News Carlton’s 2019 clash jumper fiasco

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Mods can lock this thread until next season, but in the meantime....

NO.
NO NO.
NO.
Well it's official, after years of trading in their players we are becoming the Giants as next seasons clash junior is the same wolf grey of this year but with orange... Not sure how much orange or if the CFC will be orange but lock it in.

Couldn't be bothered looking for the rumour thread but anyway it's a fact.
Nike, you can piss off and leave us alone if true.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Nah look I'm for it.

Carlton are the one club who could run out in any colour and look quintessentially Carlton because the monogram is so iconic.

Bring on fluro colours IMO

Training gear is already in orange for this season.

579954.jpg

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Nah look I'm for it.

Carlton are the one club who could run out in any colour and look quintessentially Carlton because the monogram is so iconic.

Bring on fluro colours IMO
Any other colour than the one colour a team bases its whole branding on...

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
For anyone questioning the validity of the source:
I'm a retail buyer in the sporting goods industry. Check my history on these clash jumpers. Broke the Livestrong yellow first as well.
Orange is the corporate color of their swoosh so it's no surprise they like using it where possible.

Seeing as the colour description lists wolf grey first and then total orange my guess is that it will be grey all.over with either an orange CFC or maybe a navy CFC but with orange panels somewhere...

Matt_TY

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2003
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Never understand why you guys didn’t reintroduce yellow from the original jersey for the clash. Having said that, white clash was great I thought
It was actually supposed to be white, but they just achieved it by using chamois, meaning it yellowed when it got wet. It would be fun to see Carlton strap some car shammies to their shoulders though.

Timewaster

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Fake news. No way in hell. There'd be a massive fan backlash that would probably see the board fall.

TBH I'd be surprised if the stupid grey experiment lasts into 2019. We'll be back to navy and white as God intended...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Swear I’ve seen Carlton wear orange socks before too. I know their women did against Brisbane or Melbourne this year.
That was in support of 'Respect', a movement for violence against women, if I recall correctly.. But we have definitely dabbled in orange in recent years.

That was in support of 'Respect', a movement for violence against women, if I recall correctly.. But we have definitely dabbled in orange in recent years.
That’s what it was. At Princes Park there was a giant orange CFC there too that said Carlton Respect and I think I signed my Instagram handle on there.

Mods can lock this thread until next season, but in the meantime....

NO.
NO NO.
NO.

Nike, you can piss off and leave us alone if true.

First the grey thing now this

Its like they are trying to * it up on purpose

I honestly dont get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back