Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone know...
Have Charlie McKay or Dom Akuei nominated for the MSD?
Or are they waiting for us to pick them via FS and NGA in national draft?
They weren't in the first list of 300 players who had nominated. There has been another 200 names added to the nominations, but I haven't see the full list of this latter 200.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Charlie McKay consistent contributor today. Stand in captain.
It was good to see him in at many centre bounces today. Also good to see he wasn't sagging off the contests as much as he was doing earlier in the season. He also looked to be covering more ground today.

Charlie is making steady progress & was named in the best players again.

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
McKay has nominated.

I don't believe Akuei's name was on the second list of nominations, so he hasn't nominated unless he was there in the first batch, but can't recall seeing him there.
That's probably a good sign regarding Akuei and, although McKay is talented, we probably have priorities elsewhere and arguably can't guarantee we'd match any bids for him in the national draft.

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
The Sudanese look ridiculously suited to AFL athletic fast skilled now a generation grown into the game if our academy isn’t looking to tap and encourage this well of talent we are behind the 8 ball.
Forget the Irish when we have such talent at our door step
True, but I'll be even more convinced when they produce a genuine key forward rather than all these backmen and wannabe ruckmen. ;)

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
True, but I'll be even more convinced when they produce a genuine key forward rather than all these backmen and wannabe ruckmen. ;)
It’ll happen guaranteed as they get more role models mates to aspire too.
The pathways are opening a tall athletic michael Jordan will come through 5,10,15 years there’s a kid out there who will chose AFL over basketball and set the game alight.There have been a lot of immigrant super stars I don’t think it will be long be long before we get an Aussie African super star

McKay has nominated.

I don't believe Akuei's name was on the second list of nominations, so he hasn't nominated unless he was there in the first batch, but can't recall seeing him there.
I haven't actually seen McKay's name on the full list that was published on Foxsports.

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
McKay has nominated.

I haven't actually seen McKay's name on the full list that was published on Foxsports.
There is a Charlie McKay nominated, just not sure it is "our" Charlie McKay, club listed as Old Melburnians, doesn't sound right.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
McKay has nominated.

Akuei wasn't in the first batch.

McKay's 37 disposal game yesterday would have caught the eye of recruiters. Potentially there might only be 15 or so players drafted in the MSD, so he could well make it through to the National Draft.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Akuei wasn't in the first batch.

McKay's 37 disposal game yesterday would have caught the eye of recruiters. Potentially there might only be 15 or so players drafted in the MSD, so he could well make it through to the National Draft.
There is a Charlie McKay nominated, just not sure it is "our" Charlie McKay, club listed as Old Melburnians, doesn't sound right.

PezzDogg95

Debutant
Aug 28, 2013
Princes Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Charlie McKay went to Melbourne Grammar, graduated last year so is listed to Old Melburnians FC in the VAFA but plays as an overager at Sandringham in the NAB League.

Back