Carlton AFLW/VFLW Media, Training Reports, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a great look for her, asking for such a payrise off a poor season.

Yeah, she was carrying an injury and didn't kick much this year due to it, but a 4 goal season? maybe play next season, put in a good performance that demands a payrise.

Oh well, hoping we get a good deal, we gave up two players for her originally.

Not a great look for her, asking for such a payrise off a poor season.

Yeah, she was carrying an injury and didn't kick much this year due to it, but a 4 goal season? maybe play next season, put in a good performance that demands a payrise.

Oh well, hoping we get a good deal, we gave up two players for her originally.
Including our inaugural captain Lauren Arnell but she has a flag now so think she would be happy .

I think Tayla has got a little to big for herself. There are a lot of players in front of Harris that probably could get nearly that much Phillips from Adelaide comes to mine. Can any club afford her or would want to pay that much? Obviously money is more important than playing for a club.

Including our inaugural captain Lauren Arnell but she has a flag now so think she would be happy .
Harris was traded for Exon and Ayre, who each lasted two years at Brisbane before leaving as a free agent and retiring respectively. As it turned out, there hasn't been a more lopsided trade in the league's short history.

The Arnell trade was the following season, in exchange for pick 40 which was used on Watt who left Carlton as a free agent after one year.

There are a lot of players in front of Harris that probably could get nearly that much Phillips from Adelaide comes to mine.
Most of those players are already getting that much. As for those who could, that includes the only other 3x All-Australian under the age of 25 in Marinoff (currently weighing up a $150k offer from St Kilda).

And with Davey ($100k) gone and Harris ($80k, bumped up from $50k after Davey left) on her way, the pertinent question might be: is there now a stack of cash lying around to recruit a top player, or is it getting diverted to retain a top player?

Harris was traded for Exon and Ayre, who each lasted two years at Brisbane before leaving as a free agent and retiring respectively. As it turned out, there hasn't been a more lopsided trade in the league's short history.

The Arnell trade was the following season, in exchange for pick 40 which was used on Watt who left Carlton as a free agent after one year.

We essentially were made to trade Jakobsson as part of it too, if I remember correctly? Though the pick we got from the Demons netted us Georgia Gee so didn’t turn out so bad.

We essentially were made to trade Jakobsson as part of it too, if I remember correctly? Though the pick we got from the Demons netted us Georgia Gee so didn’t turn out so bad.
Seemed more like a condition on Jakobsson's behalf. In her own words: "There was a spot for me at Carlton if I wanted it... I guess with Tayla coming over, being a key forward, I felt that I slotted really well into Melbourne."

Doesn't quite stack up with reality though because she's rarely ventured out of the back-half at two different clubs since.

The other part of the equation concerning Jakobsson was that she was the initial player Brisbane wanted to trade Harris for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This site follow the girls pretty closely and actually watch a fair amount of games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back