Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really intrigued to see how this season pans out.
Both teams are full of talent & ready to explode.

The two Collingwood vs Carlton matches will be insane. 85k+ crowds & a fierce rivalry.

Bring it on!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Blues are starting to look a bit thin with Hewett out, think it's tipped in Geelong's favour now.

After that, it's the Giants in Sydney which looks a lot tougher than it did a week ago.

Blues could be 0-1-2 heading into an uncomfortable encounter with Clarkson's revitalised Kangaroos, Voss will be sweating and mumbling nutty stuff to himself.

Blues are starting to look a bit thin with Hewett out, think it's tipped in Geelong's favour now.

After that, it's the Giants in Sydney which looks a lot tougher than it did a week ago.

Blues could be 0-1-2 heading into an uncomfortable encounter with Clarkson's revitalised Kangaroos, Voss will be sweating and mumbling nutty stuff to himself.
Important out. Is he regarded as their 3rd, 4th or 5th best midfielder?

I've lost track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They do have five spoons, a Wizard Cup and a VFL elimination final win against Collingwood last year.

Oh, and they were also a kick from a Preliminary Final one year...

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
We despite all this, still have more flags than you do though. So yes i do suggest you follow your own advice, by putting that in your pipe and smoking it!

And your 12 Fadge?
If you watched teams other than Carlton, you'd be fully aware of the depth of players Collingwood have at their disposal to run through the midfield:

Pendlebury
Crisp
De Goey
Sidebottom
Adams
Mitchell
Lipinski
J. Daicos
N. Daicos
Maynard
Even Elliott on occasions has run through the midfield

With further depth players in the case of the inevitable injuries
Bianco
Macrae
Carmichael

So that's 11 from our core team with a further three developing players (at least, haven't seen enough of the 2022 recruits) as 'break in case of emergency'.

Depth and versatility, that's what you need in today's day and age to regularly contend.

We despite all this, still have more flags than you do though.
I notice you guys use this a lot and no doubt it helps you sleep at night but I can guarantee you it's not the gotcha you think it is.

I mean if you sample the football supporting population and asked them if they'd prefer to have supported Collingwood over Carlton in their lifetimes based on those clubs respective performances, the number of people who'd choose Carlton are dwindling by the day.

I had a little sample of what the Carlton folk have gone through over the past two decades when Collingwood were uncompetitive in the late 90's, and it wasn't terribly enjoyable.

But you guys keep rolling it out if it makes you feel better...

If you watched teams other than Carlton, you'd be fully aware of the depth of players Collingwood have at their disposal to run through the midfield:

Pendlebury
Crisp
De Goey
Sidebottom
Adams
Mitchell
Lipinski
J. Daicos
N. Daicos
Maynard
Even Elliott on occasions has run through the midfield

With further depth players in the case of the inevitable injuries
Bianco
Macrae
Carmichael

So that's 11 from our core team with a further three developing players (at least, haven't seen enough of the 2022 recruits) as 'break in case of emergency'.

Depth and versatility, that's what you need in today's day and age to regularly contend.
Carlton would have similar numbers if they also included wingers and flankers on the list

Pretty sure OP was just using the example of the preferred group of on ballers but I’m sure you knew that and just felt like being disingenuous

Carlton would have similar numbers if they also included wingers and flankers on the list

Pretty sure OP was just using the example of the preferred group of on ballers but I’m sure you knew that and just felt like being disingenuous
Nah, no you don't.

Those players I listed regularly have stints in the midfield, and are more than capable of doing that role as and when required.

Will be interested to see who runs through Carlton's midfield tonight...

I notice you guys use this a lot and no doubt it helps you sleep at night but I can guarantee you it's not the gotcha you think it is.

I mean if you sample the football supporting population and asked them if they'd prefer to have supported Collingwood over Carlton in their lifetimes based on those clubs respective performances, the number of people who'd choose Carlton are dwindling by the day.

I had a little sample of what the Carlton folk have gone through over the past two decades when Collingwood were uncompetitive in the late 90's, and it wasn't terribly enjoyable.

But you guys keep rolling it out if it makes you feel better...

Just the late 90s?

I see you keep using the word "contend" yet your side has delivered the same amount of flags as us over the last 3 decades

"But you keep rolling it out if it makes you feel better"

Nah, no you don't.

Those players I listed regularly have stints in the midfield, and are more than capable of doing that role as and when required.

Cripps
Walsh
Hewitt
Kennedy
Cerra
Docherty
Ed Curnow
Fisher
Martin
Dow
Williams
Cuningham
Fogarty
Developing: Hollands, Carroll,

it's a pretty similar list - all regularly have stints in the midfield as per the list you provided. Reasonable chance we have 5 of those unavailable for this game but i've left out wings so probably only need 5 who can go (would expect Cripps, Kennedy, Cerra, then probably Docherty, Ed Curnow, and Fisher/Martin rotating through)

So no excuses, there's plenty of depth there to cover.

Nah, no you don't.

1. Cripps
2. Walsh
3. Hewett
4. Cerra
5. Kennedy
6. Acres
7. Curnow
8. O’Brian

Ive just added a few more times off the top of my head that have played regular stints in the midfield off the top of my head and that’s before Dow and whoever they have in the vfl and even Hollands who played some midfield mins last week even young Motlop played a few stints last week especially on the wings

Throw in some more of the guys with injuries who can play mid mins like Williams and you have a midfield brigade that is similar to Collingwood in numbers and I don’t even know Carlton’s list very well

As to how they line up I have no idea but to put it that Carlton’s midfield doesn’t bat deep or have as manny as Collingwood as you implied before isn’t correct

Hell I don’t even like Carlton all that much but they have a midfield that is strong as anyone’s

Cripps
Walsh
Hewitt
Kennedy
Cerra
Docherty
Ed Curnow
Fisher
Martin
Dow
Williams
Cuningham
Fogarty
Developing: Hollands, Carroll,

it's a pretty similar list - all regularly have stints in the midfield as per the list you provided. Reasonable chance we have 5 of those unavailable for this game but i've left out wings so probably only need 5 who can go (would expect Cripps, Kennedy, Cerra, then probably Docherty, Ed Curnow, and Fisher/Martin rotating through)

So no excuses, there's plenty of depth there to cover.
Even in the list I made I put Motlop in
Played a fair amount on the wing last week and definitely didn’t lower his colours
Still very green but think he will be a dangerous mid forward soon enough

Kennedy is two spots too low.
I'm taking into account midfield fit. Kennedy provides a lot of what Cripps and Hewett do (and both imo are better players). Cerra for me is an important differential in there and also has more growth in his game imo. But tbf it has been a massive change with Kennedy - I had written him a couple of years ago but he has done a great job since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back