Opinion Carlton 2018 Indigenous Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Dk0OoyRl.jpg

This was such a nice design I think it's tough to match it.

So do I..........and anything is better than that crappy grey (longjohn underwear like) clash jumper Carlton has been wearing this season.......no wonder the team has been looking so bereft of confidence having to play in that outfit !!! At least this jumper has our colours on it............:(

I was down in Geelong last week. Was expecting the horrid clash strip. To my pleasant surprise we came out in dark navy blue gear.

Dk0OoyRl.jpg

This was such a nice design I think it's tough to match it.
I’d prefer to see the CFC logo a part of indigenous art.
Meaning club truly embraces heritage.
By that’s just me
Like have digeridoo,s spears, etc.
that I’d like to see

So do I..........and anything is better than that crappy grey (longjohn underwear like) clash jumper Carlton has been wearing this season.......no wonder the team has been looking so bereft of confidence having to play in that outfit !!! At least this jumper has our colours on it............:(
I thought the wolf grey jumper looked ok in the initial publicity photos just looked crappy when i saw the team run out wearing it.

However, the indigenous jumper is fugly from the get-go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Busy seems to be the name of the game this year. Just had a look through all the other club versions, and there are only a handful that I actually like.

Adelaide's is cool - more so because the colours contrast and work really well together.
Collingwood, Gold Coast and St Kilda have kept theirs nice and subtle, with a very clean look.
NM and Richmond are a bit more overt, without covering the guernsey with filler.

A bunch of cluttered messes.

Then you've got the worst of the bunch...

Hawthorn appear to have some Dessert Totem Poles on theirs, and the Bulldogs opted for a metro train map.

Uninspiring year for it - hope that most clubs try to clean things up next year.

I really like it, even more so after seeing images of the past ones (which I also really liked at the time).

Look a bit harder at the detail and consider the representations - might do the trick!

Im a fan. I dig how the scar tree is prominent and gives a bit of wider exposure to other artefacts besides the more commonly known items. Scar trees have deep significance and often rural Aboriginal orgs have special sites located where they are (or even ship them in!).

I havent had a chance to look at the vid by the artist, but my interpretation of it being on the jumper is that it sort of says the club is a culturally safe space for Aboriginal players and workers.

So Im a big fan of it. But Im very ******* disappointed the club isnt selling any of the design in kids sizes. Were the only club only selling in adult sizes. Im not the type to wear a jumper to games but my kids are and they wouldve worn this all year (they love it too). Not happy Jan.

Looked a lot better last night then the initial photos, its grown on me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same … looked better in the flesh so to speak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back