Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lance is 192cm then Dane would be tracking around 198cm. Good height for a KPD.

Anyone know his abilities (football and athletic) and does he have a football brain like his old man? How old is he now and what's the likelihood when he gets on the chicken fillet drip he adds some more height?........and hopefully not too many kilos...........like his old man.
As noted previously, he is on the Calder Cannons' list but has yet to get a game with them so far this season.

In his debut game for Craigieburn at the weekend he didn't trouble the scorers or get named in the best players. It probably didn't help that Craigieburn were smashed by Pascoe Vale with Matty Watson kicking 8 goals for PV.

One can only hope that as a tall he is a late developer, because if he is not getting a game with the Cannons already, he just may not have the ability to make the step up to elite level.

Lance and son Dane.

180180404_10225643040681023_6970586013367029981_n.jpg
Lance was 190cm so young Dane looks around the 195cm plus already...

If Lance is 192cm then Dane would be tracking around 198cm. Good height for a KPD.

Anyone know his abilities (football and athletic) and does he have a football brain like his old man? How old is he now and what's the likelihood when he gets on the chicken fillet drip he adds some more height?........and hopefully not too many kilos...........like his old man.
Holy crap... if Dane is 198, then the Asian lad I am trying to find out about has to be around 201cm in that picture I shared a while back. Ruckman territory I think.

As noted previously, he is on the Calder Cannons' list but has yet to get a game with them so far this season.

In his debut game for Craigieburn at the weekend he didn't trouble the scorers or get named in the best players. It probably didn't help that Craigieburn were smashed by Pascoe Vale with Matty Watson kicking 8 goals for PV.
One can only hope that as a tall he is a late developer, because if he is not getting a game with the Cannons already, he just may not have the ability to make the step up to elite level.

Craigieburn are terrible in the premier division of the EDFL, if he’s playing forward then he hasn’t got much hope.
If he’s playing back then I feel for him

Played 4 games, lost them all with a % of 22

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Craigieburn are terrible in the premier division of the EDFL, if he’s playing forward then he hasn’t got much hope.
If he’s playing back then I feel for him

Played 4 games, lost them all with a % of 22

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In all seriousness, if Whitnal was any good, he wouldn’t be playing there would he? If you are pushing to make the Cannons and the AFL, you don’t stay at the poorest club.

In all seriousness, if Whitnal was any good, he wouldn’t be playing there would he? If you are pushing to make the Cannons and the AFL, you don’t stay at the poorest club.
Lance is senior coach there & by staying at his club he gets to have a starring role rather than being one of many guns at an Aberfeldie or Keilor.

Lance is senior coach there & by staying at his club he gets to have a starring role rather than being one of many guns at an Aberfeldie or Keilor.

We aren’t talking local footy guns here though, we are talking about a player wanting to play AFL, if he’s not in the top players at the top clubs, he’s unlikely to be AFL standard.
The simple fact that he isn’t getting a game at the Cannons is a pretty fair indication of where he is at.

We aren’t talking local footy guns here though, we are talking about a player wanting to play AFL, if he’s not in the top players at the top clubs, he’s unlikely to be AFL standard.
The simple fact that he isn’t getting a game at the Cannons is a pretty fair indication of where he is at.

Highly doubtful, but we could be hiding him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie McKay named for Vic Metro in this weekend's Colgate Young Guns match at Werribee on Saturday afternoon.

Dom Akuei named in the same side.

Will be just our luck if he dominates and is taken in a few weeks...

Wonder if we'd consider taking Dom ourselves.

Don't think there are many mature age prospects that we'd be looking to for immediate impact, so if we think Akuei might be a chance to go top 20 in the national draft then we could just lock him away as a long term project now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back