News Carlton’s 2019 clash jumper fiasco

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh, I actually like a team having an entirely different colour for their clash. It’s very soccer-like, as they often don’t care as much for traditional colours for away or third kits, and sometimes use them for more experimental colours or designs. I like the Suns use of blue in their clash, and although it is one of their offical and original colours, it is pretty much used solely for their clash and seperate from their ‘normal’ colours of red and yellow.

I don’t really know how I feel about Carlton using orange as a colour necessarily, but I do like that a club is thinking a bit outside the box.

Tbh, I actually like a team having an entirely different colour for their clash. It’s very soccer-like, as they often don’t care as much for traditional colours for away or third kits, and sometimes use them for more experimental colours or designs. I like the Suns use of blue in their clash, and although it is one of their offical and original colours, it is pretty much used solely for their clash and seperate from their ‘normal’ colours of red and yellow.

I don’t really know how I feel about Carlton using orange as a colour necessarily, but I do like that a club is thinking a bit outside the box.
Maybe they should think out the box and try and win

Wasn't sure where to post this but I figured this is the most relevant thread. Here is a rumour from the Carlton board about the 2019 jumpers.

Can confirm that there will be a "BLUEOUT 2" jumper for next season. Similar to last years one but with tonal navy bluestone brick print as the base if that makes sense. From a distance it might look like navy blue camo... Not as good as the original.

The indigenous jumper is pretty out there with plenty going on but actually looks good and is probably the best one yet in my humble opinion and at least the CFC is in the normal style.

There will also be long sleeve home jumper for those interested.

I wonder what Sturt fans think of Carlton copying their jumper. I suppose they're never going to see the Sturt jumper at the highest level again anyway, maybe they'd like it if Carlton wore it in Adelaide as an homage.

I wonder what Sturt fans think of Carlton copying their jumper. I suppose they're never going to see the Sturt jumper at the highest level again anyway, maybe they'd like it if Carlton wore it in Adelaide as an homage.
I don't really think there's any point wearing it as a homage to Sturt as the two clubs have no link. They're not in the same league, and Carlton only wore it as a clash, so I don't think any Sturt fan could get offended by it given many clubs wear the same jumper (e.g. Essendon, Perth, Westies)

They'd probably think: "Hey, that's pretty neat". And being a Sturt supporter is one of the reasons why I liked/bought the jumper in the first place. But wanting to paying homage to a club that only had minimal links to you is a bit of a far-fetched notion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole thing just seems bizarre.
Why orange?

Nike's last few years has surely been self-destruction and producing a (seemingly inevitable based on that tick) clash jumper is the final straw.
Someone on here said that the Australian CEO of Nike for years was a big Carlton man and after he left his replacement couldn't care less - that's why the quality has dropped so hard

This whole thing just seems bizarre.
Why orange?

Nike's last few years has surely been self-destruction and producing a (seemingly inevitable based on that tick) clash jumper is the final straw.
Would imagine it's simply a "highlight colour" similar to Adidas and England's ODI kit a few years back.

Adidas-Climacool-England-Cricket-Brit-Insurance-Shirt-Uk.jpg

You have to wonder who at Carlton would have approved this in the first place, given how everyone (publicly at least) has been saying they only want us to wear navy and white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back