News Carlton’s 2019 clash jumper fiasco

Remove this Banner Ad

To me this seems obvious that the decision to release details of a white clash jumper has only been made in the last few days since that grey/orange leak was released. There is every chance that not a single physical white clash jumper exists at this stage.
It's pretty cool how we broke it on here and that started a chain reaction to have it changed

Sort of wish we didn't because I would have loved to see the Orange/Grey used for a laugh

I went into that F1 shop yesterday and I could not see the jumper anyway. Few other young lads were in there rifling through stuff, was it any of you lot? But yeah, I reckon that Carlton 'leak' was bullshit – there was so much pixelation and it looked like the AFL logo had a big square around it. Also, why just take one photo?

Also, in the basement part they had footy shorts with the old AFL logo down the side. Made by Fila. Probably Geelong ones. And they had about 200 pairs. Weird weird s**t.

To me this seems obvious that the decision to release details of a white clash jumper has only been made in the last few days since that grey/orange leak was released. There is every chance that not a single physical white clash jumper exists at this stage.

Which would explain why the image that was released last night looks so dodgy. Have a look at the shoulder - when zooming in you can still see the 'wolf grey'

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 1.50.35 pm.png

I went into that F1 shop yesterday and I could not see the jumper anyway. Few other young lads were in there rifling through stuff, was it any of you lot? But yeah, I reckon that Carlton 'leak' was bullshit – there was so much pixelation and it looked like the AFL logo had a big square around it. Also, why just take one photo?

Also, in the basement part they had footy shorts with the old AFL logo down the side. Made by Fila. Probably Geelong ones. And they had about 200 pairs. Weird weird s**t.
Any saints shorts or socks that you noticed?

Wow I don't want to think that I was the cause of something like this but it's certainly possible

It was Nato who took the photo of me holding it. It was literally there because we took it. Cody also bought the jumper IIRC.
BigFooty's compression makes the quality shite. Nato reuploaded the photo in original quality on this thread.

It's not bullshit as we've stated multiple times. At least 4 people on this board have seen it their own eyes and as for taking one photo, well, why take anymore? There was nothing on the back it was just the front which had anything of relevance. Just read the past few pages on the new jumpers for 2019 thread to save me some time.

It's not bullshit as we've stated multiple times. At least 4 people on this board have seen it their own eyes and as for taking one photo, well, why take anymore? There was nothing on the back it was just the front which had anything of relevance. Just read the past few pages on the new jumpers for 2019 thread to save me some time.
There's been bands of 2-3 people all riling up the board on here before.

If someone owns it, why not upload another photo?

As I said I went in and couldn't see any anywhere.

Cody_ isn't mates with the two pies who took the pic, and went to the store primarily to see if they were full of s**t.

Cody has form here being a non troll, so I'm willing to back him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think for a sec, why would they keep up a bunch of jerseys which they were advertising as '2019 clash jumpers' when the official ones have actually been released?

Also, why would I got out of my way to go into the city, go to a random shop, find a Carlton clash jumper, take a photo, go on photoshop and put an orange stroke around it (have no clue how someone could possibly do this without making it look so obviously fake) and post it on here... all for the lols? Yep you caught me.

Surprised that this hasn't sprung a mention in here yet:

eddiebetts.jpg

I'm pretty sure it doubled as a promo jumper for Livestrong and as a clash jumper because it was worn against Freo. You've got to give credit to Carlton, they've experimented with different colours as the base for their jumper on more than one occasion and worn all the backlash that comes with it

And I just noticed another oversight in the quick mockup of the new clash jumper. The swoosh remained blue (obviously forgotten about in the haste to get the image out there), although expect it to be orange (in line with the already seen merchandise and the home jumper)

curnowwhitejumper1024.jpg

Surprised that this hasn't sprung a mention in here yet:

eddiebetts.jpg

I'm pretty sure it doubled as a promo jumper for Livestrong and as a clash jumper because it was worn against Freo. You've got to give credit to Carlton, they've experimented with different colours as the base for their jumper on more than one occasion and worn all the backlash that comes with it
I guess that's because you can only do so much with just a navy blue jumper with your logo in the middle. I actually liked the yellow one when it came out. Use to put Carlton in it everytime I would play AFL Premiership 2007.

And I just noticed another oversight in the quick mockup of the new clash jumper. The swoosh remained blue (obviously forgotten about in the haste to get the image out there), although expect it to be orange (in line with the already seen merchandise and the home jumper)

curnowwhitejumper1024.jpg
Maybe it genuinely will be blue? Where has the home jumper been posted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back