Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't. It screams a lot of things other than the scandal in the 90s as I keep explaining and you keep ignoring.
No, i'm not ignoring it, but if you can show us some evidence that it in any way is increasing our onfield performances, that would be great.

On the other hand, the evidence is there, since Carlton were penalised for CHEATING, 0 flags and 5 spoons, the most for any club in the AFL era.

Hey mate, just putting a little perspective on the subject, 16>15 remember, as you like bringing up history, I just thought people like to here about how it came about.
Yep our 16 premierships are all due to salary cap breaches. Gosh sounds like a mighty big accusation with no evidence whatsover. Anyway if making up stuff is the only way you can deal with Carlton being the equal most successful club in the history of the VFL/AFL then that's fine. The delusion of some Collingwood supporters never ceases to amaze me

No, i'm not ignoring it, but if you can show us some evidence that it in any way is increasing our onfield performances, that would be great.

On the other hand, the evidence is there, since Carlton were penalised for CHEATING, 0 flags and 5 spoons, the most for any club in the AFL era.
You are ignoring it. It is clear that the on field performances have improved in the last couple of years. And off field the club is in a much better situation then it has been since the scandal. The club has moved on and as Ive said we look forward to hopefully some real success in the near future.

Yep our 16 premierships are all due to salary cap breaches. Gosh sounds like a mighty big accusation with no evidence whatsover. Anyway if making up stuff is the only way you can deal with Carlton being the equal most succeasful club in the history of the VFL/AFL then that's fine. The delusion of some Collingwood supporters never ceases to amaze me
I like the bit about no evidence whatsoever, did you have your head in the sand when you got caught and penalised for CHEATING?

That's evidence mate, since then 0 flags and 5 spoons.

I like the bit about no evidence whatsoever, did you have your head in the sand when you got caught and penalised for CHEATING?

That's evidence mate, since then 0 flags and 5 spoons.
You have a real habit of not reading my entire post. You said you were giving perspective behind our 16 GF wins. Find me the evidence that shows that these premierships were all due to us cheating.

You are ignoring it. It is clear that the on field performances have improved in the last couple of years. And off field the club is in a much better situation then it has been since the scandal. The club has moved on and as Ive said we look forward to hopefully some real success in the near future.
Mate sooner or later you are going to come good.
That does not change the fact that since you got caught and penalised for CHEATING, you have won 0 flags and 5 spoons, the most for any club in the AFL era.

Bang, it all just dried up.

You have a real habit of not reading my entire post. You said you were giving perspective behind our 16 GF wins. Find me the evidence that shows that these premierships were all due to us cheating.
Because they just dried up, bang, the time period, everything just screams of CHEATS, and there is evidence there to go on.

Doesn't prove it, but it's there for everyone to see.

When I talk "past" it is current.

The past is current? Interesting. I am sure i addressed your so called analysis 12 months ago, but perhaps you have forgotten.

ImHO - botched drafts and poor trading in the last 6-7 years does have an impact on playing list and potential 2023 performance

Hold on, I will address this a little later, just as I did last preseason

On-field performance failures in H&A games when Carlton needed to show something points to a mentally fragile group of players, who still have a losing culture. Another potential impact on 2023 performance.

Another that thinks they have an incite into a player or teams mental capacity and using it as analysis. But lets say that's the case, how do you view losing 15 of the last 19 GFs, is that embedded mental fragility club wide?

What do the 1970s and you seeing 7 flags in the VFL days have to do with anything??

I think they are in all they history books, they have plenty of clout, and it's 8 flag to 2 I have witnessed

Yep, you have a mortgage on trolling about ancient history.

A boring old troll who, like Carlton, is just living off memories and is better ignored these days as they offer no value.

Wonderful memories too, enjoyed a rich history. And please, you talking about trolling?

Pies laugh at Carlton because they haven't won anything but spoons (they are bloody good at winning them) for 20 years.

There is that cherry picking timeframe again, most of us are older than our mid 20s. How would you assess both sets of supporters in their late 50s and what they have experienced

The AFL gives battlers best picks - Baggers given 6 top10s from 2015 to 2018 (including two #1s). Thankfully half of those 10 were busts and as a result of SOS' woeful trading (cloggers and injured hacks) the Blues list was shallow and way too reliant on the stars.

Failed top 10 picks, like Scharenberg, Freeman, Stephenson, 2 top 10 picks on Treloar, or trading out of the first round of 2021. Or maybe it was the 2 late first rounders for Beams to paint rather than play footy

The Blues arent a young team anymore - in 2023 Cripps 29, Doc 30, Saad 29, McGovern 29, Williams 29, J.Martin 28, Hewett 28, Acres 28, Weiterz 26, Curnow 26, McKay 25 even "kids" like TDK will be 24 - they are a win now team.

You must be using Ned Guy's abacus, many of those players don't reach that age until after the season. But for the exercise, we had the least number of 28+years olds, 4, compared to any side. Pies had 12 players in that age range. Next season, we have 9, still less than the Pies of 2022. 2023, we have 3 players 29+, Pies have 10

Really think we aren't a young side, especially compared to the Pies?
As a result of trading out recent first rounders, C.Durdin would be the best u22 by output on the list in 2023....not much coming through after Walsh that has shown anything special at AFL level.

I guess you don't even rate Motlop, but must rate Poulter and Henry that are no longer on your list 2 years later

So, this is the same "analysis" you used last preseason in a thread about Essendon and Carlton, where you stated Essendon would finish higher, we would only win, no more than 8 games and would be fighting to stay out of the bottom 4 along with the Dockers. Why would anyone listen to you about footy

So, same as last preseason, we can either have a balanced debate about the game or you can continue trolling, either way, I will respond in kind. Your choice

Because they just dried up, bang, the time period, everything just screams of CHEATS, and there is evidence there to go on.

Doesn't prove it, but it's there for everyone to see.
Yes evidence exists that our entire successful history is marred by a scandal in the 90s. Alright mate. Like I said delusional. Its like me crapping on all of Essendon's past success because of the drug scandal. Crazy stuff.

Yes evidence exists that our entire successful history is marred by a scandal in the 90s. Alright mate. Like I said delusional. Its like me crapping on all of Essendon's past success because of the drug scandal. Crazy stuff.
Let me explain all this for you.

This is a thread about who finishes higher, since this league has been the AFL Carlton have been the most disfunctional club in the league, when we say we will finish higher next year, your mates like to harp on about 16>15, spamming it you could say.

Since this has been the AFL, there is more chance Collingwood will finish higher, it might not happen but it does more often than not.

Now if you think that is talking about history, fine, bring up the 16>15 history, but don't get upset when I tell you a reason why you have been the most disfunctional club in the history of AFL.

Last 20 years have been the same as the first 100 odd years for the Pies?

You have won 4 flags in 80 years, less than third of your total flags

Over the same period you have lost 15 GFs

Worst record of any side
The pies won most of their flags back when their numbers 1 supporter John Wren was handing umpires and officials a bit of extra cash.

This is a thread about who finishes higher, since this league has been the AFL Carlton have been the most disfunctional club in the league, when we say we will finish higher next year, your mates like to harp on about 16>15, spamming it you could say.

Since this has been the AFL, there is more chance Collingwood will finish higher, it might not happen but it does more often than not.

Now if you think that is talking about history, fine, bring up the 16>15 history, but don't get upset when I tell you a reason why you have been the most disfunctional club in the history of AFL.
Mate don't change the subject now when you have hit a wall. If you think the Pies will finish higher just say it. Everything else regarding histories has clearly been banter - the past has nothing to do with 2023. Now if you are going to bring up histories and start disaparaging all of our successes because of a scandal in the 90s with no evidence you will be called out.

Mate don't change the subject now when you have hit a wall. If you think the Pies will finish higher just say it. Everything else regarding histories has clearly been banter - the past has nothing to do with 2023. Now if you are going to bring up histories and start disaparaging all of our successes because of a scandal in the 90s with no evidence you will be called out.
Hahaha, you think I am changing the subject.

You CHEATED got caught and since then 0 flags 5 spoons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You did change the subject as you started reverting to the thread title when you know full well the talk about histories is purely banter. Secondly you then went on to imply that our whole successful history is marred because of a scandal in the 90s with NO evidence. And just as a side note putting CHEATED in capital letts doesn't reinforce any point you are trying to make. Club stuffed up and we have now moved on

And let me explain it to you

This is about 2023, so none of the past matters, nor does it influence the future

So, as soon as you reach back to last year, or any other selective period, expect others to do the same

You got proof mate, if not piss off.

There is proof of you getting caught and penalised for CHEATING.

And since you got caught for CHEATING 0 flags and 5 spoons.

Interestingly enough, since John Wren passed away Collingwood have won 3 flags in 70 years.

Just a coincidence I am sure

You did change the subject as you started reverting to the thread title when you know full well the talk about histories is purely banter. Secondly you then went on to imply that our whole successful history is marred because of a scandal in the 90s with NO evidence.
There you go again with the NO evidence, it's all there documented, I could dig them up if you would like.

Interestingly enough, since John Wren passed away Collingwood have won 3 flags in 70 years.

Just a coincidence I am sure
That's your proof?

Can you explain why we still reach so many GF, then explain why your club hasn't even reached a GF since you got caught and penalised for CHEATING, and have since won 5 spoons, the most by any club in the history of the AFL?

That's where we got it wrong, Collo telling the boys to self report when Eddie was giving the boys jobs on TV and their partners jobs at Collingwood. Eddie and the Pies got away with murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back