Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
That's the most sensible post i've seen on this thread so far. Collingwood are a very competitive and hard working team, but i just don't see them as flag contenders.

Ha.. wha.. all that hard work from the Gimp for nothing mate? All that hard work from the Gimp for nothing mate?

Oh.. I give up. I have absolutely had it man. I can't anymore man. I'm done man............ I'm done.

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton Cork GAA Montreal Canadiens
Ha.. wha.. all that hard work from the Gimp for nothing mate? All that hard work from the Gimp for nothing mate?

Oh.. I give up. I have absolutely had it man. I can't anymore man. I'm done man............ I'm done.
That team you had in the 70's and early 80's was very sporting mate. No matter how well the pies would play on the day, they'd always leave Carlton off home with the cup in the end!

Oh and don't quit on me mate don't quit. Pick yourself up off the floor, and try again and fail again rinse and repeat. It's the Collingwood way mate!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
That team you had in the 70's and early 80's was very sporting mate. No matter how well the pies would play on the day, they'd always leave Carlton off home with the cup in the end!

Oh and don't quit on me mate don't quit. Pick yourself up off the floor, and try again and fail again rinse and repeat. It's the Collingwood way mate!

Mate.. there wouldn't have been such a big kerfuffle over the 'Can you smell what the Blues are cooking' slogan if you had just gone with the 'Cow jumping over the moon and the Blues running away with 5 spoons' slogan mate.

What are you using all them spoons for now mate? Eh? Eh? Warming up with a bit of totem pickkleball tennis in the rooms before a game eh? Plenty spoons to go around mate. They'd be more edges than Mitchell Johnson in the 2013 Ashes Series I reckon mate. Keep the lads on their toes mate. Saad could have even sneeked one under his armpit and used it in the last coupla Rd 23 mate. Cheeky buggers mate. Haha. That's it mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it.

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mate.. there wouldn't have been such a big kerfuffle over the 'Can you smell what the Blues are cooking' slogan if you had just gone with the 'Cow jumping over the moon and the Blues running away with 5 spoons' slogan mate.

What are you using all them spoons for now mate? Eh? Eh? Warming up with a bit of totem pickkleball tennis in the rooms before a game eh? Plenty spoons to go around mate. They'd be more edges than Mitchell Johnson in the 2013 Ashes Series I reckon mate. Keep the lads on their toes mate. Saad could have even sneeked one under his armpit and used it in the last coupla Rd 23 mate. Cheeky buggers mate. Haha. That's it mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it.
Why are you talking to me about wooden spoons mate? Go and talk about spoons to a St Kilda fan or something. They've got twenty seven of them mate twenty seven!

Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why are you talking to me about wooden spoons mate? Go and talk about spoons to a St Kilda fan or something. They've got twenty seven of them mate twenty seven!
27 is a stark number

Pies are miles ahead of the 1897 foundation teams with only 2, we should talk that up more often

Carlton, Geelong and Essendon next on 5

Doggies who joined in 1925 only 4 spoons surprisingly

27 is absolutely disgraceful, that equals the sum of all the spoons won by North, Footscray, University, Gold Coast and the Brisbane Bears

Dec 26, 2022
Cork
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
27 is a stark number

Pies are miles ahead of the 1897 foundation teams with only 2, we should talk that up more often

Carlton, Geelong and Essendon next on 5

Doggies who joined in 1925 only 4 spoons surprisingly

27 is absolutely disgraceful, that equals the sum of all the spoons won by North, Footscray, University, Gold Coast and the Brisbane Bears
The Irish equivalent of St Kilda would be the Waterford hurling team. They haven't won an all Ireland final since 1959, but at least they won the big prize twice.

The Saints only have the one flag, and of course they would win that flag at Collingwoods expense! I suppose the Pies got their revenge in 2010 though.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The magical number mate.

35 mate.

Best 35 mate.

Reality mate every player is a leader mate. You don't need the title of C or VC or be part of the leadership group to be a leader mate. Compare a 2021 Noble and Murphy to a 2022 Noble and Murphy mate. 2021 mate they were both doing the neuron dance man. 2022 mate they both unlocked their superpowers mate. Dancing the zeibekiko mate. Going with the flow mate. Living in the moment mate. Expressing themselves mate. Playing with a sense of freedom mate. Having fun mate. Enjoying it mate. 2023 mate. Flat out like a lizard drinking doing the same thing mate. Coupla shots of tsipouro and a bit of shooshki piperki and away you go mate. That's it mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Practice games are like dancing with your sister

My folks used to force me to dance with my sisters at weddings man. Not great man. The move your feet side by side waltz man. You know the one man. I was always like mate you look that way mate. I'll look the other way mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it.

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
The magical number mate.

35 mate.

Best 35 mate.

Reality mate every player is a leader mate. You don't need the title of C or VC or be part of the leadership group to be a leader mate. Compare a 2021 Noble and Murphy to a 2022 Noble and Murphy mate. 2021 mate they were both doing the neuron dance man. 2022 mate they both unlocked their superpowers mate. Dancing the zeibekiko mate. Going with the flow mate. Living in the moment mate. Expressing themselves mate. Playing with a sense of freedom mate. Having fun mate. Enjoying it mate. 2023 mate. Flat out like a lizard drinking doing the same thing mate. Coupla shots of tsipouro and a bit of shooshki piperki and away you go mate. That's it mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it.

Gimpy...this is one of your all time best mate....I loves ya!!

The magical number mate.

35 mate.

Best 35 mate.

Keep politics out of the discussion please.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Keep politics out of the discussion please.

Is that right now mate eh. How many Politix threads you got mate? Eh? Eh? Yeah. Hehe. Corporate designer bespoke reversible mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it. Got that many mate I can push the proverbial fashion envelope and turn corporate wear into edgy sportswear at a whim mate. Glam it up with a bit of bling too mate. Forward thinking mate. That's it mate. Forget about it mate. Forget about it.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gimpy...this is one of your all time best mate....I loves ya!!

That's the genius of the Fly. Noble has gone from telegraphing the ball (2021) to taking 1 step forward 1 step back 5 steps forward 5 steps back (2022). Going Inward to go outward. The game starts to open up. You're kinda like bending it to your favour. Not bending it like Beckham but you know what I mean. Getting in the zone and that. Creating something special. That's what it's all about.

Coach without the micromanagement. Sus out what it is about this great and all encompassing game of ours that they love and then just allow that genius to unfold. They've all got it in em. Peak level coaching is when you can sit there on the sidelines with a champers and just enjoy the show. Cry happy tears. Not great if you're as busy as a blue arsed fly directing your players to launch the ball 15 mtrs sideways. The players are the real humdingers. Noble a 22-28 ranked player and a leader.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Zac Williams ACL is a horrible loss for the Blues. He was an ace in the pack. I hope his recovery goes well.
Agreed, that is actually upsetting

Williams, Saad and C Curnow are the Carlton players I enjoy watching

Poor Zac can't take a trick since he moved to Carlton

Agreed, that is actually upsetting

Williams, Saad and C Curnow are the Carlton players I enjoy watching

Poor Zac can't take a trick since he moved to Carlton
Aye. Terrible for him and any other player suffering such an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back