stringer was not an AFL player no one would have batted an eyelid. You act like 23 is some level of peak adult maturity.

17 year old's can legally leave school and enter the workforce full time. The assertion that they cannot also be with someone a grand total of 6 years older than they are is not only farcical, its frankly just stupid.

Carey was a piece of s**t, it takes a real * wit to mess with your mates wife and not to the mention the domestic abuse he is guilty of. Id like to think Carey is a different person though now. Just because he was an asshat doesn't mean he always has to be an asshat. People should be allowed the decency from the rest of us to rehabilitate.

Last edited:
No offence, but what your bar is of zero concern to anyone. That is why we have Laws.
no offense but laws are s**t, if your bar for whether you should be doing something is purely is it legal then you've got no moral compass at all

Specific to Stringer, he was 23 who was with a consenting 17 year old. In the eye's of the law it was legal. He was not her guardian so why you even bring it up is just nonsense. IF Stringer was not an AFL player no one would have batted an eyelid. You act like 23 is some level of peak adult maturity.
What if Stringer was 28 or 35 or 45? Because the law would still say that's legal

17 year old's can legally leave school and enter the workforce full time. The assertion that they cannot also be with someone a grand total of 6 years older than they are is not only farcical, its frankly just stupid.
17 year olds are still minors, they can't vote, they can't drink, can't drive in most states

Carey was a piece of s**t, it takes a real * wit to mess with your mates wife and not to the mention the domestic abuse he is guilty of. Id like to think Carey is a different person though now. Just because he was an asshat doesn't mean he always has to be an asshat. People should be allowed the decency from the rest of us to rehabilitate.
Carey has decades of being a pig, * him

no offense but laws are s**t, if your bar for whether you should be doing something is purely is it legal then you've got no moral compass at all

What if Stringer was 28 or 35 or 45? Because the law would still say that's legal

17 year olds are still minors, they can't vote, they can't drink, can't drive in most states

Carey has decades of being a pig, * him

LOL.

if you dont like the laws of the country than go petition the high court for them to change it. But that is what governs what we can do in life.

it doesn't matter if they cant drink, vote etc etc. The age of consent is 16. there are plenty of things 17 year olds can do in life. They can certainly can drive, and they can also leave school to enter the workforce.

a 23yr old being with a 17 yr old is now immoral? There are worse things going on in the world mate.

jesus christ.

We aren't talking about Hugh Heffner here. We are talking about a bloke who was 6 years older. My dad is 6 years older than my mum. I'm going to go home and call him a sicko.

You are just mad "because she was a schoolgirl". had she left School at 17 and was a full time hairdresser, would that matter if she was with a 23 year old? Or is just because its jake stringer who has a public profile.

Last edited:
LOL.

if you dont like the laws of the country than go petition the high court for them to change it. But that is what governs what we can do in life.

it doesn't matter if they cant drink, vote etc etc. The age of consent is 16. there are plenty of things 17 year olds can do in life. They can drive, an they can also leave school to enter the workforce

a 23yr old being with a 17 yr old is now immoral? There are worse things going on in the world mate.

jesus christ.

We aren't talking about Hugh Heffner here. We are talking about a bloke who was 6 years older. My dad is 6 years older than my mum. I'm going to go home and call him a sicko
you're running a lot of straw mans to defend adults having sex with minors, you can continue that elsewhere in a relevant thread if you want to go into bat for that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back