B: Josh Gibson, Alipate Carlile, Josh Hunt
HB: Scott Selwood, Lachie Henderson, Bachar Houli
M: Dale Thomas, Nick Dal Santo, Isaac Smith
HF: Steve Johnson, Tom Hawkins, Jared Brennan
F: Jarryd Roughead, James Podsiadly, Lindsay Thomas
R: Zac Smith, Michael Barlow, Nathan Foley

IC: Nick Suban, Andrew Gaff, Jordan Gysberts
Sub: Stephen Coniglio

Still rounding out reservese/emergencies.

Great side! Forwards are very tall though!

This is my team at this stage -

B: Josh Drummond - Ted Richards - Brent Guerra
HB: Nick Malceski - Stefan Martin - Pearce Hanley
C: Ben Johnson - Matthew Priddis - Matt Rosa
HF: Daniel Giansiracusa - Travis Cloke - Colin Sylvia
F: Andrew Walker - Jarrad Grant - Mark Lecras
R: Trent West - Brent Moloney - Callan Ward
Int: Michael Osbourne - Angus Monfries - Ash Smith - Sam Lonergan
Emer: Chris Mayne - Shane Savage - Ben Cunnington - Kyle Reimers

Not displeased by the look of that at all - especially considering how poor it was when I started.

Nice work J!

My team so far:

B: Chris Tarrant, Matthew Scarlett, Nick Lower
HB: Jack Grimes, Cale Hooker, Andrew Mackie
C: Bryce Gibbs, Jack Trengrove, Leigh Montagna
HF: Jason Gram, Jack Darling, Chris Knights
F: Cyril Rioli, Israel Falou, Allen Christiensen
Foll: Matthew Leunberger, Matthew Boyd, Jarrad McVeigh
Inter: Ricky Pettard, Setanta O'hAiplin, Campbell Brown, Brent Staker

Emerg: Cameron Hitchcock, Clinton Jones, Clay Smith, Daniel Connors, Brent Renouf, Brent Macaffer, Paul Puopolo, Danyle Pearce

Would appreciate some feedback :)

With this pick I'll take a younger player who I am a real fan of. Perhaps not the best available at this stage of the draft but there aren't many stand-outs remaining so I'm happy to go for a bit of youth.

Not going to address my major issue (height down back) just yet as there are a few talls remaining that I don't mind, who I believe will be around at my next selection(s).

This player has impressed me every time I've seen him. Unfortunately injuries cut his year short but it wouldn't surprise if this player has a really good 2012. A few ageing players are ahead of him in the pecking order so I don't think it'll be too long before he cracks into the senior team on a more permanent basis. Could even be a regular come round 1 but will need to monitor his form over the preseason. Won't be without a chance because youth development is something important to this team, and the coach in particular who has stated time and time again that the younger players will get their chance.

This player is tough, quick and uses the ball really well. Perhaps more accustomed to a running defender role but in time I think he can make the transition into the midfield.

Taylor Hunt

My team so far:

Emerg: Cameron Hitchcock, Clinton Jones, Clay Smith, Daniel Connors, Brent Renouf, Brent Macaffer, Paul Puopolo, Danyle Pearce

Nice team I think you forward line is a bit small but besides that I think you have a good side

My team so far:

If you just had a better FF than Folau that would have helped.

But jeez, aside from that it's a super side! Strong depth too, not many super younguns coming thru for the future - eg from last draft or two, but a hard team to beat now.

I figured we would have our teams posted and the 16 of us would vote 5-4-3-2-1 style for our favourite teams, not including our own.
Sounds pretty good to me....provided everyone votes!

Might need to do a similar thing for "most improved side" - given some got dealt much better starting squads than others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice team I think you forward line is a bit small but besides that I think you have a good side

I thought that too before I checked:

Folau - 195cm, 98kg
Darling - 191cm, 87kg
Knights - 187cm, 88kg
Gram - 186cm, 88kg
Rioli - 177cm, 80kg
Christiensen - 176cm, 77kg

Don't want to be too big up forward. Nice balance I think ;)

If you just had a better FF than Folau that would have helped.

But jeez, aside from that it's a super side! Strong depth too, not many super younguns coming thru for the future - eg from last draft or two, but a hard team to beat now.

I wasn't keen on having Folau either but he is a super athlete and a big body. Will be very hard to match up on :thumbsu:

I didn't think we were drafting for the future? Thought it was a season 2012 thing?

Bluegal, the goal of this comp was never really clear. I always took it as though I was setting up a new franchise from scratch, but that was just the way I wanted to play it - there's no right or wrong.

Has been some talk of making this an ongoing thing that we'd revisit each year but nothing's confirmed and I doubt we'd get everyone on board.

Agree with DIG, there's no right or wrong. That said, it is called a List Management Game and not just a draft.... probably implies there should be a view towards the future in there somewhere..... probably also means we should be judging it on the whole 30 players, not just the best 22.

agreed, list management and draft game implies that best team, most improvement from the draft, and most potential to be a strong team for many years should come into the equation.

Also would love to have some thoughts on my team

B Hardigham bock Pears
Hb Duffield Grundy Mattner
C Embley Kennedy Mckenzie
Hf Blair Petrie Saad
F Nahas Schultz lisle
R Jamar Black S.Thompson
I Raines Hale Deboer S:polec

23.Bird
24 Schofield
25.Howard
26.O'brien