Official Club Stuff Carlton 2013 Annual Report & AGM Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice of them to pick a game we will likely lose.

A short term history on this topic suggests as much.
Every game next year is a marquee game... the AFL came along and told us we had to pick a week or they would pick one for us.

Interesting as well that they picked a game against a side that wasnt even one of the founding VFL clubs for the game.

The Hawthorn game is one of their member replacement games to make up for their Tassie games. Should help with the crowd numbers a bit.

From the AGM for those who missed it

Carlton FC@CarltonFC 6h
  • President Stephen Kernahan has officially opened Carlton's AGM, and announced Richard Newton is stepping down from the Board.
  • Kernahan: off-field the Club is running well, on-field we need to get better. I think Mick can pull something together for us
  • The returning officer has confirmed Richard Newton will not be replaced, so the Club will have 12 Directors going forward.
  • Stephen Kernahan has thanked Richard Newton for his contribution to the Club. He has served as Vice President for three years
  • Members have paused to pay tribute to those who have passed away this year. Sadly it's a lengthy list
  • Matthew Kreuzer has taken the stage and says pre-season training back at Visy Park has been tough going
  • Lachie Henderson's up now: "It was good to get a full year in with no injuries...I played every game which was great.
  • 15 members are being recognised with Certificates of Appreciation for more than 80 years of loyalty to the Club. Massive effort!
  • Congratulations to Carlton's longest serving staffer, GM-Operations Martin Shannon, who has been made a Life Member of the Club
  • Carlton's longest serving member 98-year-old Myer Brott has also been made a Life Member. He has been a Carlton member for 87 years
  • And the final new Life Member for the evening... Captain @marcmurphy3!! Congrats to the skipper.
  • Chris Judd on stage after presenting the awards: We're focused on improving and I think that's what we'll do this year.
  • Members have voted in favour of changing the Club's constitution to allow Interstate & Country adult members to vote
  • Members told a pop-up Social Club & Blue Class Cinema are some of the exciting things in the pipeline for the Club's 150th year.
  • Round 13 v Hawthorn next season has been announced as the marquee game to celebrate our 150th year.
  • A member has raised the idea of having a statue of Stephen Kernahan erected at Visy Park. Resounding applause
  • Sticks seems less keen on the statue idea, but has thanked members for their sentiment.
Carlton FC@CarltonFC 5h
To recap: 3 new Life Members inc captain Marc Murphy, while Interstate & Country adult members have voting rights. #CFCAGM over and out.

Fantastic to see this bloke get recognised as a life member. Been working at the club during the halcyon years and during the time they nearly handed the keys in. Awesome bloke and one of those behind the scenes people at a footy club who rarely get recognised! :thumbsu:

love the class of sticks to wish eddie all the best at the 25 min mark, heart felt well wishing. shame others cannot follow his example from other clubs

It's a lot easier to praise a player who doesn't kill puppies as part of their preseason training program.

love the class of sticks to wish eddie all the best at the 25 min mark, heart felt well wishing. shame others cannot follow his example from other clubs

I've got a feeling we encouraged Eddie to move on. I'm sure he would have stayed with us for less, but there's no points having him on 350-400k (as good as he is) when we are already well stocked in the small forward area. The money will be better spent on daisy who is midfield class which you can never have too much of.

May as well be happy for Eddie to take the 500k and hopefully keep them away from Gibbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't complain about the cricket really... got home last Friday to the comment 'Let us not discuss the cricket'

After enduring a couple of months of chat from the boys back in the UK about how Australia was just going to fold up and blow away when the poms got out there... I found the weekend rather strange in that no one wanted to discuss the Ashes with me ;)

Can't complain about the cricket really... got home last Friday to the comment 'Let us not discuss the cricket'

After enduring a couple of months of chat from the boys back in the UK about how Australia was just going to fold up and blow away when the poms got out there... I found the weekend rather strange in that no one wanted to discuss the Ashes with me ;)

to be fair, im not sure many predicted Johnson would do what he did

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/australian-cricket-thread-no-3.889598/page-27#post-31251469

Does anyone else find it curious that Murphy has been made a life member? I have been involved in sporting clubs since I was a kid. I tell you at most local sports organisations it takes much moe than being drafted to a club, playing for it and staying there.

Frankly I am a little disappointed by it

Does anyone else find it curious that Murphy has been made a life member? I have been involved in sporting clubs since I was a kid. I tell you at most local sports organisations it takes much moe than being drafted to a club, playing for it and staying there.

Frankly I am a little disappointed by it

If you are on the playing list for 8 years you become a life member. Been the policy at the club for ages.

Fair enough I would have thought. Not too many players manage to stay on a list for 8 years.

Yes, it takes far too long for many volunteers to be given life memberships, that is not the players fault though. The club needs to start giving them out before people hit 85. Seeing Martin Shannon given a life membership was a good start but he is staff. If he was a volunteer he would have had to be at the club for 50 years.

If you are on the playing list for 8 years you become a life member. Been the policy at the club for ages.

Fair enough I would have thought. Not too many players manage to stay on a list for 8 years.

Yes, it takes far too long for many volunteers to be given life memberships, that is not the players fault though. The club needs to start giving them out before people hit 85. Seeing Martin Shannon given a life membership was a good start but he is staff. If he was a volunteer he would have had to be at the club for 50 years.

Exactly right. It's part of the clubs constitution. After 8 years on the list you become a life member. Heck, we even gave it to Russell last year after he went to Collingwood. Sadly it doesn't stop players from leaving either - see Betts. Walker got his in 2011. Gibbs will get it at end of next year (even if he leaves :p).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back