List Mgmt. Carlile announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

From Tredrea off facebook.

"Congratulations on a great career Alipate Carlile. I still remember when I rang you on draft day to welcome you to the club and you told me to F*%k Off and hung up thinking it was a prank."

We have a first class tap ruckman coming back next season. A lift in the midfield will no doubt happen, and that will be significant.

I am a glass half full guy, I'm quite bullish about next year.

If we have some luck with injuries and we get competition for spots going, we will do ok.

I still believe we have the top end talent to do some damage, the question is around our second tier.

Your opinion is one of someone who either hasn't seen much of Bobby or doesn't understand the game. To say he has never been in the top 10 fullbacks in the comp is blatantly wrong. Given that and your timing on when to share your learned opinion then perhaps it would have been better left unsaid.
i think the stats will prove me right and although stats at not everything Carlile simply wasnt a topline fullback, he lacked the ability to run all day and was often exposed in that area as well sometimes being exposed one-on-one through poor positioning or being out marked

i think the stats will prove me right and although stats at not everything Carlile simply wasnt a topline fullback, he lacked the ability to run all day and was often exposed in that area as well sometimes being exposed one-on-one through poor positioning or being out marked

#factualsmackdown

Tluc8nF.png

You "think the stats will prove you right"? Looks like Chrizzt has saved you the trouble. Aside from that since when has the ability to run all day been a key measure of a full back anyway?

You "think the stats will prove you right"? Looks like Chrizzt has saved you the trouble. Aside from that since when has the ability to run all day been a key measure of a full back anyway?
i hope you are listening to yourself, "since when has the ability to run all day" Classic

i was right, he's on par with Zac Dawson,
Actually, the fact that he's the 6th stingiest defender on that list means you are completely wrong. You claimed that stats would prove you right, and instead they proved you completely wrong. It's natural human instinct to continue your line of argument after it's been proved wrong - but take a minute to actually think it through and allow yourself to be more objective here.

Actually, the fact that he's the 6th stingiest defender on that list means you are completely wrong. You claimed that stats would prove you right, and instead they proved you completely wrong. It's natural human instinct to continue your line of argument after it's been proved wrong - but take a minute to actually think it through and allow yourself to be more objective here.
You cant be serious, its a small sample of 7 games, by your logic Zac Dawson is in legend status, you dont make sense and your stats just prove me right, It's natural human instinct to continue your line of argument after it's been proved wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hope you are listening to yourself, "since when has the ability to run all day" Classic

Are you going to debate with something resembling facts? Run all day is something you look for in a midfielder not necessarily a full back. Look who they are opposed to. Would you say Hawkins can run all day? Patton? Cloke? If you are saying he couldn't keep up with opponents then be more clear.

You cant be serious, its a small sample of 7 games, by your logic Zac Dawson is in legend status, you dont make sense and your stats just prove me right, It's natural human instinct to continue your line of argument after it's been proved wrong

Who is saying he is a legend of the game? Who is even saying he is the best full back we have had in the AFL era? Nobody. We are responding to your assertion that he was never even in the best 10 full backs in the league at any time.

Who is saying he is a legend of the game? Who is even saying he is the best full back we have had in the AFL era? Nobody. We are responding to your assertion that he was never even in the best 10 full backs in the league at any time.
he may have scrapped into the top 8 during his golden era of round 1-8 of 2014 but thats as good as it gets

That's what it is all about, having your name on the board. Not sure if it is fact or fiction, but didn't Craig Bradley consider playing a couple of games to get his name on the board?

Big Max James, what a legend he was!

That's bullshite - I cant even remember a bag of goals kicked on him. Was a dour defender who kept his man under wraps most of the time. We missed him this year. Underrated by so called supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back