Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbf they had us dominated when the VFL/AFL was at its peak... in the 20s and 30s 😲

Strike a light mate!

Big sticks to finally admit the domination we've had over yas in the 2020's mate and a fair dinkum 'good on ya mate' for having a Nostradamus crack at the 2030's too mate. Beaut mate!

Last edited:
Brevity is usually my friend... not in this case, unfortunately. Good find :tearsofjoy:

Carlton's a good side mate.. just gotta play the game with more fluidity and ease mate. Get in the zone and have fun mate.. do it with a smile mate.

Play the game in a space beyond the stats mate. Do that and you'll make the 8 mate.

Last edited:
Carlton's a good side mate.. just gotta play the game with more fluidity and ease mate. Getting in the zone mate.. having fun and doing it smile mate. Play the game in a space beyond the stats mate. Do that and you'll make the 8 mate.
I count 6 instances of "mate" - order is restored!

Folk often ask me and that man.. like.. what track best describes the Fly's and Voss's style of game and that man.. and I'm like.. S Club 7's Don't stop moving mate.. that's what the Fly's all about mate.. that's it mate.. moving to the rhythm that's inside man.. ain't no destination but we don't even care mate.. just let it take you there mate.. and just go with the magic mate.. that's what it's all about mate.. then I'm like trying to think about how to best describe Voss's style of game man.. like is there a track about stagnation and conking out and that mate.. losing your last 4 H&A's mate.. giving it up at 3/4 time R23 after being 24 up and that mate.. and I'm like.. is there a a track about lols man.. 😄

That's it mate.. forget about it mate.. forget about it.

Last edited:
Folk often get asked and that man.. like.. what track best describes the Fly's and Voss's style of game and that man.. and I'm like.. S Club 7's Don't stop moving mate.. that's what the Fly's all about mate.. that's it mate.. moving to the rhythm that's inside man.. ain't no destination but we don't even care mate.. just let it take you there mate.. and just go with the magic mate.. that's what it's all about mate.. then I'm like trying to think about how to best describe Voss's style of game man.. like is there a track about stagnation and conking out and that mate.. losing your last 4 H&A's mate.. giving it up at 3/4 time R23 after being 24 up and that mate.. and I'm like.. is there a a track about lols man.. 😄

Don't you read the papers mate, it's January mate, McGovern burning the turf down mate, injurys behind him mate, and don't get me started on Paddy Dow mate this is his year mate, that's all she wrote mate.

Folk often get asked and that man.. like.. what track best describes the Fly's and Voss's style of game and that man.. and I'm like.. S Club 7's Don't stop moving mate.. that's what the Fly's all about mate.. that's it mate.. moving to the rhythm that's inside man.. ain't no destination but we don't even care mate.. just let it take you there mate.. and just go with the magic mate.. that's what it's all about mate.. then I'm like trying to think about how to best describe Voss's style of game man.. like is there a track about stagnation and conking out and that mate.. losing your last 4 H&A's mate.. giving it up at 3/4 time R23 after being 24 up and that mate.. and I'm like.. is there a a track about lols man.. 😄

I’ve had it up to here mate. Absolutely over it mate. Hearing about Fly and his dance moves mate, enough mate. If Collingwood even beat Carlton once in the next 5 years mate… I’ll go bonkers mate. It’s not happening mate. Vossy, that’s a real man mate. Got the troops working overtime right now mate. McGovern hasn’t had a Big Mac in 3 weeks mate. Z.Williams been using a wheelchair all preseason mate. Ensuring no injuries mate, real outside the box thinking from the big Voss man. Cripps been training with the army mate. Training to kill, he’s literally going to kill Ginnivan next year mate. Funeral dates are already being discussed mate. Make sure to wear a black suit to the next Carlton v Collingwood game mate, show some respect for the fallen mate.

Don't you read the papers mate, it's January mate, McGovern burning the turf down mate, injurys behind him mate, and don't get me started on Paddy Dow mate this is his year mate, that's all she wrote mate.

Dow mate.. prollie reckon he'll have a bewdy bottler of a season too mate. Don't wanna put the mockers on him mate.. but mate I reckon mate.. if he gets a real wriggle on mate.. might reckon I'm being as nutty as a fruitcake here mate.. but i reckon mate.. 6th best VFL mid mate.... to your 4th best VFL mid mate.. Easy Campese mate.. Easy Campese mate.. celebrate the phenom with a middy mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.. forget about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow mate.. prollie reckon he'll have a bewdy bottler of a season too mate. Don't wanna put the mockers on him mate.. but mate I reckon mate.. if he gets a real wriggle on mate.. might reckon I'm being as nutty as a fruitcake here mate.. but i reckon mate.. 6th best VFL mid mate.... to your 4th best VFL mid mate.. Easy Campese mate.. Easy Campese mate.. celebrate the phenom with a middy mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.. forget about it.
Our top VFL player mate. 18 votes in the Liston medal, show some respect mate. Was tagged every game. Give him some space and he dominates the VFL. Showing the boys developing how it's done. Collingwood's VFL side could use the direction. Got some absolute spuds developing down there. Top vote getter Callum Brown, next up Trent Bianco, Fin Macrae. I'm sure people will be shuddering thinking about having to play these plonkers in an AFL game. Lets hope you don't have any mid injuries.

Our top VFL player mate. 18 votes in the Liston medal, show some respect mate. Was tagged every game. Give him some space and he dominates the VFL. Showing the boys developing how it's done. Collingwood's VFL side could use the direction. Got some absolute spuds developing down there. Top vote getter Callum Brown, next up Trent Bianco, Fin Macrae. I'm sure people will be shuddering thinking about having to play these plonkers in an AFL game. Lets hope you don't have any mid injuries.

C Brown delisted mate. Dow 23 #3 mate. Bianco 22 (20 Jan) #45 mate. Fin 20 #19 mate. That's it mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it.

Oh mate.

BringouttheGimp JyeDye JustaBattler

Forget about drags at Calder in 6 banger gemmies, b&w photos of bikes and souvis with extras for the price of a plain with cheese and garlic sauce mate.

What we're talkin about man is who finishes higher man...... who finishes higher....... like that's the end game mate.

Mate, it ain't the end game, we all know what the end game is man........... ya'll know man., ya'll know man.

This ain't about Ultravox and Vienna bruh, or echo n the bunnys screamin fate gainst will in a donnie darko flick, coz it does mean somethin bruh's, it means everythin mate, everythin mate....... everythin - f'get bout anythin else mate.

It's what's all about mate, FLAGS mate, no one gives a f* about who finishes higher man, it's all about the flag mate.............. forget it about it man.

If we don't win that cup this year man, I'm done mate, I'm done.......... forget it about mate, we'll win it mate.

Only a Carlton supporter would find a positive of having a pick 3 playing VFL in his 5th/6th year in the system.

'Showing the kids how it's done'.

Wowee.
So only a Carlton supporter can show a bit of positivity in life mate? At the end of the day it's just a game mate. As long as Dow is having a bit of fun isn't that what it's all about mate? Game's gone mate... needs to reconnect to its roots. Reckon they should bring in a no hat no play policy for day games mate. Maybe allow some BYO barbies at games, get a bit of a community aspect back to the game mate. Too corporate nowadays, RM Williams with button up shirts mate... get out of here with that. Swap them out for some thongs and a singlet, install a water slide over the top of the field, lets have a bit of fun out there mate. Players on the bench can join in, let them be happy, that's what's important.

Oh mate.

BringouttheGimp JyeDye JustaBattler

Forget about drags at Calder in 6 banger gemmies, b&w photos of bikes and souvis with extras for the price of a plain with cheese and garlic sauce mate.

What we're talkin about man is who finishes higher man...... who finishes higher....... like that's the end game mate.

Mate, it ain't the end game, we all know what the end game is man........... ya'll know man., ya'll know man.

This ain't about Ultravox and Vienna bruh, or echo n the bunnys screamin fate gainst will in a donnie darko flick, coz it does mean somethin bruh's, it means everythin mate, everythin mate....... everythin - f'get bout anythin else mate.

It's what's all about mate, FLAGS mate, no one gives a f* about who finishes higher man, it's all about the flag mate.............. forget it about it man.

If we don't win that cup this year man, I'm done mate, I'm done.......... forget it about mate, we'll win it mate.

Maaaate you haven't lived unless you've gone knee down around Philip Island mate letting her rip out to 180mph down the straight and hoping the Brembos pull you up in time for the big lean over as you back the rear end into into the next corner mate- no ABS and tricky electrics mate just the smell of the race fuel and the feral roar of the Vtwin mate...

and then there is the surf mate and the chicas and the sun mate ...the winter off shore flicking the tops of the waves back and holding the face up for a nice slice across the face of the 8 footer mate...

or how about an early morning game at the National mate - fog rolling in off Gunammatta, the hint of salt in the air as the dim sun of Melbournes autumn starts to melt the fog and lift the heavy dew off the fairways mate. Nothing beats a high draw smashed to the edge of the dip in front of hole one at the Old Course mate - the hint of a good round and beers on the losers mate- bragging rights

there is much more than football mate - watching some young fools entertain the herds mate- doesn't come close to doing it yourself mate.

Get out more - have a stretch ...the big blue dog is back mate - all muscled up for the first time in decades mate- and hungry ..really hungry.

Absolutely loving it.

It appears Mr.Gimp has established a new sub-dialect.

I hope it spreads more widely, taught at educational establishments.

Books are written about it and eventually it is discussed as classic literature.

Mr Gimp, may your word spread wide and far

Dunno if I've established a new sub thingamajig or whatever and that man. It's pretty much all been done before I reckon and that man. Just going with the flow man. Living in the moment man. Not too dissimilar to that ball of muscle Elliott getting a hold of it to snag that ball tearer of a sausage roll in the last for the sealer mate. Bang on mate. Collingwood to 4th mate. Carlton to 9th mate. Haha. Agh. Pfft. Easy Campese mate. No biggie mate. That's it mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it.

Absolutely loving it.

It appears Mr.Gimp has established a new sub-dialect.

I hope it spreads more widely, taught at educational establishments.

Books are written about it and eventually it is discussed as classic literature.

Mr Gimp, may your word spread wide and far
Its been fun watching these Ikon Park boys slowly learning the dialogue

I don’t see massive upside for Collingwood tbh. They have a lot of good players but no real stars. De Goey is the closest, but he needs to go to a new level if Collingwood are to win a flag.
That's the most sensible post i've seen on this thread so far. Collingwood are a very competitive and hard working team, but i just don't see them as flag contenders.

All of them 20th century artifacts.

Time for the Blues to join the 21st Century...It's already into the 2nd decade so any year now, we're all waiting mate...
The thing is though your clubs glory years are so far back in the past, no television footage actually exists of that period. Well if it does i'm not aware of it.

The only people alive who remember when Collingwood were a superpower are in their nineties now.

Although i'm sure pies fans are grateful, for the few crumbs they've managed to gather off the table in the years post 1936!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back