Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They could have won it mate, but guess what they didn't.:grinv1: That 2018 grand final is by far my favourite non Carlton one.

Hopefully Collingwood will treat us to something similar this year as well!

Yeah Carlton are rubbish, we're crap etc, we've been bit of a joke and a shambles since 2002, but let's be very clear about something here, Carlton do not need any tips for success whatsoever, from a club who've only won four flags in eighty seven years.
I love this post. So "Olde Carlton". Hope the brains trust are hanging onto these views also. Strong chance they are because they have remained fashionable at Carlton for a long time.

The Blues have been an irrelevency to even borderline contention for decades now. Collingwood has never known that but God it looks awful.

The last couple of generations of Carlton supporters only know their club as a basket case. The older folk still fill those impressionable heads with stories of old success. It generates early optimism but hopes that are all so easy to let go of. Resiliance has gone. Jack's mandates still ring around the halls and the club cant generate enough will to caste them to history.

Yep you have nothing to learn from clubs who have disgarded the old robes and learnt to change for the better.

Carlton, please please please go on believing this is your truth.

Look we all know Carlton have a limited list that has been found out.

I hope Arr0w returns to provide a rational analysis of where their list is at.
Told me numerous times Carlton was well ahead of Essendon too..

lol

living in the past like his evidence when debating

Would love nothing more than hammer home the final nail in the CarltonFC coffin for 2023 when ALL eyes are on us on Kings Birthday eve at the MCG. Will be 70,000+ there and every one of the non Carlton fsupporters will be rooting for the rise of these new Bombers to finish them

Told me numerous times Carlton was well ahead of Essendon too..

lol

living in the past like his evidence when debating

Would love nothing more than hammer home the final nail in the CarltonFC coffin for 2023 when ALL eyes are on us on Kings Birthday eve at the MCG. Will be 70,000+ there and every one of the non Carlton fsupporters will be rooting for the rise of these new Bombers to finish them
Ill root for anything so might as well add Essendon to the list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think something a lot of people were missing in the off season is confidence is huge, it impacts performance significantly. Collingwood gained a heap of confidence by all the 'fluke' wins even if you didn't consider them to be proper wins for whatever reason. Someone forgot to tell the players the 11 wins in a row were all flukes :thumbsu:

I think something a lot of people were missing in the off season is confidence is huge, it impacts performance significantly. Collingwood gained a heap of confidence by all the 'fluke' wins even if you didn't consider them to be proper wins for whatever reason. Someone forgot to tell the players the 11 wins in a row were all flukes :thumbsu:
Carlton would have reunions for a flukey win right now

I love this post. So "Olde Carlton". Hope the brains trust are hanging onto these views also. Strong chance they are because they have remained fashionable at Carlton for a long time.

The Blues have been an irrelevency to even borderline contention for decades now. Collingwood has never known that but God it looks awful.

The last couple of generations of Carlton supporters only know their club as a basket case. The older folk still fill those impressionable heads with stories of old success. It generates early optimism but hopes that are all so easy to let go of. Resiliance has gone. Jack's mandates still ring around the halls and the club cant generate enough will to caste them to history.

Yep you have nothing to learn from clubs who have disgarded the old robes and learnt to change for the better.

Carlton, please please please go on believing this is your truth.
Big clubs go through barren periods in various sports. Carlton won't be the first or last club to go through this.

I don't think Carlton neither deserve or are entitled to success. Success has to be earned and Carlton post 2000 have fallen well short on that front.

We kicked out a man who bleeds navy blue in Ratts, and brought Collingwood Mick into the club. It was that more so than John Elliott and the salary cap fiasco that did the damage in the end imo.

Carlton has indeed gone from being the best performing AFL club of the 20th century, to the worst performing club of the 21st century. As a poster said on our board before, all the years spent in this barren wilderness have turned this once powerful and successful club into the joke that is St Kilda!

Being renowned as infamous grand final bottlers carries it's own stigma as well though. Carlton's glory years have been captured on colour tv. Collingwood's glory years are so far into the past, that no tv footage (as far as i'm aware of anyway) exists of it.

As a Tigers fan said on here recently, the last time Collingwood were truly feared was back when Squizzy Taylor roamed the streets of Melbourne!

Last edited:
Big clubs go through barren periods in various sports. Carlton won't be the first or last club to go through this.

I don't think Carlton neither deserve or are entitled to success. Success has to be earned and Carlton post 2000 have fallen well short on that front.

We kicked out a man who bleeds navy blue in Ratts, and brought Collingwood Mick into the club. It was that more so than John Elliott and the salary cap fiasco that did the damage in the end imo.

Carlton has indeed gone from being the best performing AFL club of the 20th century, to the worst performing club of the 21st century. As a poster said on our board before, all the years spent in this barren wilderness have turned this once powerful and successful club into the joke that is St Kilda!

Being renowned as infamous grand final bottlers carries it's own stigma as well though. Carlton's glory years have been captured on colour tv. Collingwood's glory years are so far into the past, that no tv footage (as far as i'm aware of anyway) exists of it.

As a Tigers fan said on here recently, the last time Collingwood were truly feared was back when Squizzy Taylor roamed the streets of Melbourne!
Beautiful. Olde Carlton tattoed into those paragraphs. Keep telling yourself Mick reaked more damage than Jack.

Collingwood has been many things over the journey but never had the ignomy of decades of irrelevance. That cant feel good.

Beautiful. Olde Carlton tattoed into those paragraphs. Keep telling yourself Mick reaked more damage than Jack.

Collingwood has been many things over the journey but never had the ignomy of decades of irrelevance. That cant feel good.
Well i'm in favour of sticking with Vossy. The "olde Carlton" thing to do would be to kick Vossy out, before changing his assistant coaches and making amendments to the list.

It sure doesn't feel good at all. Carlton is still a club with a wonderful history and tradition though, and we have by far the nicest guernsey in the competition.

Collingwood are a very competitive club i'll give you that, but technically in terms of being a consistent flag winner you've been an irrelevance since 1936.

Well i'm in favour of sticking with Vossy. The "olde Carlton" thing to would be to kick Vossy out, before changing his assistant coaches and making amendments to the list.

It sure doesn't feel good at all. Carlton is still a club with a wonderful history and tradition though, and we have by far the nicest guernsey in the competition.

Collingwood are a very competitive club i'll give you that, but technically in terms of being a consistent flag winner you've been an irrelevance since 1936.
Jesus that far back now? We are s**t. Although having the nicest guernsey is a massive win at the moment

Football is entertainment to us suckers that don’t play. Collingwood may not have as many premierships as they should, but the journey is all part of it. We get bang for our buck. The only Blues supporters who get that haven’t purchased a ticket in 25 years

Can you please inform us what constitutes a 'consistent flag winner' in the AFL era?

Since 1990 (rebranding to AFL), in the years of 15/16/17/18 teams, here is the number of flags won by each team:
5 - Hawthorn
4 - West Coast, Geelong
3 - Brisbane, Richmond
2 - Sydney, Collingwood, Essendon, Adelaide, North Melbourne
1 - Carlton, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne
0 - Fremantle, St. Kilda, Gold Coast, GWS.

Are Hawthorn, West Coast and Geelong what you would consider 'consistent flag winners'?

Despite none of these three teams looking like winning another one any time soon.

Or would you consider Richmond also being a 'consistent flag winner', despite not playing in a grand Final between 1983 and 2016?

Can you please inform us what constitutes a 'consistent flag winner' in the AFL era?

Since 1990 (rebranding to AFL), in the years of 15/16/17/18 teams, here is the number of flags won by each team:
5 - Hawthorn
4 - West Coast, Geelong
3 - Brisbane, Richmond
2 - Sydney, Collingwood, Essendon, Adelaide, North Melbourne
1 - Carlton, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne
0 - Fremantle, St. Kilda, Gold Coast, GWS.

Are Hawthorn, West Coast and Geelong what you would consider 'consistent flag winners'?

Despite none of these three teams looking like winning another one any time soon.

Or would you consider Richmond also being a 'consistent flag winner', despite not playing in a grand Final between 1983 and 2016?
It should go back to 1987 when the West Coast Eagles and Brisbane Bears entered the competition. I see both Hawthorn and Geelong as the best performing clubs of the modern era.

Hawthorn have won a flag in every decade since the 60's. Of course they're a consistent flag winner! Richmond have won eight flags since 1958. Is that not consistent enough for you?

Fadgestradamus
To be fair, you didn't need to be some kind of once in a millenium prophet to predict Carlton's plight in 2023.

All you had to do was critically assess their list based on what they have achieved in recent years, compared to the lists of other clubs, what they have recently achieved, and what they did in the off-season to improve their lists.

I didn't expect them to be as bad as they are going now - I reckon they are currently the second worst team in the competition, and based on what I saw from West Coast yesterday despite all their injuries, there isn't much of a gap between these two teams - but they will improve now that the 'pressure of making finals' is no longer.

Jeepers, imagine continually crumbling under the pressure of being in the top 45% of teams in the competition? That is a very special level of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back