Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
And won lots of spoons and ruined plenty of careers since.
Carlton fans stuck reflecting on old VFL paper bag glory.

AFL era they stand alone as the worst performed club.

Despite that they come alive in November / December when they have "won" another off season, and next year will be their year.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Carlton fans stuck reflecting on old VFL paper bag glory.

AFL era they stand alone as the worst performed club.

Despite that they come alive in November / December when they have "won" another off season, and next year will be their year.
Thread is about next season, you Collingwood nuffies having trouble understanding that, at the moment we are both undefeated.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Thread is about next season, you Collingwood nuffies having trouble understanding that, at the moment we are both undefeated.
Yep, we are in Carlton fans fav time of the year - November / December - and talking about how good they will be next year.

What a time to be a Bagger fan, enjoy the next couple of weeks.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Yep, we are in Carlton fans fav time of the year - November / December - and talking about how good they will be next year.

What a time to be a Bagger fan, enjoy the next couple of weeks.
You enjoy the next few months, i know we won't be seeing most of you Pie supporters next season.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
You enjoy the next few months, i know we won't be seeing most of you Pie supporters next season.
You going to retreat to the Bagger board when things hit the skids?

I guess have to wait until November 2023, for Baggers to be again telling everyone how next year is their year.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes it was 2.11 in those three quarters and yet the game was decided by a 1pt margin. Anything but comfortable. Also proves how detrimental our inaccuracy was to our chances in that game, arguably more so then anything Collingwood did on the day.
Pretty sure winning would trump everything you said but I could be wrong

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
but what is there to argue with?

That flags aren't the aim of every Club?
That winning flags isn't the ultimate measure?

what exactly are you disagreeing with here?

hmmm

Collingwood have lost over 25 GF - ie they have come 'second' more than any other Club and in doing that Collingwood ( despite its record of cheating in teh VFL era ( lets be honest here eh?) have managed to only win 2 flags in 64 years V Carlton's 8 in the same timeline...

give it up fella your distorted cherry picked to avoid the truth narrative is only working on fellow Collingwood one eyes - no one else .

Talk about living rent free JaB.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Winning 50 years ago in the VFL, when you just got out the cheque book and paper bags, is more important then AFL performance according to our learned Bagger friends

Coming from a supporter that has won 1 flag in 30 years, same as us

How funny, thinking you are relevant and or some powerhouse of the competition

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks
Sounds like another pathetic excuse.

No, it was nothing about Collingwood rising to the occasion when it mattered most, and making sure they were ahead when it counted.
Lol it was making the point that the game was far from comfortable - or were you just banking on us kicking inaccurately. Didn't know Nostradamus was an assistant at the Pies

Last edited:

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks
Pretty sure winning would trump everything you said but I could be wrong
Maybe read the post I was replying to that said it was a comfortable game for the Pies. Didn't know there was a such a thing as a comfortable 1pt win. Pies must be some sort of force if they are having those

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
What is the point of this joke? It's so incorrect it's borderline laughable and yet you keep repeating it.
I'm just repeating one of the myriad of excuses as to why Carlton lost the round 23 game.

Meanwhile, Collingwood supporters don't need excuses for that game. Guess why?

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks
I'm just repeating one of the myriad of excuses as to why Carlton lost the round 23 game.

Meanwhile, Collingwood supporters don't need excuses for that game. Guess why?
You seem to have some trouble understanding what an excuse is. Saying that three of our five starting mids were out against the Pies is a FACT. So once again not one "fifth best mid" as you keep repeating. An EXCUSE would be saying that is the reason we lost the game - when it was a clearly a close game (far from comfortable for either team) and IMO we should have won it even without those players playing given the chances we generated.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You seem to have some trouble understanding what an excuse is. Saying that three of our five starting mids were out against the Pies is a FACT. So once again not one "fifth best mid" as you keep repeating. An EXCUSE would be saying that is the reason we lost the game - when it was a clearly a close game (far from comfortable for either team) and IMO we should have won it even without those players playing given the chances we generated.
Sorry, I forgot.

Carlton are the only team in the competition who suffer injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back