Carlton AFLW Signings and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Not me. It was Jimmae's lineup.

She would be in my team.
Sorry, quoted wrong post. Reckon Good is going to become a very valuable player. Will work well forward, but think she will release Moody for more forward minutes. We will be asking Tayla who with Bre coming out of the square for decent minutes.

if we can get some decent service from McWilliams, we may just enhance our forward line. Get Walker back a couple of games in offsets Gee considerably. Velardo has me optimistic and Ortlepp likely to liven things up, albeit in her first year. Those basketball highlights are impressive. Has the profile to make a swift transition.

Will be interesting where they use Kez. Thinking they may just empower the young mids with a bit of grunt from O’Dea. Will be a much more mobile midfield. There is no better player than Hill in the competition and she is Walshy levels driven. Guerrin looked great at the back of last year. Sherar in particular and Vickers showed plenty. McKay need a little more awareness, but is an excellent extractor. Then there is Lucy McEvoy who could not really co-exist in the midfield with M.P..

I think we will be better balanced and I expect a couple of the youngsters to thrive on the responsibility. We are all dirty at getting f.a. compo for the defectors, but for mine we will not go backwards.

Sorry, quoted wrong post. Reckon Good is going to become a very valuable player. Will work well forward, but think she will release Moody for more forward minutes. We will be asking Tayla who with Bre coming out of the square for decent minutes.

if we can get some decent service from McWilliams, we may just enhance our forward line. Get Walker back a couple of games in offsets Gee considerably. Velardo has me optimistic and Ortlepp likely to liven things up, albeit in her first year. Those basketball highlights are impressive. Has the profile to make a swift transition.

Will be interesting where they use Kez. Thinking they may just empower the young mids with a bit of grunt from O’Dea. Will be a much more mobile midfield. There is no better player than Hill in the competition and she is Walshy levels driven. Guerrin looked great at the back of last year. Sherar in particular and Vickers showed plenty. McKay need a little more awareness, but is an excellent extractor. Then there is Lucy McEvoy who could not really co-exist in the midfield with M.P..

I think we will be better balanced and I expect a couple of the youngsters to thrive on the responsibility. We are all dirty at getting f.a. compo for the defectors, but for mine we will not go backwards.
I've got Gibbs (187) up forward along with McWiliams (179), then Velardo (176) and Ortlepp (180) on the bench, and even Peterson (173) could pinch hit.

Moody + Gibbs + Ortlepp is the play in the line-up I've given, we lose nothing up forward while Moody is spelled, and we don't waste Moody there as a deep forward, which she has historically struggled with because of her pace off the mark.

******* sick of seeing Carlton teams with bizarre 2-ruck combos. Two people down on the field and you want less runners again? Hard pass.

I've got Gibbs (187) up forward along with McWiliams (179), then Velardo (176) and Ortlepp (180) on the bench, and even Peterson (173) could pinch hit.

Moody + Gibbs + Ortlepp is the play in the line-up I've given, we lose nothing up forward while Moody is spelled, and we don't waste Moody there as a deep forward, which she has historically struggled with because of her pace off the mark.

******* sick of seeing Carlton teams with bizarre 2-ruck combos. Two people down on the field and you want less runners again? Hard pass.
Sorry mate, but to lambast the thought of a two ruck combo is just so far off. Both girls can and will contribute forward. AFLW structure is closer to footy 20 to 40 years ago than AFL. How you can be so dogmatic on your personal perceptions remains beyond me.

Sorry mate, but to lambast the thought of a two ruck combo is just so far off. Both girls can and will contribute forward. AFLW structure is closer to footy 20 to 40 years ago than AFL. How you can be so dogmatic on your personal perceptions remains beyond me.
I'd argue you're out by almost a decade on the minimum value, but the only reason it's not evolving faster is because people keep saying that and undermine the confidence of the players.

Two-ruck setups when neither ruck is a remotely good forward is park football crap.

Gotta love people deciding that a player who's made a grand total of about 10 AFL appearances - across all competitions - is not "remotely good" at something. Way to show support for the players and the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back