Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes clubs can make mistakes. As a Pies fan I would have thought you would know all about a club making mistakes
Yeah but the time line and all?

Do think I am naive enough to think only Carlton cheated and no other club make mistakes.

The question I am asking is there a connection to getting caught and penalised to winning 0 flags and 5 spoons when they used to get flags regular.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't ask for evidence, the lizard doesn't like that but is happy to ask for it when old mate John Wren is mentioned.
But there is evidence for what I am saying, would you like I go dig some up?

If you want to make a claim we have been losing GF's because we were cheating and now can't, fine, i'm happy for you to, but show us a bit of evidence.

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks
Yeah but the time line and all?

Do think I am naive enough to think only Carlton cheated and no other club make mistakes.

The question I am asking is there a connection to getting caught and penalised to winning 0 flags and 5 spoons when they used to get flags regular.
And I have already answered that question. If you want to ignore what I've said that is your right but in that case there is no pt continuing this discussion

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
And I have already answered that question. If you want to ignore what I've said that is your right but in that case there is no pt continuing this discussion
No i'm not ignoring what you said, you like saying that, that is your reason, I said, that's fine, but there is also another chance something else was at play, the timeline suggests it's a very real possibility.

It's just very, very suspicious your club started making all these mistakes AFTER getting caught, not before.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
No i'm not ignoring what you said, you like saying that, that is your reason, I said, that's fine, but there is also another chance something else was at play, the timeline suggests it's a very real possibility.

It's just very, very suspicious your club started making all these mistakes AFTER getting caught, not before.

You really are salty, if this is the only reason you can lean on to determine future events

But, we all know your club's mental fragility has been prevalent since WW2, is that the reason?

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

We were only charged for a couple of years, 1995 not being one of them so what you are implying is way off the mark.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Yep our 16 premierships are all due to salary cap breaches. Gosh sounds like a mighty big accusation with no evidence whatsover. Anyway if making up stuff is the only way you can deal with Carlton being the equal most successful club in the history of the VFL/AFL then that's fine. The delusion of some Collingwood supporters never ceases to amaze me
They arent due to salary breaches, as their wasnt a salary cap to breach in the 70s and 80s.

Baggers had one of the best country zones, and then just paid more than other clubs to buy flags.

When a level playing field introduced, Carlton turned to s**t, or had a "down period".

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks
Are you one of the Ricky Bobby if you aint first your last nuffies??

I see a distinct difference to consistently playing in GFs v consistently winning spoons.
I wasnt saying your down years were equivalent to ours. However you went from winning 13 GFs in 50 years to 0 in 30 years. So if you had a down period in your history that would be it.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
If Collingwood won all the Grand Finals they’d competed in during Carlton’s period of trash they’d be runaway flag leaders on 18 premierships.

Luckily they’re confirmed finals chokers and still sit behind the very best.

16 > 15.

I think Carlton will win the flag and Collingwood will finish 5th or 6th. Good times to come for both sides in the next few years.

Aug 24, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Pies finished top 4 and are only one point better than Carlton and you are saying we are a basket case, go figure.

I actually hate this argument.

Same logic can be applied to a team like North Melbourne. North Melbourne lost to Collingwood by 7 and beat Richmond this year, so does that mean that the gap between 4 and 18th is only 7 points? That’s why I don’t use individual matches as a basis.

I mean it is clear that Carlton are the much better team but you need a better argument than that 🤣

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

Same logic can be applied to a team like North Melbourne. North Melbourne lost to Collingwood by 7 and beat Richmond this year, so does that mean that the gap between 4 and 18th is only 7 points? That’s why I don’t use individual matches as a basis.

I mean it is clear that Carlton are the much better team but you need a better argument than that 🤣
Get into the spirit of the thread mate, anything that's even remotely correct or intellegent is not required here.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

It implies that the margins in the league are tiny.

As I have said, Collingwood had the worst percentage of any Top 4 side since 1998. There were never a dominant team and scraped across the line against as many mediocre teams as they did quality sides.

As the Pies found out in the finals effort and intent can only get you so far, and this was in spite of virtually everything going right for them along the way in 2022.

It’s not a sustainable way of playing.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Collingwood won all the Grand Finals they’d competed in during Carlton’s period of trash they’d be runaway flag leaders on 18 premierships.

Luckily they’re confirmed finals chokers and still sit behind the very best.

16 > 15.
How's your maths?

15 + 4 = ??????

(Clue, it's not 18)

The question is, how many more years of trash are you going to give us?

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
How's your maths?

15 + 4 = ??????

(Clue, it's not 18)

The question is, how many more years of trash are you going to give us?
Thank you for reminding me it's actually 1/5.

So the Pies could have been had 19 flags, but they are mental fragile and are still behind the very best.

All those opportunities, very little output.

Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back