Carlton AFLW/VFLW Media, Training Reports, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Devo. She's a real heart and soul player who has played every game. I loved her attack on the footy.

On the plus side, Elise O’Dea would be a very handy pick up if that deal gets done.

That really sucks. Would not have picked Sarah to leave. Has consistently been in the leadership group from quite early on too.

Granted, if O’Dea (and possibly Maddy Guerin too, as suggested in the article) are coming to us, we would have had to give something decent up in return anyway.

At least we still have Jess, right??

Not a fan of it, but frankly she did under-perform for a senior mid. Endurance was a concern at times, and just didn't get to the right spots often enough outside of the stoppages.

If this allows us to get into the top 5 of the draft, secure a genuine outside mid, or get a key defender and put Harrington into the stoppages, I'm all for it.

It's a real shame as she seemed a heart and soul player and was the face of our club for a lot of the time.

In saying that I understand that the money available to women in the AFLW is pretty low so if she can get more cash and potentially better opportunities outside of football then I can't blame her.

Glad Jess is staying

Not a fan of it, but frankly she did under-perform for a senior mid. Endurance was a concern at times, and just didn't get to the right spots often enough outside of the stoppages.

If this allows us to get into the top 5 of the draft, secure a genuine outside mid, or get a key defender and put Harrington into the stoppages, I'm all for it.
Pick 15 would be 8th in Melbourne region
Pick 17 would be 9th pick.

So we'd potentially have 6th (pick 12), 8th (pick 17) and 14th (pick 28) picks in Melbourne region.

I'd be trying to trade with say Adelaide or Gold coast to move up the order. This won't disadvantage those sides because of drafting zones.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back