Strategy Blues to trade first round pick - who do they target?

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Carlton does not want to hit the 2019 draft; we are too young as it is.

Heck, we are almost certain to trade the Adelaide 1st round pick for a ready-made player (aka next year's Dylan Shiel, whoever that may be). So the comparison becomes even more complicated.

Good on them...

We're trading it out anyway most likely, and wont be using it at the draft, so who cares?

Surprised you didn't pick Williams, with the pick you gave us
You obviously gave us an offer to good to refuse. ;)

Rumours for a few months that we will be trading in an experienced ruckman for the 2020 season.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would, if I was the Crows. What I think we will see more of, is players being traded, a year out from FA, such as Shiel, Neale, May etc
I absolutely would. Grundy would be massive for the crows. If not Grundy, then I would be looking at Rankine or Lukosius at the end of the year to see if a very high draft pick could tempt them to let one go if it looks like 1 or both want out sooner rather than later

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I absolutely would. Grundy would be massive for the crows. If not Grundy, then I would be looking at Rankine or Lukosius at the end of the year to see if a very high draft pick could tempt them to let one go if it looks like 1 or both want out sooner rather than later

Not sure those kids will want out after one year, but of course you would ask the question

BluesRule

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I’d like to see the club chase Billings, Taranto or Gresham. Could include this pick in whatever package is required to get one of those guys over the line.
Like it - Taranto or Gresham would be a perfect fit.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Their list profile needs a player in the 24-26 yo age group. Not sure who that is, but I really dont expect Carlton to trade away their first unless its another GWS special.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't believe so as I'm told it's a ruckman coming out of contract.

Perhaps we can offer the Pies your 1st rounder for Grundy though.
It's not Lobbe is it? Ishis Port mega deal still running?
Zac Smith perhaps? There was talk if him this year that Reidy avoided by saying we weren't interested in Zac Clarke

Back