Carlton AFLW/VFLW Media, Training Reports, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Message from the coach, the video explains most of it, the text has a few additions like a link to the membership site etc

Alternate text

Hi all,

It is fantastic to be able to check in with you again as our Game Changers get back to business in preparation for an exciting 2022.

With pre-season now officially underway, there is no better place our players, coaches and staff would rather be than our beautiful home of IKON Park – especially with these unbelievable new facilities now that Stage 1 of the redevelopment is complete.

We’ve got a few new faces around with Jess Dal Pos bringing experience and class with her from GWS, Jess Good has come across from South Australia, while our draftees Annie Lee, Keeley Sherar, Brooke Vickers and Imogen Milford have injected some great energy into the group.

You may have seen we’ve also welcomed back a familiar face with Shaun Hampson joining us as our ruck coach – we are rapt to have the big man on board!

For the last couple of weeks as our players have completed their induction, one thing has been clear from the moment they walked back through the doors of this place – not only are they ready to work, but they are ready to work for each other.

A break can do wonders for a football team, absence can in a strange way bring you closer together and we certainly feel that amongst this group right now.

There is this collective resolve to build something special over the next five months and we absolutely want you to be part of this ride with us, every step of the way.

In 2022, we’re not out to prove people wrong or atone for what happened last year – that is old news in our eyes.

We’re out to make you, our members, proud to support our great club.

That comes from how we conduct ourselves as Carlton people off the field and the pride in which we represent that Navy Blue guernsey each and every time our players pull it on.

Those famous words from Mike Fitzpatrick ring incredibly true; because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.

It is a privilege to have the responsibility to represent this football club and I’m sure you would agree, it is an extremely exciting time to be a ‘Bagger right now.

We can’t wait to get to work. Round 1 in early January cannot come quick enough.

If you would like to show your support, the best thing you can do is purchase an AFLW membership.

There are a range of packages to choose from, and all proceeds go directly towards our football program. Click here to view the Club’s AFLW membership options and support our Game Changers in 2022.

Thank you so much for all the support, stay safe, and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible down at IKON Park this season.

Go Blues,

Daniel Harford

AFLW Senior Coach
Member ID: 4284315

Last edited by a moderator:

Quietly love seeing Diesel out there doing skills with the girls.

Was just gonna post the same thing. You'd think if anyone can help fast-track the skill improvement of the team, it would be him. Hopefully both the women's and men's teams are soaking in as much knowledge as they can. Can't remember too many who were better dual-sided players than Diesel.

Starting to see some more players look like full-time athletes... promising.
Charlotte Wilson seems to be making the most of her time in the gym. I don't think upper body strength is going to be an issue for her :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
From a playing point of view, she was going to be playing a crucial role with the departure of Harris and Downie. I imagine Milford will have an opportunity for a major role in the forward line now.

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I had noticed that she didn’t appear to be training with the squad. All the best for your recovery Gibba, mental health is just as important as physical 💙

A shame, hopefully the absence isn't too long and she recovers well, we need her as a ruck after Al Downie was delisted.
From a playing point of view, she was going to be playing a crucial role with the departure of Harris and Downie. I imagine Milford will have an opportunity for a major role in the forward line now.

We also recruited Jess Good as a backup ruck so should be covered, not sure if she’ll rest forward or back but I imagine she’s right in the mix now as well. Particularly as Harf singled her out in the presser as having a big impact on the group already.

Paige Trudgeon another option, though she may be a bit more depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back