Carlton Board Draft/List Management Game - Draft Thread

Time to take a defender.

Started his career with a bang and looked like becoming an absolute star. Unfortunately things haven't panned out that way for him or his club, but he's still a very solid defender on his day.

I select Jared Rivers

That is, of course, if he hasn't been selected. Getting real difficult to track all the picks when the OP hasn't been updated in an eternity.

Ok tricky pick here as my second last one as there's 3 or 4 I've got my eye on.

Going with a versatile midfielder who's supremely fit, and can tag either in the midfield or as a defensive HFF.

He's a touch limited in his ability, but is durable, hard working and will be able to step up if I get a midfield injury, so a perfect depth player. He's played 89 games but is still only 23.

Pick 208 - Shane Edwards Richmond Football Club

There has been an error in the draft affecting my team. I drafted believing that I had all the available picks in the first post - hence I picked my team as I was drafting and it affected my entire draft strategy.

However, in looking back at my team I believe that I have 31 players assigned to team with my last available selection of Josh Toy (who I needed for my full back line).

Best 22

B: Chris Newman - Scott Thompson - Josh Toy
HB: Matt Suckling - Troy Chaplin - Andy Otten
C: Brent Stanton - Michael Rischitelli - Nathan Jones
HF: Nathan Fyfe - Jack Watts - Harley Bennell
F: Nic Naitanui - Jack Riewoldt - Adam Schneider
R: Ben McEvoy - Jack Redden - Luke Shuey
IC: Brett Ebert - Josh Hill - Matthew White
SU: Matt Shaw

Emergencies (I count 9): Matthew Bate, Hayden Jolly, Jayden Pitt, Cameron Guthrie, Nathan Wilson, Anthony Miles, Thomas Bugg, Marty Clarke, Luke Brown

Is this correct?!

May 6, 2010
Malborne, Orstrayah
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Richmond until at least Rnd 2 2014
There has been an error in the draft affecting my team. I drafted believing that I had all the available picks in the first post - hence I picked my team as I was drafting and it affected my entire draft strategy.

However, in looking back at my team I believe that I have 31 players assigned to team with my last available selection of Josh Toy (who I needed for my full back line).

Best 22

Emergencies (I count 9): Matthew Bate, Hayden Jolly, Jayden Pitt, Cameron Guthrie, Nathan Wilson, Anthony Miles, Thomas Bugg, Marty Clarke, Luke Brown

Is this correct?!

This is kinda messy really. ..

Technically you should have to give up Josh Toy. .. If it had have been realised before your last pick that would have been the case. ..

Giving up an earlier picked player would normally be ok as you could have picked Josh Toy with that pick however the messy part is that you affected the whole draft since that pick. .. and the earlier you back date the player the messier it becomes. ..

This is because if someone wanted that player they will feel agrieved and rightly could request access to the player. .. This alone would cause angst if a player with an earlier pick wants that player. .. It doesn't stop here either as the player that player then delists to acquire your 'delist' is also up for grab and could cause the same angst. ..

Like I said messy. .. Simplest to lose the last player picked to limit the fall out. .. I think this needs a ruling. ..

You definitely shouldn't be able to delist a prior draft listing as I would like that option too ;)

Best 22

Is this correct?!

That is messy. I apoligise for the error in the OP. Unfortunately it is only fair if Josh Toy is back on the market. My suggestion is Otten to BP and Clarke to HBF.

Sorry for missing my pick.

I'm taking a punt on a player who was out for the majority of last season with injury. Can find the footy, is very quick and generally is a good user of the ball, he was missed by his team at times throughout the season. Generally known as a running half back but can push up on to a wing and do some damage.

Despite hating the team, I don't mind watching this player go about it as he can be exciting to see in full flight. Will be interesting to see how he comes back from his knee injury, and whether it takes away some of his speed which would be a shame.

I select Courtney Dempsey

BLUES9898

All Australian
Sep 11, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
man united new york giants
My last two picks are a pass because i have 30 players just wondering if you can update that b&s

I kinda needed another non key forward with this pick. But when someone like Mitch Morton starts becoming a front runner.....it's time to change tack.

Another young onballer to add to my brigade now. Richmond normally overrate their own players, but in this case they're right, this particular one is a very smart footballer who's gonna be a gun.

Pick 224 - Reece Conca

DIG'S FULL SQUAD

PREFERRED 22:
FB - Josh Gibson, Alipate Carlile, Josh Hunt
HB - Scott Selwood, Lachie Henderson, Bachar Houli
C - Dale Thomas, Nick Dal Santo, Isaac Smith
HF - Steve Johnson, Tom Hawkins, Jared Brennan
FF - Jarryd Roughead, James Podsiadly, Lindsay Thomas

R - Zac Smith, Michael Barlow, Nathan Foley

IC - Nick Suban, Andrew Gaff, Shane Edwards
SUB - Stephen Coniglio

EMERGENCIES/RESERVES:
Robbie Warnock - Reserve ruck
Jordan Roughead - Reserve key forward/ruck
Lewis Jetta - Developing midfielder/half forward
Reece Conca - Developing midfielder
Jordan Gysberts - Developing midfielder
Levi Greenwood - Reserve midfielder/half back
Colin Garland - Reserve versatile defender
James Gwilt - Reserve key back

Backline is solid enough, love my forward line, midfield has guns for today (Dal Santo, Thomas, Barlow) and for tomorrow (Isaac Smith, Coniglio, Conca, Gaff) and having Smith and Warnock as ruck options is a nice luxury.

Draft didn't go perfectly but I can't complain. A couple of players i might have got too early, but there were others I didn't expect to get at those picks.

It's been a blast.:thumbsu:

Cool I'll get a sneaky pick in to get my 30th player.

Pick 227 - Jacob Surjan

B: Jacob Surjan - Nathan Brown - Dustin Fletcher
HB: David Wojcinski - Alex Silvagni - Jordan Russell
C: Andrew Carrazzo - Daniel Kerr - Stephen Hill
HF: Kane Lucas - Michael Hurley - Daniel Stanley
F: Luke Dahlhaus - Luke Mitchell - Patrick Ryder
R: Hamish Macintosh - Gary Ablett Jr - Tendai Mzungu
Int: Ed Curnow - Jeremy Howe - Aaron Joseph

Sub: Luke Breust

Billie Smedts - midfielder
Cruize Garlett - midfielder
Trent Dennis-Lane - flanker
Alwyn Davey - small forward
Karmichael Hunt - small defender
Tom Williams - KPD
Mitch Brown - KPF
Majak Daw - Ruck

Happy enough with that team.

Next up is Jeremias.

Need a bit of defensive cover, so I'll take a tall defender.

Had a pretty good year in 2010 and is a very solid defender when fully fit. Unfortunately he wasn't in 2011 and suffered accordingly.

Most agree he is part of North Melbourne's best side so if he's back up and running expect to see him feature regularly in their senior team in 2012.

Not sure he makes my starting squad, I'll go through that later this afternoon and post what I believe is my best side - but at the very least he provides some very adequate cover as a tall defender.

I select Nathan Grima

Back